1 hour ago, cinnamonchai said:

ah that makes sense! I am an international student, so I applied to Munk, Yale and Harvard for the European and Russian studies programs :) it really upsets me that none of these programs offer funding, and there is no chance I could get into a PhD with an undergraduate MA from a British uni... ugh this is so frustrating!

Have you heard from any other schools yet?

So CERES @ Munk doesn't offer any funding to international students?? I know for a fact that funding from CERES is quite generous for domestic students. The mandatory European internship after the first year is what turned me away from applying. 

Anyone else receive a "we've updated your admission file" for uOttawa right now? 

*Edit* This is for their MPA program... I'm wondering if this is good news? 

Edited by Hopeful2017

4 minutes ago, Hopeful2017 said:

Anyone else receive a "we've updated your admission file" for uOttawa right now? 

*Edit* This is for their MPA program... I'm wondering if this is good news? 

Nope, but as I previously posted my application is finally complete for both GSPIA and the MPA. 

8 minutes ago, msat said:

Nope, but as I previously posted my application is finally complete for both GSPIA and the MPA. 

Mine has been complete since mid January! That's why I'm thinking maybe it's a possible decision? I don't know why they would update it for any other reason at this point.

Edited by Hopeful2017

29 minutes ago, Hopeful2017 said:

Mine has been complete since mid January! That's why I'm thinking maybe it's a possible decision? I don't know why they would update it for any other reason at this point.

The system has sent me a couple of those "update" emails in recent weeks, but in the end there were no changes to my account. Don't get your hopes up as the school informed that beginning of March is when offers will start going out. Then again, bureaucracies aren't always in unison so it might very well be an admission offer! I hope for your sake it is! :)

8 minutes ago, DefeatistElitist said:

My NPSIA app is now rocking that sweet " recommended for assessment" status. Fingers crossed.

Thats awesome! You are one step further than me. Mine is still showing "review in progress by department", which I'm assuming means they are checking to see if all my ducks in a row before they even consider my application for admission. 

Just checked and my NPSIA application changed to "recommended for assessment" What does this mean? 

Also I had a chance to visit Ottawa today! I have to say I am impressed by the social science building! Or maybe this is because I come from a very small campus haha/ 

1 hour ago, Norma955 said:

Just checked and my NPSIA application changed to "recommended for assessment" What does this mean? 

Also I had a chance to visit Ottawa today! I have to say I am impressed by the social science building! Or maybe this is because I come from a very small campus haha/ 

Are you talking about the Social Sciences Bldg a Uottawa?? It is gorgeous.

1 hour ago, Norma955 said:

This page explains each of the steps: https://graduate.carleton.ca/apply-online/application-status/

'Recommended for Assessment' means "your application has been submitted to the admission committee of the academic unit to which you have applied."

2 hours ago, PoliticalNerd2017 said:

Tell me about it, my birthday is on the 5th and I'm hoping I'll be in a celebratory mood..

I totally get it. Birthday is coming up in a few weeks, along with the elimination of my current job position. Sooooo I'm really hoping for some good news on the grad school front before then 

41 minutes ago, Hopeful2017 said:

We've almost conquered another week! Has anyone's preferences changed or moved more toward one program or the other (GSPIA/NPSIA)?, just curious :) 

Not really. I like them all! I feel I can make use of the strengths of whichever program admits me.