1 hour ago, PoliticalNerd2017 said:

Got accepted into GSPIA!!!!! My offer was also in French.... but from what I gathered, I'll get funding of $6,000, which is a bit low to be honest... But I'm grateful I got in at all. Still waiting for my official NPSIA offer, it is currently "Review in progress by Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Affairs".

EDIT: WAIT, I GOT $12,000!!!!! It says 6,000 per year for two years=$12,000. Nevermind, I'm pretty satisfied with the offer lol.

Congrats!!! What program are you leaning towards more? 

Munk and NPSIA are both in the Association of Professional Schools of International Affairs (APSIA). 

https://apsia.org/graduate-schools-programs/member-directory/?sortorder=titleasc&filtercountry=Canada 

"NPSIA is a fully accredited and founding member of the Association of Professional Schools of International Affairs (APSIA), an association of the leading graduate programs in international affairs in countries that include the United States, Britain, France, Singapore, Korea, Russia, Switzerland, and China".

Can someone explain the relevance of this? What's the difference between a ASPIA credited school and one that isn't?

This is really weird but my GSPIA application which just said 'admitted' and showed me my offer, now says 'under evaluation' again. UGHHHHH

I'm going to assume its a technical issue for now, but this is annoying. I saved my offer of admission thankfully.

Edited by PoliticalNerd2017

6 minutes ago, PoliticalNerd2017 said:

This is really weird but my GSPIA application which just said 'admitted' and showed me my offer, now says 'under evaluation' again. UGHHHHH

I'm going to assume its a technical issue for now, but this is annoying. I saved my offer of admission thankfully.

looks like they done changed their minds on ya bra 

1 minute ago, comeondown said:

Me too! Congratulations!!! 

Did your letter say anything about funding?

Congratulations! Only that the admissions committee will be meeting separately to determine precisely such-- and yours? 

Edited by LuiAp

Received my official offer from Munk with a $5000 scholarship ! Not the greatest funding. I'll be choosing between NPSIA and Munk, and also Queen's Law, uOttawa Law, or uOttawa Law's joint program with NPSIA. 

Lurker here: also received a Munk application with 5K in funding - hard to compare that to 22.5 from NPSIA, especially considering the difference in living costs and tuition. Still waiting on GSPIA since, like many of you, they have fucked my application.  

Is anyone planning on trying to play the different schools against each other to try and get more funding? 

2 minutes ago, theorynerd said:

Lurker here: also received a Munk application with 5K in funding - hard to compare that to 22.5 from NPSIA, especially considering the difference in living costs and tuition. Still waiting on GSPIA since, like many of you, they have fucked my application.  

Is anyone planning on trying to play the different schools against each other to try and get more funding? 

Can you even do that? 

1 minute ago, DefeatistElitist said:

Absolutely. My friend got McMaster's poli sci program to match his 35K offer from Western when his original offer was like 10K...

Damn.... I wonder the best way to approach that? You don't want to seem to pushy I guess.  

6 minutes ago, Hopeful2017 said:

Damn.... I wonder the best way to approach that? You don't want to seem to pushy I guess.  

(I also got in to Munk, says my funding will come separately though?)

I plan on straight up saying something along the lines of "tuition is double NPSIA's, I would prefer Munk and think it's a much better fit for me (not entirely true, but not exactly a lie), but I cannot afford to pass on 14K for a school that is twice as expensive that offered half the funding."

Masters degrees are expensive as fuck. They'll understand.

Worst case scenario they say no and you can still take what they offered.

Congrats everyone! I also got my email from Munk just now with a $5000 scholarship! Must have had the admin team working overtime tonight...

Hard to compare to $35K at NPSIA, especially given comparative tuition costs for the same length of program and the cost of living in Toronto. But it is so exciting to know nonetheless!