DAAD 2017-2018

maelia8

Thank you! Congratulations as well, and let's see when those official letters come. Fingers crossed that tomorrow being the first working day of April might be our lucky day!

1 hour ago, bitu said:

The local DAAD office sent me an e-mail notifying me I was selected for the grad scholarship. On the portal it still says selection made.

I am from Europe.

Congratulations! The status of my application has not been even changed yet, it still says "application made". It's getting so annoying :(

Guys,

those who's status is "selection made", is the status line green or blue? I remember back in 2014, when my application was accepted, the status line, saying "selection made", was green. Today the status switched from "Application submitted" to "Selection made", but it is still blue. Thanks in advance :)

I just got my letter too! Received an email about an hour ago that there were documents waiting for me in the portal, and it was the letter of award plus supplementary scholarship information. :)

just got a notification message in the portal says that my application was rejected, it says also that they had to decide between 22 applicants and 6 scholarships were available. good luck for you all.

Edited by mom5298

Congratulations!  I visited Tübingen for the first time last December, a really cute college town.  Have you been before?

To those who asked, @zadigblue's experience was exactly mine as well.  I applied for a long-term research grant.

Fingers crossed for those still waiting!

Pup, thanks!

No, I actually haven't been to Germany before at all, but I've been told that it's a nice place.

Yes, good luck to everyone waiting!

Hi everyone,

Is any one still waiting for the results?? 

My application status didnt change yet.

I read that many here got the acceptance letter.

Does  it mean that the others who did not receive any updates are rejected ??

4 hours ago, Inyass said:

Hi everyone,

Which program have you applied for? My status switched from "Application submitted" to "Selection made" on Monday. Also they finally answered to my e-mail, sayting that they hope to announce the results by the END of April :angry: But I am from Yerevan, Armenia, and have applied for "Research stays for University Academics".

5 hours ago, Inyass said:

Hi everyone,

I think it depends on what program you're applying to and country you're applying from. I applied for a Graduate Study scholarship and I am from the US. My application status changed to "Funding" about a week ago but I still haven't received any email or update on the portal. However, I called the DAAD NY office and they were able to confirm that I have indeed been awarded the scholarship. They upload documents for each person individually, so the process takes awhile and sometimes the status gets changed on the portal but the documents won't be uploaded until later. If you applied for the Graduate study scholarship from the US and you're status hasn't changed yet, I think the likelihood of having been awarded a scholarship is low ;/. But again, it varies by country and scholarship and they even might not have gotten around to updating everyone's status who has been awarded. Best of luck and I hope you hear back soon!  

On 4/4/2017 at 1:57 AM, Antonk said:

Pup, thanks!

No, I actually haven't been to Germany before at all, but I've been told that it's a nice place.

Yes, good luck to everyone waiting!

I lived in Tubingen for 6 months. Let me know if you have questions!

Hello. I'm from India and I applied for Research Grants: Bi-nationally Supervised Doctoral Degrees. I have been told from the DAAD Office at New Delhi that DAAD Head Office started sending emails last week. I haven't received any email yet .Does that mean that I haven't been selected or is it that they don't notify every selected candidate at once and that I still have a chance?

My application status is still "selection made", but today I got an official letter, which states that my application has been successful and up to 18.04 I must confirm that I am actually going to Hamburg. Good luck everyone who has not any news yet :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello everyone 

My status changed on 26/06/2017 from from selection made to funding with link of Submitting declaration of acceptance, but not yet email, will they send me?...

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/30/2017 at 5:55 AM, matendo D said:

Hello everyone 

My status changed on 26/06/2017 from from selection made to funding with link of Submitting declaration of acceptance, but not yet email, will they send me?...

Hey everyone! I've been reading all your posts, and I was wondering if anyone applied to the DAAD One Year Grant? I recently graduated with a BS in the U.S., and I will be doing my MPH in London starting this September. I'm very interested in doing the One Year Grant after my MPH. Is this grant geared more towards PhDs? If you applied for this grant, what was the application experience like? I'm worried I might be at a disadvantage because I will only have a Masters at the start of the grant next year. But, through my undergrad years, I did a ton of research and co-authored several publications in international journals. Any advice will be very helpful!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello! Not sure if anyone is still reading this thread, but for those of you who received a grant for a master's study grant, were you given a "grade" out of 10 points? I applied for the first time this year, but was rejected. In the email they said I missed getting a grant "marginally" but I am wondering if they just say that to everyone.

They said I was evaluated at 8,75/10 points, so for those of you who were accepted, I am wondering how far behind I was, so whether or not it would be worth a shot to apply for funding for my second year. Thanks!

• 1 month later...

I'm looking at applying for the DAAD intensive language grants for this fall, but I'm not clear on the requirements of the language certification. Can anyone help me out on that?

If it matters, I'm a first-year PhD student with minimal but not non-existent German skills. :)