Welcome to the 2016-17 cycle!

2 hours ago, tkid86 said:

I'm hoping for Yale next week and closure to Georgetown (only saw to admits, I think?) and UMD. Really expecting all my schools next week except for JHU. 

Why not JHU next week? When do you expect it to be out?

Rejected by NYU. They offered me a MA (1st "positive" news so far in this cycle - I use the quotation marks in the sense that I already have a masters and it seems that no funding would be available for this one). Do you think this imply for them that my application is not competitive enough for a PhD?

So confused with Brown. They sent out bunch of decisions on the 13th (3 acceptances and bunch of rejections from what I can see on the results board) but since then nothing. And then 1 person posted rejection for today (which might have been someone posting about 3 days ago and not changing the date of the decision). 
Really hoping they are not done with acceptances.

6 minutes ago, Mike_Novick said:

Rejected by NYU. They offered me a MA (1st "positive" news so far in this cycle - I use the quotation marks in the sense that I already have a masters and it seems that no funding would be available for this one). Do you think this imply for them that my application is not competitive enough for a PhD?

Not exactly. Probably they offer it for those that almost were accepted. Last year I was rejected by NYU and didn't get this deal from them.

9 minutes ago, Mike_Novick said:

I wouldn't take it to mean that.  The same thing happened to me with NYU and I've been accepted elsewhere.  I think it's more of an issue of them not having enough spots / money for funding / it not being the right fit.

31 minutes ago, The0ry said:

So confused with Brown. They sent out bunch of decisions on the 13th (3 acceptances and bunch of rejections from what I can see on the results board) but since then nothing. And then 1 person posted rejection for today (which might have been someone posting about 3 days ago and not changing the date of the decision). 
Really hoping they are not done with acceptances.

I posted today's Brown rejection. I just got the email today. I hope you get an acceptance. I don't think (hope not) they are finished yet.

Edited by kwaddy

24 minutes ago, ugurcanevci said:

I don't think Stanford is done though. I feel like there would be at least 5-6 more posts on the board. 

Why? It's a small cohort/program. Last year only one gradcafe poster got in.

They have also never done waves from what I see.

It's probably done and rejection letters should be coming out soon.

Rejection from NYU PhD, but "rejection" email began: 

"On behalf of Interim Dean Anna Harvey and the Graduate School of Arts and Science, I am very pleased to tell you that you have been admitted to the Master of Arts program in Politics. You may register for the fall, 2017, semester."

1443134971putin.jpg

8 minutes ago, Comparativist said:

Why? It's a small cohort/program. Last year only one gradcafe poster got in.

They have also never done waves from what I see.

It's probably done and rejection letters should be coming out soon.

It's just a feeling that I have that different faculty members may send admissions at different time as it wasn't the DGS sending admission emails so far. I may very well be wrong of course. 

5 minutes ago, ugurcanevci said:

It's just a feeling that I have that different faculty members may send admissions at different time as it wasn't the DGS sending admission emails so far. I may very well be wrong of course. 

They do it like that every year.