Welcome to the 2016-17 cycle!

3 hours ago, PSapplicant said:

Except Harvard, what are the other programs known to move after the April 15 deadline? Thanks! 

If you're still waiting on a response from a particular school, I suggest you email the DGS since they know they'll receive inquiries around this time and should update you. Some students get extensions until shortly after April 15 to make a decision, which means that waitlists might move after the deadline (but I doubt it'll take longer than a week). I do know that Yale filled all their seats already and no one got off the waitlist.

3 hours ago, ralphwiththeconch said:

If you're still waiting on a response from a particular school, I suggest you email the DGS since they know they'll receive inquiries around this time and should update you. Some students get extensions until shortly after April 15 to make a decision, which means that waitlists might move after the deadline (but I doubt it'll take longer than a week). I do know that Yale filled all their seats already and no one got off the waitlist.

Yes, I'm asking because I was also notified that Yale filled all their seats and I was hoping that the late movements of some other major universities could modify this unfortunate outcome. But I guess the likeliness of such an event is quite low..  

Edited by PSapplicant

22 minutes ago, PSapplicant said:

Yes, I'm asking because I was also notified that Yale filled all their seats and I was hoping that the late movements of some other major universities could modify this unfortunate outcome. But I guess the likeliness of such an event is quite low..  

I'd think the likelihood is pretty low to nothing, unfortunately. When you start getting into the top few programs, it's a pretty limited number of people who can shift around and choose to go elsewhere....You might have already done this, but you could also write to the professor that you wanted to work with? I did and the professor seemed regretful but pretty final that they have their cohort in place. I'm sorry but I hope things work out for you in the end!

The answer from Georgetown:

"Georgetown is on Easter break now but we'll get back to you after the break with an update (hopefully tomorrow)"

I don't know if the update will be on the decision, or if it will be simply something informing us about the waitlist. 

9 hours ago, ugurcanevci said:

The answer from Georgetown:

"Georgetown is on Easter break now but we'll get back to you after the break with an update (hopefully tomorrow)"

I don't know if the update will be on the decision, or if it will be simply something informing us about the waitlist. 

Thanks for the information. Hopefully, we can hear from Georgetown soon.