DAAD 2017-2018

maelia8

Hello everyone! I applied for DAAD grant for research stay in Germany for academics but  haven't got any answer yet although the application deadline was May, 1st. The funding starts in December. Has anyone got the result? My status is still "paper copies recieved". 

Hey guys! Intensive winter German course applicant here. Just noticed my status on portal.daad.org changed to "Selection made". Now, I don't want to get my hopes up because I'm setting myself up for a huge disappointment, but from what I've read around the forum the chances I've been accepted are pretty good. Anyone else applied for the Winter course 2018? Has anyone received the "Selection made" status in the past, but wasn't accepted?

On 10/13/2017 at 5:18 AM, guisadop said:

Hey guys! Intensive winter German course applicant here. Just noticed my status on portal.daad.org changed to "Selection made". Now, I don't want to get my hopes up because I'm setting myself up for a huge disappointment, but from what I've read around the forum the chances I've been accepted are pretty good. Anyone else applied for the Winter course 2018? Has anyone received the "Selection made" status in the past, but wasn't accepted?

If you search through forums, you'll actually see that "selection made" means nothing. If it changes to funding, or something similar, then yes, you most likely got it. Everyone eventually gets "selection made" before the decision is put through.

39 minutes ago, Horb said:

If you search through forums, you'll actually see that "selection made" means nothing. If it changes to funding, or something similar, then yes, you most likely got it. Everyone eventually gets "selection made" before the decision is put through.

Hey, Horb! Yeah, I eventually found the posts where people got Selection Made and then were rejected. I had read some 10 posts from people that were accepted and thought that represented all possibilities. I didn't find the button to edit my post either.
Guess I really can't keep my hopes high... Thanks for replying, man!

13 hours ago, guisadop said:

Hey, Horb! Yeah, I eventually found the posts where people got Selection Made and then were rejected. I had read some 10 posts from people that were accepted and thought that represented all possibilities. I didn't find the button to edit my post either.
Guess I really can't keep my hopes high... Thanks for replying, man!

I didn't mean to rain on your parade! It is a common misconception. 

• 4 weeks later...

From what I've seen in a Facebook group, the statuses of some people changed to "Funding" yesterday. However, it seems only people that tried to go last year and weren't selected have had their statuses changed (from a pool of 120+, only 8 had the "Funding" status). Of course, it may very well be that everyone has already been chosen and only those 8 were selected in this specific group, but until next week the hope remains hahaha.

Edited by guisadop

Hello dear community. From my observations, i found out the results for postgraduate programm (Masters for all majors) will be around beginning of march. The question is not realted to the subject. Is there student loan in Germany for non-EU-citizens?

On 11/12/2017 at 5:57 PM, Mahdi "Noor" said:

Hello everyone,

Have anyone applied for the DAAD's 2018-2019? My mate has applied for the DAAD 2018-2019 and is under stress to know asap...

I've applied. Am from India. I got an email from the regional office last week that "all complete applications are being sent to indian and german profs for shortlisting for the interview". Hoping mine was "complete" and gets shortlisted! What's your friend's status? 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 12/15/2017 at 2:32 PM, talgat.tursynbekov said:

I've got letter of rejection from DAAD for Masters Program for All Majors, I attached letter of rejection for someone who is wondering what is the reason.

Result of selection round_0000859070-1.PDF

Can you host the pdf elsewhere, since some users cannot view it here. It says The page you are trying to access is not available for your account.