Jump to content

Welcome to the 2016-17 cycle!


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Claiming an official admission offer from UC Irvine! Oh it's a relief!

If we consider Berkeley and Princeton as rejects, I am three rejections and await on 6 more humbly (and why not count princeton and berkeley? In Russia, if something goes away and you don't hear more,

Today I decided for OSU. I hope this means somebody can get good news from the other programs that accepted me. Still have to hear definitively from Notre Dame, but to assume rejection at this po

Posted Images

14 hours ago, territhemayor said:

Anyone have a clue about when the u Chicago committee on social thought sends acceptances? 

 

Congrats to all, by the way! :) 

I'm also waiting on social thought. Based solely on past years, it looks like they come the week or so after other departments, so maybe late next week or early the week after. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WorldPeaceMaker2010 said:

SO was that a no on anyone hearing from Northeastern at all?

I also applied to Northeastern! The graduate school once asked me to upload the late recommendation letter before 25 Jan. So I guess that the department started the review process around that time. Still waiting...

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, suisui said:

I also applied to Northeastern! The graduate school once asked me to upload the late recommendation letter before 25 Jan. So I guess that the department started the review process around that time. Still waiting...

In Poli Sci? I'm starting to think we probably applied to the same programs mostly lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, WorldPeaceMaker2010 said:

In Poli Sci? I'm starting to think we probably applied to the same programs mostly lol

ahhh, I applied to sociology. What else programs have you applied? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/3/2017 at 9:55 AM, suisui said:

ahhh, I applied to sociology. What else programs have you applied? 

This is my only Poli Sci one, the rest are public policy or sociology. 

 

I'm waiting on Northeastern, Yale, Brandeis, Brown, BU, BC, Umass Amherst, U at Albany, CUNY still  and debating about putting a Umass Boston one in this weekend. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/3/2017 at 9:57 AM, WorldPeaceMaker2010 said:

This is my only Poli Sci one, the rest are public policy or sociology. 

 

I'm waiting on Northeastern, Brandeis, Brown, BU, BC, Umass Amherst, U at Albany, CUNY still  and debating about putting a Umass Boston one in this weekend. 

 

I am also waiting on Brandeis (I applied to both sociology and social policy program), Umass Amherst. Umass Boston, you mean their master program or PhD program? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, jge said:

Just got an e-mail for phone interview with Vanderbilt, just in case people were waiting on info for that!

I am. I hope they are not finished with that, since not being interviewed probably means rejection.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, VMcJ said:

I am. I hope they are not finished with that, since not being interviewed probably means rejection.

Yeah I get you, but keep your head up! Don't be too concerned as of now, since they're contacting people all the way up to the 20th. I'm assuming they do this pretty slowly to give each person they're interviewing the option to choose the time of their phone call.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jge said:

Yeah I get you, but keep your head up! Don't be too concerned as of now, since they're contacting people all the way up to the 20th. I'm assuming they do this pretty slowly to give each person they're interviewing the option to choose the time of their phone call.

Yeah, I get that. And there's the fact that I am international, so an interview would probably be on Skype rather than a phone call.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to correct something I said above: not getting interviewed does not mean rejection at Vanderbilt. There is at least one case of admission without interview from 2016 in the results page, and the email they sent everyone a couple of weeks ago does not state that every potential admitted student will be interviewed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, VMcJ said:

Just to correct something I said above: not getting interviewed does not mean rejection at Vanderbilt. There is at least one case of admission without interview from 2016 in the results page, and the email they sent everyone a couple of weeks ago does not state that every potential admitted student will be interviewed.

Yeah, that's the impression I got, as well. No email about an interview on my end. Dang, y'all, this is getting somber!!!

Edited by RevTheory1126
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just had a very productive conversation with a faculty member from UC Irvine. It was mostly on my interests, and potential faculty members to work with. They stated that they are very favorable with my admission, and the final decisions will be made in 2 or 3 weeks. Campus visit on March 3. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.