SSHRC Doctoral Fellowship/CGS Doctoral Scholarship 2017/2018

SadieLou

Waitlisted. Score 11.1 , Committee 5 B. All set to apply again next year.  Congrats to all winners and goodluck to ones still waiting.

Finally opened the letter. Waitlisted with a score of 12.1 -- this is the first time I've been waitlisted. Perhaps we should set up a waitlist topic/thread?

By the way, how do I know which committee, and is this ultimately relevant? Any idea how many have been waitlisted, and what the waitlist range is?

16 minutes ago, turkergirl said:

Finally opened the letter. Waitlisted with a score of 12.1 -- this is the first time I've been waitlisted. Perhaps we should set up a waitlist topic/thread?

By the way, how do I know which committee, and is this ultimately relevant? Any idea how many have been waitlisted, and what the waitlist range is?

You can email them at (fellowships@sshrc-crsh.gc.ca) and ask about your rank and your spot on the waitlist. I've done this in the past - just takes a few days to hear a response. 12.1 is pretty high (I was waitlisting in the past with about the same score.) Wishing you much luck!

Edited by reelgrrl

5 hours ago, CrunchCrunch said:

Mail came! I got a doctoral fellowship, score 13.4/20.

the wait is over. Thank goodness.

thanks for the great company everyone, best of luck to those that are still waiting and congrats to those who were successful.  For those who were not, I will reiterate it's a crapshoot.  This was my 3rd year applying.  

Congrats on the award and your persistence, that's exactly the scenario I'm looking for. 

10 minutes ago, lhommependu said:

No letter in Vancouver today but I got a "how to activate your award" email from the university so it's feeling a little more real :)

yay! just out of curiosity, what do you have to do ? just email them?

2 minutes ago, spicytunaroll said:

yay! just out of curiosity, what do you have to do ? just email them?

Submit some forms that they link, send a copy of the letter from SSHRC, and send a copy of the email you send to SSHRC accepting the award. 

1 hour ago, reelgrrl said:

You can email them at (fellowships@sshrc-crsh.gc.ca) and ask about your rank and your spot on the waitlist. I've done this in the past - just takes a few days to hear a response. 12.1 is pretty high (I was waitlisting in the past with about the same score.) Wishing you much luck!

Just sent an email to the above address at SSHRC. They say it might take 4 days to hear back from them, as they are so busy this time of year. 

37 minutes ago, lhommependu said:

Submit some forms that they link, send a copy of the letter from SSHRC, and send a copy of the email you send to SSHRC accepting the award. 

Great. My paper eating cat has just chewed a massive hole in the letter from the SSHRC!!   :blink:

34 minutes ago, lhommependu said:

hate when the cat eats 100,000 dollars

No kidding. Fortunately, he confined himself to the bottom corner.