HGSE 2017

aina7

7 minutes ago, Curious53 said:

Just got an e-mail inviting me for an interview. CIS applicant.

Interesting. So maybe they are doing them by concentration. Hmm. I wonder if any HDLT folks have gotten invites?

27 minutes ago, cogdog said:

Oh wow! Congrats! 

Thanks!

It seems like they are sending them out one-by-one. In the email, they asked me to confirm by tomorrow at noon. So maybe they are working through the weekend to continue coordinating and sending emails out? I wouldn't give up hope yet (like I had earlier today)!

Edited by lisetta

2 minutes ago, lisetta said:

Thanks!

It seems like they are sending them out one-by-one. In the email, they asked me to confirm by tomorrow at noon. So maybe they are working through the weekend to continue coordinating and sending emails out? I wouldn't give up hope yet (like I had earlier today)!

Ah ok. Thanks for the info and good luck on your interview. At this point I think it's healthier to lower my expectations and be pleasantly surprised if I do get the email over the weekend. 

6 minutes ago, lisetta said:

Thanks!

Wow! CONGRATULATIONS!!! 

I'm pretty surprised that they only gave you until noon tomorrow to respond. Tight timeline... Who is doing the interview? Is it the adcom or a professor?

3 minutes ago, cogdog said:

Ah ok. Thanks for the info and good luck on your interview. At this point I think it's healthier to lower my expectations and be pleasantly surprised if I do get the email over the weekend. 

That's how I felt earlier today. It was definitely a pleasant surprise!

For anyone wondering, here are some of my stats:

- Went to undergrad at an R1 public state university.

- Undergrad GPA: 3.99

- GRE: Above 95th percentile for verbal and writing. Above 65th percentile for quantitative.

- 4+ years of social science research experience (combined undergrad and post-bac).

- Emailed with professors prior to submission of my application.

11 minutes ago, frissoli said:

Wow! CONGRATULATIONS!!! 

I'm pretty surprised that they only gave you until noon tomorrow to respond. Tight timeline... Who is doing the interview? Is it the adcom or a professor?

Thanks! Yeah, it does seem like a tight timeline. The interview is with the professors whose research interests align with my own.

Edited by lisetta

19 minutes ago, arvindilamaran said:

Hey guys,

Got the interview call for EPPE. Anyone else here got it too?

I got an email for EPPE yesterday afternoon!

3 minutes ago, lisetta said:

Thanks! Yeah, it does seem like a tight timeline. The interview is with the professors whose research interests align with my own.

Thanks for the info and for sharing your stats! Best of luck in your interview :)

Congratulations everyone! Best of luck to you all in the interview stage. Sounds like those of us applying for the EdLD have a few more weeks to wait it out. It's been 13 years since I lived in Boston and haven't been back since, so getting an interview and being able to visit would itself be wonderful. To everyone else still waiting to hear, fingers crossed! 

2 hours ago, lisetta said:

Thanks!

Congratulations @lisetta! I certainly hope so, I've pretty much given up hope and made peace with it (lots of me telling myself how I have a couple of pretty lovely and kind professors at other universities who are happy to advise me in their programmes--if I get in--and how I'd be less stressed competing for professor time/attention at their unis than at Harvard! :P)

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this forum. I also applied to HGSE for Fall 2017 for the L & T M.Ed Program. Does anyone know how competitive this program is?

I've been reading through this entire thread and it's been very helpful. I visited HGSE a few times and I really love the students, staff and faculty there. I have even attended some of the conferences there too. I love the atmosphere, very warm, friendly and welcoming. :)

Err...does anyone know if the HGSE Financial Aid Application links have been emailed out yet?

"The 2017-2018 HGSE Financial Aid Application will be available in January 2017. The HGSE Financial Aid Office will contact you with information and instructions on how to submit your Financial Aid Application online."

This is for TEP. Thanks!

16 hours ago, engled52 said:

Err...does anyone know if the HGSE Financial Aid Application links have been emailed out yet?

"The 2017-2018 HGSE Financial Aid Application will be available in January 2017. The HGSE Financial Aid Office will contact you with information and instructions on how to submit your Financial Aid Application online."

This is for TEP. Thanks!

I received two emails from the HGSE Financial Aid office; one with a portal login name and one with an access code. I applied for PSP but assume this is the same process for all masters applicants.  

39 minutes ago, VKing89 said:

I received two emails from the HGSE Financial Aid office; one with a portal login name and one with an access code. I applied for PSP but assume this is the same process for all masters applicants.  

I received the same. I applied for IEP.

Hi everyone, if you PMed me I think I've responded to everyone. For those that asked for a PM I'm working on getting back to ya, the number of people who actually PMed me was a lot more than I thought. there are a lot of new people on this thread!

As an aside, I havent recieved any fin aid emails or any sort of communication regarding my EdM app, but I guess we've all still got awhile and maybe fin aid is also working slowly

11 hours ago, jmaroon said:

As an aside, I havent recieved any fin aid emails or any sort of communication regarding my EdM app, but I guess we've all still got awhile and maybe fin aid is also working slowly

Did you submit a completed application? If so, you should have gotten an email from financial aid cuz the deadline for the application is 2/10. For those who haven't received financial aid email, I advise you to call and find out because the deadline is approaching. I would think that everyone should receive an email after two days of submitting a completed application.