Welcome to the 2016-17 cycle!

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Claiming an official admission offer from UC Irvine! Oh it's a relief!

If we consider Berkeley and Princeton as rejects, I am three rejections and await on 6 more humbly (and why not count princeton and berkeley? In Russia, if something goes away and you don't hear more,

Today I decided for OSU. I hope this means somebody can get good news from the other programs that accepted me. Still have to hear definitively from Notre Dame, but to assume rejection at this po

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, HermioneWannabe said:

I feel like this week has been a lot quieter than expected. Any thoughts about who we may hear from over the next two days?

I am waiting for MIchigan, maybe Vanderbilt and Penn and perhaps get some closure on Rochester, UNC and now Maryland. I don't expect Notre Dame this week.

2 minutes ago, VMcJ said:

I am waiting for MIchigan, maybe Vanderbilt and Penn and perhaps get some closure on Rochester, UNC and now Maryland. I don't expect Notre Dame this week.

Just now, Monody said:

Maybe MIT (and hopefully the theoretical rest of Stanford).

Yeah I'm hoping for closure on Stanford and Rochester.  I'd love to hear from Michigan / MIT. Then hopefully Yale / Harvard / Cornell over the next two weeks. Then I'll be done.

5 minutes ago, VMcJ said:

I'm really really hoping ND sends out results this week. I'm sick of waiting. 

Just now, Monody said:

Ive to say even if hypothetically would get into Stanford still, I would struggle deciding between it and Columbia.

I'd pick Columbia, hands down - but more based on location / proximity to my family.  That may not be the best way to decide on programs, but I want to be within a reasonable distance of all the people I care about.

32 minutes ago, HopeNeverDies said:

Hey Comparativist, Why are you so sure that Northwestern is definitely done? I am still waiting an answer from them.

A couple of people here have commented that they already had their admitted student visit (or is very soon, can't remember exactly when it is/was). I doubt they would do that without sending out all their acceptances. 

6 minutes ago, Comparativist said:

A couple of people here have commented that they already had their admitted student visit (or is very soon, can't remember exactly when it is/was). I doubt they would do that without sending out all their acceptances. 

Yes, I guess it makes sense. That's sad, why they haven't rejected everyone else then? It's just mean.

10 minutes ago, HopeNeverDies said:

Yes, I guess it makes sense. That's sad, why they haven't rejected everyone else then? It's just mean.

Last year they took a while to send rejections as well. Been there.