Fall 2017 Applicants

fbuggey93

Just received my acceptance to the Social Work/Women's Studies and Gender Studies program at Loyola University Chicago! 

I'm waiting to hear about funding, but it looks like that won't happen until the March 1 priority deadline has passed. In the meantime, I'm going to apply for external scholarships and fellowships.

So far I applied to Wayne state university "accepted", university of Pittsburgh "accepted", university of Pennsylvania "rejected". The rest are university of Michigan, toledo, Chicago, and case western reserve. Haven't heard anything about funding for the first two but I do get instate tutition for being in the military so that should have out a bit. I'm going try and do rotc which should take care of part of my tuition or room and board. 

On 12/9/2016 at 6:36 PM, Shrivi27 said:

Applied to online BU, Rutgers, Simmons and campus Portland State university(home town so instate tuition). Got admit from Simmons. Waiting for the rest of the schools to share their admit decisions ...anxious. Hoping for BU or RUTGERS

Accepted already?!!? Dang!!! Congrats! How soon after your app was considered complete at Simmons did they send your decision? Some of my transcripts got lost (have literally no idea how since they were all coming from schools in the same state but such is life) and my app was only marked complete a few days ago. 

I applied to BC's MSW/PhD, Simmons, and Bridgewater State. 

On 12/16/2016 at 7:35 PM, academicbirb said:

Accepted already?!!? Dang!!! Congrats! How soon after your app was considered complete at Simmons did they send your decision? Some of my transcripts got lost (have literally no idea how since they were all coming from schools in the same state but such is life) and my app was only marked complete a few days ago. 

I applied to BC's MSW/PhD, Simmons, and Bridgewater State. 

I received my admission letter exactly 4 weeks after my application was complete for simmons.

I applied to NYU, Michigan, Denver, Loyola Chicago, Fordham, and Hunter.

Already got my acceptances to NYU, Michigan, and Loyola, and was contacted about scheduling an interview for Hunter. I have in-state tuition for Michigan so I'd probably be crazy not to go there. :) 

Good luck everyone!

Edited by KruMaew
added details

5 hours ago, KruMaew said:

I applied to NYU, Michigan, Denver, Loyola Chicago, Fordham, and Hunter.

Already got my acceptances to NYU, Michigan, and Loyola, and was contacted about scheduling an interview for Hunter. I have in-state tuition for Michigan so I'd probably be crazy not to go there. :) 

Good luck everyone!

How long did it take you to hear back from NYU? How early did you apply? I am working on my NYU essay and hopefully will submit it first week of January.

15 hours ago, YogaGal said:

How long did it take you to hear back from NYU? How early did you apply? I am working on my NYU essay and hopefully will submit it first week of January.

I submitted my application in late October and heard back about two weeks later. I must have been one of the first submitted applications, because it was so quick! 

On 12/9/2016 at 6:36 PM, Shrivi27 said:

Applied to online BU, Rutgers, Simmons and campus Portland State university(home town so instate tuition). Got admit from Simmons. Waiting for the rest of the schools to share their admit decisions ...anxious. Hoping for BU or RUTGERS

How did funding work for SImmons? I got an email that they received my FAFSA, but they requested another form. They included the link in the email, but it didn't work. Are you familiar with this form?

BC has a similar form that it requests, but the only one currently online was for the 2016-2017 year... I figure I'll just keep checking back. 

On 12/7/2016 at 3:17 PM, green_dots21 said:

Just received my acceptance to the Social Work/Women's Studies and Gender Studies program at Loyola University Chicago! 

I'm waiting to hear about funding, but it looks like that won't happen until the March 1 priority deadline has passed. In the meantime, I'm going to apply for external scholarships and fellowships.

Have you found any good external schlarships or fellowships? I've been having so much trouble finding any!

2 hours ago, HaleyWantstobeaTherapist said:

How did funding work for SImmons? I got an email that they received my FAFSA, but they requested another form. They included the link in the email, but it didn't work. Are you familiar with this form?

BC has a similar form that it requests, but the only one currently online was for the 2016-2017 year... I figure I'll just keep checking back. 

I have submitted my FAFSA too for all my school apps including Simmons...no other external scholarships luck on my end...Simmons didnt seem to need anything other than my original FAFSA - just that I need to finish the entrance counseling and Master promissory note for getting the federal loans and the fact that the federal loans alone will be sufficient to cover the tuition costs and that I do not have to take out additional private loans. 

22 hours ago, HaleyWantstobeaTherapist said:

Have you found any good external schlarships or fellowships? I've been having so much trouble finding any!

There's the Davis-Putter Fund and Point Foundation if you are LGBTQ-identified. Other than that, I can only find scholarships for continuing students :(

6 hours ago, green_dots21 said:

Just received my acceptance to University of Michigan for the 20-month program. My application was submitted on November 30. What a fast response! 

Congrats!! I applied to the 20-month program at Michigan on November 28. I'll be checking my email ferociously now!

On 11/30/2016 at 2:03 PM, green_dots21 said:

Anyone else applying to University of Southern California and concerned about the price? 

Hi there! I applied to USC in October. I am hoping to receive some scholarships because the admissions counselor told me over the phone that the sooner you apply the more chances you have of receiving them. However, I am still worried since this is the only school i applied to :/

I am working on my essays and having massive anxiety about I am going to afford these schools? How am I going to afford tuition and living cost with that much commitment from schools? Anyone else in this boat?

10 hours ago, TAN_491 said:

Hi there! I applied to USC in October. I am hoping to receive some scholarships because the admissions counselor told me over the phone that the sooner you apply the more chances you have of receiving them. However, I am still worried since this is the only school i applied to :/

I decided against applying because it's just too expensive for me when I factor in relocating. Good luck!

On 12/28/2016 at 6:54 PM, adorablepancreas said:

Did you get an email regarding your decision? Or how did they notify you? I still haven't heard, though I assume they're probably closed for winter break right now...

I received an email with an admissions offer attached.