14 minutes ago, mchutchi said:

no one else has even heard from back from gspia yet. it's as if they sent out 2 offers a few weeks ago and then just went on vacation. my application was 'incomplete' from Feb 1st to like 2 days ago. fucking unreal. and then you call them and Daniela picks up the phone and sounds all flustered like your wasting her time and then you call back a month later and they are like oh yah hehe looks like we accidently labelled your letter of intent as a resume hehe so we just ignored your application good thing you called hehe. 

i feel your pain, bruh

30 minutes ago, mchutchi said:

no one else has even heard from back from gspia yet. it's as if they sent out 2 offers a few weeks ago and then just went on vacation. my application was 'incomplete' from Feb 1st to like 2 days ago. fucking unreal. and then you call them and Daniela picks up the phone and sounds all flustered like your wasting her time and then you call back a month later and they are like oh yah hehe looks like we accidently labelled your letter of intent as a resume hehe so we just ignored your application good thing you called hehe. 

Can I just say that Daniella is literally the most unhelpful person ever? Sorry, but even when I went to the uOttawa campus to get some questions about the program last year, she was SO RUDE. In comparison, Nancy is super kind and actually responds with helpful answers, both by phone and email. I would recommend emailing Nancy directly if you want instead of just the GSPIA email: Nancy.Pelletier@uOttawa.ca .

In regards to GSPIA, I am extremely frustrated with their inept behaviour... NPSIA is just as busy if not more, and has been more than capable of getting back to students. There have been only a handful of offers from 3 weeks back and THAT'S IT.

Nancy is a boss. I had heard rumors of a lady at GSPIA who is super nice and helpful and yes, friends, the rumors are true. If you phone in and Daniela answers, just hang up and keep trying until Nancy answers. And yeah, NPSIA has been top notch throughout this whole process. My theory is that this is the 1st year where everyone is starting to see NPSIA and GSPIA on equal footing and a whole lot of folks are even listing GSPIA as their top choice, so an increase in applications has probably thrown them a curve ball. In previous years it has probably just been Daniela in an office full of cobwebs quietly losing her mind getting 3 phone calls a week (which would explain some things) and then this year a 8.5 million people applied so they brought big Nancy in on contract to handle things but their online system just can't cope so its just been one huge technical glitch. It seems as if Daniela was able to process 2.5 applications back in early feb before things got crazy. 

Edited by mchutchi

3 minutes ago, mchutchi said:

Nancy is a boss. I had heard rumors of a lady at GSPIA who is super nice and helpful and yes, friends, the rumors are true. If you phone in and Daniela answers, just hang up and keep trying until Nancy answers. And yeah, NPSIA has been top notch throughout this whole process. My theory is that this is the 1st year where everyone is starting to see NPSIA and GSPIA on equal footing and a whole lot of folks are even listing GSPIA as their top choice, so an increase in applications has probably thrown them a curve ball. In previous years it has probably just been Daniela in an office full of cobwebs quietly losing her mind getting 3 phone calls a week (which would explain some things) and then this year a 8.5 million people applied so they brought big Nancy in on contract to handle things but their online system just can't cope so its just been one huge technical glitch. It seems as if Daniela was able to process 2.5 applications back in early feb before things got crazy. 

Do you think that'll translate into accepting more people into the program? 

12 minutes ago, Investigate311 said:

Do you think that'll translate into accepting more people into the program? 

no. my theory is that no one is getting admitted save for the 2 peeps that Daniela processed before their two bit operation got overwhelmed. they will probably retire the entire program and try to rebuild. I expect the announcement by weeks end

Edited by mchutchi

29 minutes ago, mchutchi said:

I laughed really hard while reading this. Thank you for your sense of humour haha I am one of those applications she processed :P 

15 minutes ago, mchutchi said:

no. my theory is that no one is getting admitted save for the 2 peeps that Daniela processed before their two bit operation got overwhelmed. they will probably retire the entire program and try to rebuild. I expect the announcement by weeks end

LMAO you're hilarious.

30 minutes ago, mchutchi said:

I needed this laugh. *Heads back to paper I have to finish*

I was told that they would fix my uozone glitch by Friday for sure. Who really knows though with GSPIA? I've been told so many things over the past few weeks lol. Nancy is amazing though, bless her soul. It seems like she's the only one working there or something. GSPIA - NPSIA - Carleton MPPA - uOttawa MPA are my choices. I'm hoping we get GSPIA soon so we can start deciding. 

7 hours ago, Norma955 said:

Who else feels that NPSIA is a lot more generous with funding and scholarships than GSPIA? Comparing my $29,000 at NPSIA to $12,000 for GSPIA... This is a huge difference, anyone else have this dilemma? 

Definitely feel the same way. My NPSIA funding is over $15,000 more than my GSPIA funding. I prefer GSPIA in a lot of ways but I don't think it wins out when taking into account the money. Plus it's possible to take some courses at UOttawa (e.g. GSPIA courses) while being a NPSIA student, so it would still be possible to study under some of the great profs GSPIA has...

3 minutes ago, IR.Applicant said:

Got an email from Munk notifying me I didn't make the cut. But apparently I was admitted to GSPIA. Not sure if I should celebrate... it's so bittersweet.

GSPIA is an amazing program, you should be celebrating the low tuition fees! Sorry about Munk tho. 

6 minutes ago, IR.Applicant said:

Got an email from Munk notifying me I didn't make the cut. But apparently I was admitted to GSPIA. Not sure if I should celebrate... it's so bittersweet.

Congratulations on GSPIA!! And thank you for the update on Munk.

11 minutes ago, IR.Applicant said:

Same. Got a Munk email today rejecting me. Considering the money McMaster is willing to give me and its healthy property market, I'm going to accept that offer. Haven't heard from NPSIA or GSPIA yet, but I don't want to raise my hopes. The last six weeks have been enough emotional turmoil haha

11 minutes ago, justapersonwhochangednames said:

Same. Got a Munk email today rejecting me. Considering the money McMaster is willing to give me and its healthy property market, I'm going to accept that offer. Haven't heard from NPSIA or GSPIA yet, but I don't want to raise my hopes. The last six weeks have been enough emotional turmoil haha

What program did you apply to at McMaster?

11 minutes ago, justapersonwhochangednames said:

When did your application go Under Review?