Welcome to the 2016-17 cycle!

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Claiming an official admission offer from UC Irvine! Oh it's a relief!

If we consider Berkeley and Princeton as rejects, I am three rejections and await on 6 more humbly (and why not count princeton and berkeley? In Russia, if something goes away and you don't hear more,

Today I decided for OSU. I hope this means somebody can get good news from the other programs that accepted me. Still have to hear definitively from Notre Dame, but to assume rejection at this po

Posted Images

Columbia is sending e-mails to check online status. 

EDIT: also American as well as the above poster. So may be American?

Edited by jej3
2 minutes ago, Monody said:

Honestly, what does one do in such a situation? I feel really dumbfounded and much too excited to write a coherent letter.

Take your time. Drink some water, wait a little, write a paragraph, then wait a little more. It's not that urgent. Congratulations!

19 minutes ago, kwaddy said:

Claiming the Syracuse acceptance, my first acceptance this cycle. I am very happy (and relieved).

Did your portal update? I wasn't expecting Syracuse anytime soon and I am not prepared. (No e-mail yet.)

4 minutes ago, tkid86 said:

Did your portal update? I wasn't expecting Syracuse anytime soon and I am not prepared. (No e-mail yet.)

No portal update (I didn't even know that Syracuse had a portal). I got an email from DGS that said I was accepted and that funding information would follow shortly. 

5 minutes ago, kwaddy said:

No portal update (I didn't even know that Syracuse had a portal). I got an email from DGS that said I was accepted and that funding information would follow shortly. 

There's like a myslice.syr.edu thing? (I actually just discovered this through my e-mail and set it up.) I guess I will just have to wait and hope to get a DGS e-mail...

But congratulations to you! 

9 minutes ago, tkid86 said:

There's like a myslice.syr.edu thing? (I actually just discovered this through my e-mail and set it up.) I guess I will just have to wait and hope to get a DGS e-mail...

But congratulations to you! 

Thank you. By the way, the email was in my Spam folder. Don't forget to check your spam/junk folder.

10 minutes ago, philpot said:

And for the people who are still seeing "no notification," right above that there's a new button that says "view decision." 

On the Duke applicants site? Nothing like that on mine yet.

2 minutes ago, VMcJ said:

On the Duke applicants site? Nothing like that on mine yet.

It showed up for me after I received an email to check my portal for a decision. No rejection letter yet might mean waitlist for you? Who knows xD 

3 minutes ago, philpot said:

It showed up for me after I received an email to check my portal for a decision. No rejection letter yet might mean waitlist for you? Who knows xD 

No email, no change on the site. Nothing about waitlist as well. A Schrödinger Application! Let's wait and see.