East Asian Languages and Culture/Literature 2017

SophieX

Hi, all! Checking in:) I applied to a few MA programs in Asian studies and just heard back from my first school-- Georgetown's MASIA program with the Dean’s Leadership Fellowship. It's looking like an incredible offer! Still waiting to hear back from Stanford, Yale, Harvard, and Columbia. 

Welcome baibai! What track are you pursuing in Asian Studies? Also, still no word from Yale? I'm waiting for them too; I hope they come out with decisions this week! 

Edited by melitree12

Has anyone heard back from Columbia? I saw that there have been a couple of acceptances on the results page, but when I called the EALAC office last week, they said they wouldn't send out all notifications for another week or so. I'm assuming that PhD is unlikely at this point since it's so late, but I put MA as my second choice in my application (both for Korean literature).

8 hours ago, lexiophile said:

Has anyone heard back from Columbia? I saw that there have been a couple of acceptances on the results page, but when I called the EALAC office last week, they said they wouldn't send out all notifications for another week or so. I'm assuming that PhD is unlikely at this point since it's so late, but I put MA as my second choice in my application (both for Korean literature).

Just got the email yesterday. Rejected as expected. Good luck! (applied to Japanese literature)

• 5 weeks later...