Fall 2017 Applicants

fbuggey93

57 minutes ago, 12sliders said:

I just got an email that Stony Brook extended their deadline so I submitted my application a few minutes ago.

Congrats on being accepted!! How long did it take to hear back from them?

Thank you! I submitted my app I believe Jan. 11th. The last recommender submitted her letter on February 24th. I received my acceptance March 3rd! So from the last recommendation to the notification it took a week. 

29 minutes ago, Adelaide9216 said:

I was accepted to all the universities I've applied to! Will be attending McGill.

Congrats!

1 hour ago, Mrfluffo said:

Anyone heard from VCU yet?

No, still waiting. ):  Do they send out actual mail or do you think it will be through e-mail?  I almost went to get my masters about 3 years ago and all my acceptance stuff was through the post mail, but I wasn't applying to VCU during that time. 

22 minutes ago, LWil said:

No, still waiting. ):  Do they send out actual mail or do you think it will be through e-mail?  I almost went to get my masters about 3 years ago and all my acceptance stuff was through the post mail, but I wasn't applying to VCU during that time. 

Everyone has told me email first (from the School of Social Work) and then mail from the Graduate School office. Which program did you apply to?

1 hour ago, Mrfluffo said:

Everyone has told me email first (from the School of Social Work) and then mail from the Graduate School office. Which program did you apply to?

I applied to the ASP, and if not that then consideration for the regular standing.  What about you?

Has anyone had experience backing out of a program after accepting their admission offer?

I accepted Boston College's offer through mail a few days ago and paid the deposit since they only gave us three weeks to reply. Just got an email from University of Michigan about my special program (I was an alternate before) and ended up receiving a position. I haven't completely decided I want to go to Michigan instead of Boston, but hypothetically, what would the process be for backing out of Boston? Just calling or is it more difficult than that? I know I won't get my admission deposit back... 

Ugh, I hate making decisions..

20 hours ago, hanndema said:

Has anyone had experience backing out of a program after accepting their admission offer?

I accepted Boston College's offer through mail a few days ago and paid the deposit since they only gave us three weeks to reply. Just got an email from University of Michigan about my special program (I was an alternate before) and ended up receiving a position. I haven't completely decided I want to go to Michigan instead of Boston, but hypothetically, what would the process be for backing out of Boston? Just calling or is it more difficult than that? I know I won't get my admission deposit back... 

Ugh, I hate making decisions..

I too have the same question!

On 3/7/2017 at 4:58 PM, msakaezoua said:

I've applied to University of Pennsylvania, Boston University, University of Pittsburgh, and Marywood University. I have already been accpeted to UPenn's program which was my first choice! I heard back after my interview very quickly. I was given a pretty generous offer but I need to wait on the other three before I make any decisions. Anyone apply to BU or Pitt and has heard anything back?

I submitted my application to Pitt December 30th and received my acceptance end of January.  A link will appear on the bottom of the application dashboard saying something like "a decision has been made..." 

I think I just got accepted into VCU?!  

"I am pleased to inform you that you have been recommended for admission to the Virginia Commonwealth University Master of Social Work Program. You should receive an official admission notification letter from the VCU Office of Admissions via the United States Postal Service soon."

How do they make it seem like you still haven't gotten it when you have?!

And then the dean signed it saying he looks forward to meeting our cohort in the fall, but I applied for the ASP (which will begin in May), so I am just a nervous wreck and e-mailed them to make sure of everything!

AH!

12 minutes ago, LWil said:

"I am pleased to inform you that you have been recommended for admission to the Virginia Commonwealth University Master of Social Work Program. You should receive an official admission notification letter from the VCU Office of Admissions via the United States Postal Service soon."

And then the dean signed it saying he looks forward to meeting our cohort in the fall, but I applied for the ASP (which will begin in May), so I am just a nervous wreck and e-mailed them to make sure of everything!

AH!

Congrats!!

3 hours ago, LWil said:

AH!

OMG!!! I think this means you're in! Congrats!!!

3 hours ago, LWil said:

AH!

I just got the same email earlier today!!! I was under the same impression but I think it means we're in! So excited to finally hear back, definitely going even though I haven't heard from USC yet.  This was my number one choice!

8 minutes ago, petercolgate said:

I just got the same email earlier today!!! I was under the same impression but I think it means we're in! So excited to finally hear back, definitely going even though I haven't heard from USC yet.  This was my number one choice!

Did you apply ASP? Congratulations!