Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So, I interviewed at Yale for sculpture. They ask you to do a formal presentation of your work to the students and faculty. I was not flustered, I spoke from the heart and hip about my practice.

Accepted to Yale Sculpture!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Congratulations to everyone so far! And to you guys who haven't gotten quite what you wanted; don't give up! I don't believe in the theory of No, rather I believe in No(t right now). So keep making th

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Poodle-Doodle said:

CK-LknYUsAAInFb.jpg

 

IIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!! When you apply into 20,000 kazillion schools and have to make a decision by tomorrow. :wacko:

Rodney McMillian gets my vote

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, leekrasner said:

Mustered up the courage to email Tyler this morning to ask what's going on, and finally got some official word that I'm on the waitlist. apparently they will "have decisions made by the beginning of next week at latest."  ?

 

At this point, I don't think Tyler's  even knows what they're doing! After an email exchange with the Chair of the painting dept a few weeks back. I just determined that Tyler was not going to be a good fit. He admitted they're having funding issues with recruiting the incoming class. Too much miss information dates being thrown around that have long since passed. Folks finding out their applications were never reviewed by the review committee. The last min class size to 5 might of work for other folks, but I didn't find the exclusiveness of just 4 other painters to be attractive. 

Whatever I'm gucci, I'm still young and beautiful I have time to find another amazing MFA program but not enough patiences Tyler! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Poodle-Doodle said:

UCLA didn't offer a whole lot in $$$ 

The finalist are Columbia and SAIC. 

@leekrasner mad props for reaching out to your schools. There's never nothing wrong with asking who, what, when, where, why and how! That's the most important fearless thing that you can do! 

Damn, that's surprising about UCLA—always thought they had good funding. Guess things might have changed this year. :\ 

You're gonna dominate whatever scene you go into!!! Columbia vs SAIC with full ride is a seriously tough choice, but you're have an incredible experience either way! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Zander said:

At this point, I don't think Tyler's  even knows what they're doing! After an email exchange with the Chair of the painting dept a few weeks back. I just determined that Tyler was not going to be a good fit. He admitted they're having funding issues with recruiting the incoming class. Too much miss information dates being thrown around that have long since passed. Folks finding out their applications were never reviewed by the review committee. The last min class size to 5 might of work for other folks, but I didn't find the exclusiveness of just 4 other painters to be attractive. 

Whatever I'm gucci, I'm still young and beautiful I have time to find another amazing MFA program but not enough patiences Tyler! 

Your work is already ? ? ?  some awesome school is going to be lucky to have you whenever you reapply!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Poodle-Doodle said:

UCLA didn't offer a whole lot in $$$ 

The finalist are Columbia and SAIC. 

@leekrasner mad props for reaching out to your schools. There's never nothing wrong with asking who, what, when, where, why and how! That's the most important fearless thing that you can do! 

well then there is no bad decision here obvi- I can offer that I have lived in both cities and although I looooved Chicago, I would rather be in NYC. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Poodle-Doodle said:

UCLA didn't offer a whole lot in $$$ 

The finalist are Columbia and SAIC. 

@leekrasner mad props for reaching out to your schools. There's never nothing wrong with asking who, what, when, where, why and how! That's the most important fearless thing that you can do! 

Did you get funding from Columbia???

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Poodle-Doodle said:

UCLA didn't offer a whole lot in $$$ 

The finalist are Columbia and SAIC. 

@leekrasner mad props for reaching out to your schools. There's never nothing wrong with asking who, what, when, where, why and how! That's the most important fearless thing that you can do! 

Thank you! If I hadn't back in February I would have never found out they messed up my application either. Like you said a few pages ago, I don't believe in no, but no(t right now) lol. Gonna keep making work and doing my thing, try again next year. 

2 hours ago, Zander said:

At this point, I don't think Tyler's  even knows what they're doing! After an email exchange with the Chair of the painting dept a few weeks back. I just determined that Tyler was not going to be a good fit. He admitted they're having funding issues with recruiting the incoming class. Too much miss information dates being thrown around that have long since passed. Folks finding out their applications were never reviewed by the review committee. The last min class size to 5 might of work for other folks, but I didn't find the exclusiveness of just 4 other painters to be attractive. 

Whatever I'm gucci, I'm still young and beautiful I have time to find another amazing MFA program but not enough patiences Tyler! 

Yeah, their whole admissions process has been a great mystery to me. Shame, because I really like some of the faculty, and some of the students and alumni that have come from Tyler. I might re-apply next year based on those factors, but, like you said, we're young and got time. Best of luck to you on your endeavors!  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, leekrasner said:

Mustered up the courage to email Tyler this morning to ask what's going on, and finally got some official word that I'm on the waitlist. apparently they will "have decisions made by the beginning of next week at latest."  ?

So strange, I was just on the phone with graduate admissions at Tyler asking about the status of my app today, and they told me I'd hear by April 1st. They said no rejections had gone out yet, that some acceptances had, but that applications were still being reviewed, and when I asked about a wait lsit they said they didn't know about one. What the heck?!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, wompwompwomp said:

So strange, I was just on the phone with graduate admissions at Tyler asking about the status of my app today, and they told me I'd hear by April 1st. They said no rejections had gone out yet, that some acceptances had, but that applications were still being reviewed, and when I asked about a wait lsit they said they didn't know about one. What the heck?!

The graduate admissions office at Tyler is a mess. They apparently didn't sync my portfolio and application, and only forwarded it to the painting department when I emailed them asking about my status. I suggest just emailing your department head directly to get a better idea.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, emilydebroux said:

Anyone have any advice for negotiating a scholarship? 

 

 

Lol tell me too.  Pratt offered me $30k and I asked for more and they told me that was the highest amount offered and half their students receive no scholarship.

-_____-

I'm not going to go to grad school and just be anxious the entire time of how much debt I'm going into to be there.

Edited by meghanmetier
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, meghanmetier said:

Lol tell me too.  Pratt offered me $30k and I asked for more and they told me that was the highest amount offered and half their students receive more scholarship.

-_____-

I'm not going to go to grad school and just be anxious the entire time of how much debt I'm going into to be there.

For me especially so because I don't want to work the entire time like in undergrad!! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, emilydebroux said:

For me especially so because I don't want to work the entire time like in undergrad!! 

Yeah I really don't think working in grad school outside the school is a good idea, it really distracts you for the reason why you're there!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/3/2017 at 11:40 AM, medicenana said:

 

Georgia State University (MFA in Studio w/ a concentration in Graphic Design) - Awaiting decision.

 

 

Have you heard anything? My status is "ADMISSION STATUS: Evaluation Complete/Awaiting Decision" and APPLICATION STATUS: SUBMITTED Submitted Icon

I've called (and left a voicemail) and emailed with no response. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wompwompwomp said:

So strange, I was just on the phone with graduate admissions at Tyler asking about the status of my app today, and they told me I'd hear by April 1st. They said no rejections had gone out yet, that some acceptances had, but that applications were still being reviewed, and when I asked about a wait lsit they said they didn't know about one. What the heck?!

Yeah, I emailed them and they said I was on the waitlist.  WAITlist, literally lol

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.