Fall 2017 Applicants

fbuggey93

12 hours ago, 12sliders said:

Thanks you too!!

Hunter extended their deadlines. Ugh! I'm wondering if that means it will take longer to hear from them 

13 hours ago, Gee_ said:

I will contacting Fordham about an extension as well. I only applied to NYC schools. Well, let's hope we hear from them soon. Best of luck!

I got into Fordham as well. Waiting ot hear back from Hunter and BC. Best of luck to everyone!

15 minutes ago, Gee_ said:

Hunter extended their deadlines. Ugh! I'm wondering if that means it will take longer to hear from them 

Wow, I just looked it up and March 10th is pretty late...I hope it doesn't.

1 hour ago, Gee_ said:

UGH I saw that too! I have not heard a peep from them yet. I am guessing it will take longer now.

11 hours ago, taracot said:

I got into Fordham as well. Waiting ot hear back from Hunter and BC. Best of luck to everyone!

Congrats on your acceptance to Fordham. Good luck to you too!

10 hours ago, 12sliders said:

UGH I saw that too! I have not heard a peep from them yet. I am guessing it will take longer now.

Exactly!

Waiting on UT Austin for MSSW 3.5 year program.  Anybody here heard anything on that program?  I'm a very non-trad student (20 year career in technology, and a BA in English).  I have LORs, but none of them are academic...  I think they are pretty good though. 

I saw a couple acceptances already (not sure if they are in the 3.5 year program... I don't think so).  In previous years acceptances have stretched out to end of March.  I guess this is my opportunity to practice patience.  :-) 

Edited by nickf

Accepted to both the U of MN and the St.Katherine/St. Thomas joint program. Waiting to hear from Augsburg College but thrilled about the news already received.

Good luck to everyone still waiting!

Anyone ever had any luck asking BC for an extension? I have to give them my decision by Friday and I was planning to decline, but they increased my scholarship. Loyola won't get back to me about scholarships til after March 1st so I'm not sure how to handle this, or even who to ask about an extension. 

On 2/21/2017 at 6:15 PM, Branwynn1967 said:

Over the MOON. Got my acceptance to VCU today. This was my first choice school and I am seriously overjoyed.

Whew!

Congrats!!! I applied to VCU as well, but haven't heard back yet. It looks like a really good program. Did you apply for the 2-year program?

On 2/22/2017 at 9:43 AM, HaleyWantstobeaTherapist said:

Anyone ever had any luck asking BC for an extension? I have to give them my decision by Friday and I was planning to decline, but they increased my scholarship. Loyola won't get back to me about scholarships til after March 1st so I'm not sure how to handle this, or even who to ask about an extension. 

I emailed asking for an extension, my deadline will be the 28th. Here was the response I received.

"Congrats again. You do have 3 weeks from the date you received your letter to send in your response.  I can only allow an extension once that three weeks has ended. Please check back with us as this date approaches. "

12 hours ago, Mhinsh said:

I emailed asking for an extension, my deadline will be the 28th. Here was the response I received.

"Congrats again. You do have 3 weeks from the date you received your letter to send in your response.  I can only allow an extension once that three weeks has ended. Please check back with us as this date approaches. "

I actually just went ahead and put down the deposit. Thank you so much for the response though!

On 2/25/2017 at 0:22 AM, Mhinsh said:

Who did you email about getting an extension? I'm about 70% sure I'm going to Boston, but would like to wait for some financial aid info from UConn before I commit.

On 2/21/2017 at 7:55 PM, Lwebster60 said:

Am I the only one who hasn't heard from NYU yet? I applied in Jan and I didn't ask for financial aid. I'm really freaking out. 

I just got my acceptance letter this evening! I was also freaking out and saw on their website that they were sending out letters by April 1, so I thought I'd have to wait that long! Hope you hear back soon if you haven't already. 

On 2/23/2017 at 10:45 AM, Alina38 said:

Congrats!!! I applied to VCU as well, but haven't heard back yet. It looks like a really good program. Did you apply for the 2-year program?

Thanks! Yes, but it's the new online 2-year cohort. I am really excited. Good luck to you and don't worry about not hearing yet. I asked for information early because I had to decide if I should accept GMU's offer. VCU was kind enough to let me know. 

Sending you good luck!

Nina

On 2/27/2017 at 10:21 PM, Racket said:

I just got my acceptance letter this evening! I was also freaking out and saw on their website that they were sending out letters by April 1, so I thought I'd have to wait that long! Hope you hear back soon if you haven't already. 

Just got my acceptance letter!