HKS 2017

HKS hopeful

39 minutes ago, WiseLatinainPolicy said:

screenshot your portal (without giving away personal info.)

Without being Sherlock we should now put an end to these wild speculations as it is helping none. Many forum members have indicated and that too with proof that there is no correlation between admission decisions and status page.

All the very very best to everyone. Hope many among us get through but someone has rightly said

As I look back on my life, I realise that everytime I though I was being rejected from something good, I was actually being redirected to something better.

16 minutes ago, HisGrace said:

When you all talk about a change,  what does it look like exactly? Mine just has a paragraph that says something like...if you have questions,  reach out using your reference number

8 minutes ago, CFT said:

Mine still looks the same.  Are people getting updates that they were declined?  What's a change?

If you only see this text: "If you need to contact us regarding your application, provide your name and this reference number XXXXXXXXXX", then it has changed. If you have more information, including email addresses and more text, it didn't. 

Edited by HKSApplicant

16 minutes ago, HisGrace said:

When you all talk about a change,  what does it look like exactly? Mine just has a paragraph that says something like...if you have questions,  reach out using your reference number

That's a change. If the results follow that of last year's, then this blog is not for nothing.

If there's one thing we're proving here is that it's possible to know if one gets admitted or not at least days before the actual results come out.

The odds are high. Only shrimps said otherwise, and that's 5:1.

26 minutes ago, MCMPA17 said:

That's a change. If the results follow that of last year's, then this blog is not for nothing.

If there's one thing we're proving here is that it's possible to know if one gets admitted or not at least days before the actual results come out.

Sad! 

37 minutes ago, MCMPA17 said:

Which makes sense, doesn't it, in terms of falling in line with the greater admissions rate at HKS? I would guess the admissions rate across all programs at HKS, in general, is somewhere between 1 in 5 or 1 in 6 gets admitted. Thankfully we will know tomorrow or Wednesday, but I have enjoyed all the wild speculation on this board over the last few days. 

I think our sample size is too small to prove anything, especially since within that small group there is already an outlier. I'm guessing there is another reason for the change that has nothing to do with admissions decisions.

Changed for me too.

But a ray of hope as I just checked my weekly horoscope and its says I would get lucky this week and high chances of some big news coming. I hope all the Geminis out there gets lucky this week. :D

Betting on horoscope seems far more intelligent than betting on status page change:-P