On 2017-03-21 at 4:32 PM, MB25 said:

Just an update on NPSIA. Tabbatha got back to me and said she just sent out another round of offers. She also stated that all applicants will get an email about the status of their application by the end of this week. 

Hi there, So, if I haven't heard back from NPSIA yet, does this meant I can expect to be waitlisted? I have already been waitlisted by Munk.

35 minutes ago, Investigate311 said:

Does anyone know if GSPIA offers are still rolling out? I can't figure out if they're doing it in waves or a few a day. What an embarrassing screw up on their part. 

I was going to get in touch with them next Wednesday, because my impression was to expect decisions or some sort of update by the end of March

4 hours ago, Hopeful2017 said:

Did you decide what program yet?! 

No not yet, I got into Munk, the SPPG, and Carleton for their MPPA and I am sooooo torn! At the moment I am just trying to figure out how to make the money work with professional student lines of credit :/ 

1 hour ago, unblinkingbleb said:

Hey. Yeah, just checked and my status has been changed to decision made... Not sure if that is good news or bad news. The same for you?

I already got in, but one of my friends had her status changed, but mine already switched so I couldn't check. That is very good though! :D I will let her know! Best of luck!!!!! :) You both are on the waitlist so I think that means that you should be expecting a letter very soon! I think they send stuff off to SGS for a letter and then send them out afterwards? 

Edited by Duplified

Hi all,

Just confirmed that I won't be receiving any funding from Munk, so for those of you on the wait list another spot should be opening up soon!

2 hours ago, Duplified said:

No not yet, I got into Munk, the SPPG, and Carleton for their MPPA and I am sooooo torn! At the moment I am just trying to figure out how to make the money work with professional student lines of credit :/ 

I already got in, but one of my friends had her status changed, but mine already switched so I couldn't check. That is very good though! :D I will let her know! Best of luck!!!!! :) You both are on the waitlist so I think that means that you should be expecting a letter very soon! I think they send stuff off to SGS for a letter and then send them out afterwards? 

Well I will believe it when I see it and try not to think about it until then! :)

58 minutes ago, IA2017 said:

Hi all,

Just confirmed that I won't be receiving any funding from Munk, so for those of you on the wait list another spot should be opening up soon!

Did you contact them or did you receive another email with this information? I too have yet to hear about funding

4 hours ago, Investigate311 said:

Does anyone know if GSPIA offers are still rolling out? I can't figure out if they're doing it in waves or a few a day. What an embarrassing screw up on their part. 

Yeah I got my offer today. After my file being "incomplete" for so it is like I forgot I even applied to GSPIA. I'm turning it down for NPSIA.

1 hour ago, FT1994 said:

For those of you intending to go to Munk, what accommodation options are you considering? (I'm new to Toronto)

Here's some information about housing that I've been looking at. Not sure if you are interested in a meal plan/living off-campus so I included it all!

University housing:

• Knox College - around $1200 per month, includes meal plan, wifi, linen service, and is very close to Munk school (on St. George)
  • St. Vladimir Institute - around $1500 per month, includes meal plan, wifi, linen service (on Spadina)
  • Grad House* - $749-$1094 per month, no meal plan, wifi included, and is very close to Munk school (on Harbord)

*Note that you have to apply to live in the Grad House, applications for Fall 2017 are now open at http://gradhouse.utoronto.ca/admissions/apply-now/

Off-campus housing:

There are a lot of off-campus housing buildings, especially condo style dorms. Here is a link to more details about housing:

https://offcampushousing.utoronto.ca

Edited by comeondown

34 minutes ago, comeondown said:

Here's some information about housing that I've been looking at. Not sure if you are interested in a meal plan/living off-campus so I included it all!

University housing:

• Knox College - around $1200 per month, includes meal plan, wifi, linen service, and is very close to Munk school (on St. George)
  • St. Vladimir Institute - around $1500 per month, includes meal plan, wifi, linen service (on Spadina)
  • Grad House* - $749-$1094 per month, no meal plan, wifi included, and is very close to Munk school (on Harbord)

*Note that you have to apply to live in the Grad House, applications for Fall 2017 are now open at http://gradhouse.utoronto.ca/admissions/apply-now/

Off-campus housing:

There are a lot of off-campus housing buildings, especially condo style dorms. Here is a link to more details about housing:

https://offcampushousing.utoronto.ca

Thank your for all that information.

Knox College, is still possible to apply as non-Christian? The college looks beautiful and I would definitely be interested. I actually currently live in a theology college, but one where involvement in the Christian worship is optional (and the Christian to no-Christian ratio is ~40/60). Does this sound similar to Knox College, or is the Christian aspect much more intense?

Thanks

4 hours ago, unblinkingbleb said:

Well I will believe it when I see it and try not to think about it until then! :)

My status has changed to "Decision Made" as well. Not sure whether this is a good thing or a bad thing. 

I was pretty convinced there would be no hope of getting off the waitlist. I guess we'll find out soon!

Hi Everyone,

A while back there was a Facebook group made for people starting at NPSIA this fall (just accepted my offer yay!), but now I can't seem to find it. I'm going to be new to Ottawa and so definitely looking to connect with others before I come! Does anyone have the link to the fb group ?

Oh those going to Munk!! I'll be subletting my furnished one bedroom place not far from UofT, so if you're interested send me a message ;-)

41 minutes ago, dllnbakes said:

Hi Everyone,

A while back there was a Facebook group made for people starting at NPSIA this fall (just accepted my offer yay!), but now I can't seem to find it. I'm going to be new to Ottawa and so definitely looking to connect with others before I come! Does anyone have the link to the fb group ?

Oh those going to Munk!! I'll be subletting my furnished one bedroom place not far from UofT, so if you're interested send me a message ;-)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/269164260162911/

1 hour ago, dllnbakes said:

Hi Everyone,

Just sent you a message! I'll be choosing Munk :)

15 hours ago, FT1994 said:

For those of you intending to go to Munk, what accommodation options are you considering? (I'm new to Toronto)

I'll be considering off-campus housing to experience more of the city! It seems that there are quite a few options close to campus, and hopefully it will be cheaper as well.

Has anyone looked into Carleton's on-campus options? I just assumed that off-campus housing is much cheaper, but perhaps this isn't the case?

15 hours ago, comeondown said:

Did you contact them or did you receive another email with this information? I too have yet to hear about funding

I sent an email to Elysha Daya yesterday and she got back to me super quickly. The reply said "All funding offers have been sent out to successful applicants. If you did not receive a funding offer, it means that the admissions committee was unable to offer you funding at this time." It's too bad because Munk sounds super appealing but I can't justify going there without funding when other schools have been pretty generous.

Hi there,

I saw a few pages back someone mentioning that there was the potential to "put schools against each other" to try and get more funding. Does anyone have experience with this? Or in general asking a school to match funding from another school?