SSHRC Doctoral Fellowship/CGS Doctoral Scholarship 2017/2018

SadieLou

7 minutes ago, lhommependu said:

For those that have sent an acceptance email to SSHRC, how long was it before you received notification of receipt?

Sent the acceptance email at about 4pm PST last Thursday. SSHRC sent me confirmation of receipt at about 4am (PST) the next day. It was faster than I expected.

Edited by violabec

5 hours ago, yellowsweatygorilla said:

For those still waiting:

SSHRC just sent me this:

"We ask that applicants wait two weeks from the mail-out date for results before contacting SSHRC about receiving their results in an alternate format, to allow for any potential delays. If, by either this coming Friday or next Monday, you have not received your results package, you can request to receive your results electronically. To do so, please contact fellowships@sshrc-crsh.gc.ca."

Ugh so there's a possibility of one more weekend of no news. How terrible is this system...

4 hours ago, spicytunaroll said:

Finally got the letter! 16.6/20. Committee 3, got a CGS, but will decline for a fellowship since I am in Cali.

Oh my god what a journey. Thank you folks for keeping me insane throughout the process. xx

CONGRATS!!!

Edit: Sigh got my letter. Bad news for me... I'm joining the "preparing for next year" club! Congrats to all who got it this year.

Edited by 1Q84

3 hours ago, lhommependu said:

For those that have sent an acceptance email to SSHRC, how long was it before you received notification of receipt?

Are we allowed to send the request for instalment form via email?

On 2017-05-06 at 0:22 PM, SadieLou said:

It arrived! No SSHRC this year. But I'm working on ramping up my CV for next year. :)

Sorry to hear it. I applied 5 times before even making it to the wait list. Good luck with your application for next year!

6 hours ago, yellowsweatygorilla said:

I am really starting to think it's been lost in the mail. Still nothing in Toronto.

That's crazy!  Maybe think about asking SSHRC to re-send? Are other Toronto-based applicants in the same boat? I'm in Vancouver and received my letter last Wednesday.... Good luck. 

Currently off doing fieldwork so I had to wait a bit to have my partner pick up my letter and read it to me. 16.8, with a cgs offer! For anyone doubting how much of a crapshoot this can be, last year I was rejected with an 11.2, and my application didn't change as much as you'd think it would have to (having completed a year, I had a strong letter from my advisor, I had a book review published, an extra conference presentation, and submitted my first co-authored manuscript). Good luck to those reapplying!! 

Sorry if I missed them scanning through the posts, but anyone here submitted to committee 3? I was waitlisted at 12.1 and awaiting an email from SSHRC regarding my position/rank. Cheers!

6 hours ago, turkergirl said:

That's crazy!  Maybe think about asking SSHRC to re-send? Are other Toronto-based applicants in the same boat? I'm in Vancouver and received my letter last Wednesday.... Good luck. 

Already did. They won't do it .. yet. I at least confirmed they have the right address, but they said I have to wait until next Monday before I can ask them to give me the result in some other manner. 

12 hours ago, Schopenhauerfanboy said:

I'm "downgrading" my CGS for a SSHRC Doctoral Fellowship. Got admitted into Syracuse for the Fall. 
Hope this helps someone on the waitlist for a CGS, if that's how it works.

I wonder how it works... For those out of country who win the cgs (congrats!) but have to downgrade, does that mean that they bump the fellowships up? If so, I think it's probably harder to move up if waitlisted. Because, who's going to decline an award altogether? (Obviously it happens, but I wouldn't think too often...)

4 hours ago, yellowsweatygorilla said:

Already did. They won't do it .. yet. I at least confirmed they have the right address, but they said I have to wait until next Monday before I can ask them to give me the result in some other manner. 

Hope you're not going too crazy. The reference letter that my supervisor sent to me for my package never arrived in the mail, so he had to send it straight to SSHRC. Mail loss is REAL! Good luck. 

7 hours ago, yellowsweatygorilla said:

If the letter doesn't come by Monday, they will give you the results via email. This has happened to me before. They sent me a locked document and the password in a separate email.

1 minute ago, rugox said:

If the letter doesn't come by Monday, they will give you the results via email. This has happened to me before. They sent me a locked document and the password in a separate email.

Wish they took into account region. It should ot take two weeks for it to arrive in Toronto :/

I got my letter on Friday. My rank was 15.7 and I'm offered SSHRC doctoral. According to comments of those who got CGS, it seems my rank was good enough to get CGS (I saw a cooment in this forum that someone with rank 15.5  got CGS), but I was not in year 1 or 2 of my phd, so I was offered doctoral SSHRC. I'm happy though.

BTW., my last year rank was 11.2 and I was waitlisted,

Best of luck to all of you.

Edited by SSHRC 2017

On 5/8/2017 at 6:51 PM, rugox said:

Are we allowed to send the request for instalment form via email?

I asked about this in my acceptance e-mail--I'll let you know when I hear back from them!

On 2017-5-8 at 7:49 PM, yellowsweatygorilla said:

I am really starting to think it's been lost in the mail. Still nothing in Toronto.

I think in a previous post you mentioned that you're at York? You can call FGS and they'll tell you. That's how I found out my results.

13 hours ago, ToopysRevenge said:

I think in a previous post you mentioned that you're at York? You can call FGS and they'll tell you. That's how I found out my results.

I actually called them last week and found out I am waitlisted :/ I am anxious to know where I rank and crossing my fingers that they got things mixed up lol.