Hi all!! Happy to have found this thread. I applied to NPSIA (current Carleton student) a few days before the deadline and my current status is "Recommended for Assessment." From what I've seen, offers tend to go out in bulk Mid-March, and then based on who accepts/rejects their offer, another round goes out after depending on the number of spaces left. (For the record - my. last name is an H). 

12 minutes ago, Hopeful2017 said:

Update from NPSIA: they received over 400 applications this cycle so they are currently going through each one. Tabatha mentioned that it takes a lot of time to go through each one. 

Do you know what is the usual number of applications they receive? Is this a hike?

4 minutes ago, PoliticalNerd2017 said:

Do you know what is the usual number of applications they receive? Is this a hike?

I thought it's usually 300 - this is what I've read on past forums. And they accept usually 100? My last name starts with an S so it seems they're doing it alphabetically.  The anxiety is very real. I obsessively check these statuses every 30 minutes haha. 

20 minutes ago, Hopeful2017 said:

I thought it's usually 300 - this is what I've read on past forums. And they accept usually 100? My last name starts with an S so it seems they're doing it alphabetically.  The anxiety is very real. I obsessively check these statuses every 30 minutes haha. 

We've got time..NPSIA informed me that admissions won't be going out till mid March at the earliest. 

1 hour ago, Hopeful2017 said:

Update from NPSIA: they received over 400 applications this cycle so they are currently going through each one. Tabatha mentioned that it takes a lot of time to go through each one. 

They usually accept around 80 students each year, so that means we have a 20% chance of getting accepted. Best of luck guys! 

10 minutes ago, Norma955 said:

They usually accept around 80 students each year, so that means we have a 20% chance of getting accepted. Best of luck guys! 

I think cohorts vary from year to year. I recall the NPSIA representative at the APSIA fair in the fall mentioning that last year's cohort was about a 100 people. 

2 hours ago, msat said:

I think cohorts vary from year to year. I recall the NPSIA representative at the APSIA fair in the fall mentioning that last year's cohort was about a 100 people. 

I'm assuming the range is from 80-100 

9 minutes ago, DefeatistElitist said:

My status just got updated from "prelim review" to "review in progress by department". My last name is "O" if that helps quell some nerves.

Hi, my last name is K and still says preliminary blah blah. Should I contact the department?

20 hours ago, Norma955 said:

Anyone know how many applicants GSPIA usually gets/what % they usually accept?

3 minutes ago, JV-K said:

Anyone know how many applicants GSPIA usually gets/what % they usually accept?

If I were to venture a guess, I would say GSPIA receives slightly less applications compared to NPSIA. NPSIA still has the brand recognition, so that probably gives em a bump in terms of volume of applications. 

My status has changed to "review in progress by department". Tabbatha emailed me because apparently my preference form was blank. Something to do with Mac compatibility issues. 

12 minutes ago, msat said:

My status has changed to "review in progress by department". Tabbatha emailed me because apparently my preference form was blank. Something to do with Mac compatibility issues. 

Last name?

4 minutes ago, Nupur11 said:

Oh dear, mine is K. 

I really wouldn't stress about it too much..They will get to everyone's (yours included) soon enough! The real stress will begin once we start seeing admissions go out.