HKS 2017

HKS hopeful

28 minutes ago, drumroll said:

In my case, if it is positive, then my plan A for the next year, and the years after that, is set. First thing will be to tell those closest to me and who have put up with my anxiety...

If it is negative, onto to plan B which is to figure out a plan B. Move to a different city, find a new job. Whatever happens, my life is changing paths this month. First thing will be to cry on the shoulders of those closest to me and have put up with my emotional distress until now anyway....

Life is all about the change and how we handle it.  Enjoy the journey in any case :)

1 minute ago, HisGrace said:

Hopefully a few hours! 

I think the results will be announced tomorrow. They are still uploading the decisions and Matt mentioned in the blog post that they will do some test runs before sending out the decisions. That should take the whole day.

So, we can all go back to work for today. Tomorrow will be the day of non-productivity.

2 hours ago, Palolem said:

What does everyone think? 
Will the results be announced today in a few hours or Wednesday?

Last year the final paragraphs of the last post before release read:

• "While reading off the names is the final step in the admission review process, it is not the final step in the decision release process. After I read all of the names off, we create test accounts and assign different admission decisions to different staff members. Each staff member will enter the system and make sure the appropriate letter is displayed and that the correct buttons and links appear on the new admit portal. This means that yes, we do have more work to complete. There is no need to compulsively check your email - when we do release decisions I will make an announcement on this blog. Thank you for your patience."
  • That post dated from "March 08, 2016"

This year, the last post ends with:

• "While reading off the names is the final step in the admission review process, it is not the final step in the decision release process. After I read all of the names off, we create test accounts and assign different admission decisions to different staff members. Each staff member will enter the system and make sure the appropriate letter is displayed and that the correct buttons and links appear on the new admit portal. This means that yes, we do have more work to complete. There is no need to compulsively check your email - when we do release decisions I will make an announcement on this blog. Thank you for your patience." 
  • That post dates from "March 06, 2017"

Let's say that there is some similarity, don't you think. Therefore, we will most likely get the decisions today. 

My prediction is shortly before 1 pm. That is one hour away now. Brace yourselves!

Edited by ASunnyDay

I like that they think we won't compulsively check our emails, but that we will compulsively check the blog. I have my email open all day, every day. I only check the Harvard Admissions blog like 3 times an hour. 

20 minutes ago, ASunnyDay said:

Last year the final paragraphs of the last post before release read:

• "While reading off the names is the final step in the admission review process, it is not the final step in the decision release process. After I read all of the names off, we create test accounts and assign different admission decisions to different staff members. Each staff member will enter the system and make sure the appropriate letter is displayed and that the correct buttons and links appear on the new admit portal. This means that yes, we do have more work to complete. There is no need to compulsively check your email - when we do release decisions I will make an announcement on this blog. Thank you for your patience."
  • That post dated from "March 08, 2016"

This year, the last post ends with:

• "While reading off the names is the final step in the admission review process, it is not the final step in the decision release process. After I read all of the names off, we create test accounts and assign different admission decisions to different staff members. Each staff member will enter the system and make sure the appropriate letter is displayed and that the correct buttons and links appear on the new admit portal. This means that yes, we do have more work to complete. There is no need to compulsively check your email - when we do release decisions I will make an announcement on this blog. Thank you for your patience." 
  • That post dates from "March 06, 2017"

Let's say that there is some similarity, don't you think. Therefore, we will most likely get the decisions today. 

My prediction is shortly before 1 pm. That is one hour away now. Brace yourselves!

This is what I thought as well. Just that 7th seems too early, felt like we would be toyed with some more. 

I just want to point out that at least in the last two years decisions were out on a Wednesday...so they might still come out tomorrow regardless the blog post. Either way, or decisions are out in the next 45mins or tomorrow will def. be D Day...Good luck everyone! 

27 minutes ago, Econ360 said:

I just want to point out that at least in the last two years decisions were out on a Wednesday...so they might still come out tomorrow regardless the blog post. Either way, or decisions are out in the next 45mins or tomorrow will def. be D Day...Good luck everyone! 

Soooo hard to concentrate at work!

While, I trust that the adcom doesn't want to keep the applicants in suspense for another day, especially if they have completed all the related tasks; however, the improved KPIs for this year might set some level of precedent for the following years.  For that reason, the decision could very well come out tomorrow if not today.

1 minute ago, Obecalp said:

Do you suppose that the admissions committee is reading this forum and giggling? 

I wonder if admissions committees feel how we feel now on April 15th when we give them enrollment decisions!