HGSE 2017

aina7

12 minutes ago, tgcaccount said:

It's all crickets on my end when it comes to EPPE. I wonder if they have offered PhD admissions yet for EPPE.

I got the call for EPPE yesterday. I think they will send out official acceptances/waitlists/rejections tomorrow (at least in the phone call, the dean mentioned that I'd get the offer in writing on Friday, so that's something!).

2 hours ago, boscojoba said:

Folks who had PhD interviews at HGSE/GSAS - have you heard back?

A few of us have heard back. I got the call from the dean on Wednesday last week, and my application status was changed on Friday. 

@waitnhope They do not do any interviews for master's and they release all acceptances on the same date for master's program as well. I have a friend working at HGSE who I've been speaking with throughout the admissions season & he has some insider info about PhD admissions. He told me that in past years, no one has been offered a PhD spot without being interviewed, and that's probably the same for this year. PhD interviews have already finished, I believe many have received admissions calls too.

8 hours ago, jmaroon said:

@waitnhope They do not do any interviews for master's and they release all acceptances on the same date for master's program as well. I have a friend working at HGSE who I've been speaking with throughout the admissions season & he has some insider info about PhD admissions. He told me that in past years, no one has been offered a PhD spot without being interviewed, and that's probably the same for this year. PhD interviews have already finished, I believe many have received admissions calls too.

Does your friend have any info on when they are likely to reveal the Master's applicant decisions? Time seems to be moving so slowly lately while we are waiting for these results!

21 hours ago, pj060690 said:

Does your friend have any info on when they are likely to reveal the Master's applicant decisions? Time seems to be moving so slowly lately while we are waiting for these results!

Hi @pj060690 - All masters decisions are released at the same time.  You can expect to hear that first week of March.  I heard back around March 8th.  The accepted student events are happening as early as March 14th - so you should hear about a week before that. Hope this is helpful! Just a few more weeks to go. 

18 minutes ago, forgetful26 said:

For all of those that apply also for the Master's program. Did your PhD rejection letter stated any indication of the application being submitted to the referral committee? 

No, it didn't. I believe it's a completely separate process. Master's decisions are supposed to come out much later (in March). I think it is safe to assume that your application is passed on to the referral committee automatically though. Not sure!

Edited by frissoli

Rejected from HGSE PhD also. For me, at least, it's a mixed relief feeling. Went to Harvard for undergraduate, and have mixed feelings about my experience (duly note, I am grateful for the opportunity to attend, but realized that having no sunshine really affected my mood. That being stated, the city and resources are amazing).

I will take it as an opportunity to grow, and see if I cross paths once again with Harvard in the future.

Two and half more weeks. Master's applicants, are you guys nervous? I just submitted my financial aid application on Feb 10th, right on the deadline. hehe. I'm so busy that I'm just pushing it all aside. I can say that I am not nervous or anxious. I'm very chilled about this whole thing. I think about it from time to time, but it doesn't consume me because I have a pretty busy schedule, so I'm preoccupied with so many other things. Good luck to everyone!

On 2/14/2017 at 9:29 AM, pj060690 said:

I got an email from HGSE asking if I'd like to participate in the phone-a-thon to congratulate accepted masters students. I can't wait to do it, it was super helpful and nice last year to receive a call from a current student in my program. They didn't say when exactly this would happen but I assume it's the week after acceptances. Soon enough!

On 2/15/2017 at 7:56 PM, goldenangel1 said:

Two and half more weeks. Master's applicants, are you guys nervous? I just submitted my financial aid application on Feb 10th, right on the deadline. hehe. I'm so busy that I'm just pushing it all aside. I can say that I am not nervous or anxious. I'm very chilled about this whole thing. I think about it from time to time, but it doesn't consume me because I have a pretty busy schedule, so I'm preoccupied with so many other things. Good luck to everyone!

I'm nervous because I'm not sure what date the decisions will be made. Looking at last year's forum it looks like the past 4 years decisions came out the first Friday of March, but the previous 4 years they came out on Tuesday. So I'm wondering if they will come out on a completely different day or maybe back to Tuesday? 

Edited by VKing89

12 hours ago, VKing89 said:

I'm nervous because I'm not sure what date the decisions will be made. Looking at last year's forum it looks like the past 4 years decisions came out the first Friday of March, but the previous 4 years they came out on Tuesday. So I'm wondering if they will come out on a completely different day or maybe back to Tuesday? 

Thanks. I didn't even know the exact dates that the results come on that. Thanks for sharing. So anytime between March 3rd to March 10th, we should hear back from HGSE.

I remember someone saying a little while back in this thread that the School Leadership Masters is in all likelihood the most competitive program at HGSE to get into. Can any current student or alum shed light on the perceived competitiveness of the Mind, Brain and Education program? I think i'd be a good fit, but kinda down right now as I just re-read my personal statement and realized that a lot of sections could've been revised to reflect my experiences and interest specifically about children's cognition, and not just effective learning environments that I talked about a lot (which sounds too generic now).

Edited by Int_EdPolicy
edited for clarity

On 2/17/2017 at 8:19 AM, goldenangel1 said:

Thanks. I didn't even know the exact dates that the results come on that. Thanks for sharing. So anytime between March 3rd to March 10th, we should hear back from HGSE.

The HGSE website says the notification date for  Ed.M. candidates is late March. It would be so great to hear earlier. I don't think I can wait much longer.

1 minute ago, shanti said:

The HGSE website says the notification date for  Ed.M. candidates is late March. It would be so great to hear earlier. I don't think I can wait much longer.

The website does say that, but if you go through the HGSE threads for previous cohorts, Ed.M. candidates are usually notified within the first 10 days of March.