14 minutes ago, YellsHeah said:

I will, thank you so much everyone! <3

I'm not sure what did it, but I know when I kept stalking this thread before, I was always wondering what other peoples situations were like, so just to give anyone else an idea: I applied with an 84 overall average, currently finishing my fourth year; my degree is Honours English with an Emphasis in Law and Policy; my references were likely VERY strong, because I'm on a very small campus with super kind professors who I've had for my entire stay; and I frankly don't have an excess of volunteer experience in the area, just a few on-campus jobs I've taken as a research assistant and other similar things. I can't say what got me an offer - and so early too, my surname's at the end of the list alphabetically - but I hope others start seeing offers soon too!

It did! And when I click it there's a download .pdf for the offer with the list of conditions and whatnot.

Thanks for all the info! This should help give us all some context for our own chances! :D 

1 minute ago, mchutchi said:

Buckle up!? My application is still 'incomplete'! Does this mean I get to sit back and watch all the seats fill up? How painful.

I'm in the same boat. Half of the application is still incomplete. I've called and emailed, and they just tell me to "relax". I don't want their advice, just a damn offer! haha

8 minutes ago, mchutchi said:

Buckle up!? My application is still 'incomplete'! Does this mean I get to sit back and watch all the seats fill up? How painful.

Possibly, but you aren't the only one in that position. And, for the record I wouldn't put too much stock into that "status" part of uozone as the lady I spoke to mentioned that my file was all complete and updated when in fact the system was not recognizing that fact and was stuck in "incomplete" status. Call in if you are worried your file isn't complete.  

Moreover, by "buckle up" I meant that this will be a roller coaster of emotions. For some it will be elation and happiness, for others it will be frustration punctuated by disappointment. 

Edited by msat

8 minutes ago, mchutchi said:

Yooooo, same! My GSPIA app is still listed incomplete too. But I have called and they verbally told me everything is on file. 

4 minutes ago, justapersonwhochangednames said:

Yooooo, same! My GSPIA app is still listed incomplete too. But I have called and they verbally told me everything is on file. 

I am just worried that offers are going out on a rolling basis, a first come first serve type of deal. How unfortunate that would be

13 minutes ago, mchutchi said:

I am just worried that offers are going out on a rolling basis, a first come first serve type of deal. How unfortunate that would be

No I don't think that's how it works. I think they have everything on paper, but their technical system for application statuses is simply dysfunctional. It doesn't mean they haven't looked at everyone's application. 

In UOZONE on our checklist of received/missing documents, it says I am missing one of my reference letters, one of my transcripts, and my statement of intent. I know I submitted everything, but the reference letter part worries me. When I click on 'click here to see referee details' it says 'accepted' under the referee status for one of my professors but 'pending' under the referee status for the other. This is either delayed processing on U of O's part or one of my referees is missing in action. If anyone else with an 'incomplete' application doesn't have a check mark on the list beside one of their reference letters, can you click on the 'referee details' and see if it nonetheless reads 'accepted' or if like mine it says 'pending'? It would be very helpful to know!

Just now, mchutchi said:

In UOZONE on our checklist of received/missing documents, it says I am missing one of my reference letters, one of my transcripts, and my statement of intent. I know I submitted everything, but the reference letter part worries me. When I click on 'click here to see referee details' it says 'accepted' under the referee status for one of my professors but 'pending' under the referee status for the other. This is either delayed processing on U of O's part or one of my referees is missing in action. If anyone else with an 'incomplete' application doesn't have a check mark on the list beside one of their reference letters, can you click on the 'referee details' and see if it nonetheless reads 'accepted' or if like mine it says 'pending'? It would be very helpful to know!

I wouldn't worry too much, since their online system is clearly awful. But you should give them a call to make sure everything is in order. 

P.S. don't expect to talk to a human atm. I keep getting voicemail.

1 minute ago, Kaspara said:

I wouldn't worry too much, since their online system is clearly awful. But you should give them a call to make sure everything is in order. 

P.S. don't expect to talk to a human atm. I keep getting voicemail.

I just called. Was told that all they can see is what we can see on the system. From calling a few times over the past couple months, it seems like there is one very helpful lady and one lady who really, really doesn't like her job. 4/5 times I have gotten the 2nd lady. 

Just emailed NPSIA to ask when we can expect admission offers. Here's the response:

Thank you for your email below.  At this time, we are in the process of preparing files for review.  We anticipate having decisions to applicants over the next 3 weeks.  Decisions will be sent by email, to the email address listed on the application.

Also, my status changed to 'recommended for assessment' around early February. Last name B 

I spoke to the Graduate Administrator at the Political Science department at Carleton, and was told that my M.A Poli Sci application is in the top 20 ranking and that I am most likely receiving an acceptance by the 15th with funding. This was my backup program (behind both NPSIA and GSPIA) but that was nice to hear. 

2 minutes ago, PoliticalNerd2017 said:

And who knows how long that may take, as they will wait to hear back from first round offers.... :/.

My GSPIA offer requires an acceptance or refusal by March 20th, if that's any helpful frame of reference.

2 minutes ago, YellsHeah said:

My GSPIA offer requires an acceptance or refusal by March 20th, if that's any helpful frame of reference.

Thank you for that!! It does help. If that is the case, it may actually be late March/early April for second round offers. 

Turns out one of my referees just submitted the reference letter yesterday and hence my application still reading as 'incomplete.' I wonder if because of this I am at the back of the line and will now only be considered for 2nd round. I hope not because I have a 3.9 and a very stacked international CV that I really hope gets at least considered for 1st round. Basically I don't know how any of this works over at that end so I am just assuming the worst. Any insights?

18 minutes ago, PoliticalNerd2017 said:

I spoke to the Graduate Administrator at the Political Science department at Carleton, and was told that my M.A Poli Sci application is in the top 20 ranking and that I am most likely receiving an acceptance by the 15th with funding. This was my backup program (behind both NPSIA and GSPIA) but that was nice to hear. 

What's the status on your poli sci application? Mine is still 'review in progress by department' 

37 minutes ago, PoliticalNerd2017 said:

Well, at least you can breathe a sigh of relief given the fact that you will have at least AN option.

If I am to receive rejections, I'd like it to be sooner rather than later. In other words, i'll take the guillotine instead of slowly bleeding out.

Edited by msat

Update on Carleton's MPPA: The admissions committee has reviewed all the files.  I will be submitting the proposed funding offers to Grad studies this week.  Offers should begin to be sent out next week.

I WILL be recommending your admission.

This is the email I received from their admissions coordinator.

14 minutes ago, Hopeful2017 said:

Update on Carleton's MPPA: The admissions committee has reviewed all the files.  I will be submitting the proposed funding offers to Grad studies this week.  Offers should begin to be sent out next week.

I WILL be recommending your admission.

This is the email I received from their admissions coordinator.

Congratulations!