SSHRC Doctoral Fellowship/CGS Doctoral Scholarship 2017/2018

SadieLou

36 minutes ago, spicytunaroll said:

i thought they said it was gonna be tomorrow, so why are you expecting something today? just curious.

I was hopeful we might get our letters today or tomorrow because someone posted this :

Last year SSHRC tweeted on Tues April 26th that letters had been mailed out. My friend in Ottawa got hers Mon April 25th (day before tweet). My friend and I who are located in Southern Ontario got ours on April 26th. 

If we weren't all poor doctoral students, I'd suggest we put a wager on when we'll receive our results. I'm on the West Coast -- my bet is that I'll know by no earlier than Tuesday of next week ... If I'm wrong, offering a pint to anyone in my vicinity. 

15 minutes ago, 1Q84 said:

This really makes no sense to me. How can the results announcements be so uneven?

Universities get the results before we do. Some universities will contact their students, some will just stick to the snail mail roll out of the results from SSHRC. If you really can't wait, I'd contact the awards officer for your department/graduate school to find out. I'm in the States so I have to buckle down for the letters, but I'd ask if I was in a Canadian institution.

The funny thing is nobody on here has posted that they found out from their University yet...

Edited by rugox

4 hours ago, rugox said:

Universities get the results before we do. Some universities will contact their students, some will just stick to the snail mail roll out of the results from SSHRC. If you really can't wait, I'd contact the awards officer for your department/graduate school to find out. I'm in the States so I have to buckle down for the letters, but I'd ask if I was in a Canadian institution.

The funny thing is nobody on here has posted that they found out from their University yet...

That's what I mean... I feel like they should at least have a systematic, coordinated notification system in Canada of all places rather than notifying departments first and then allowing them to decide whether to inform students or not, while also mailing out paper copies. Why sow so much confusion?

I'm on the US too (West coast) so now that they've announced the mailing, I'm thinking it'll be late next week.

Edited by 1Q84

Western emailed me to let me know that SSHRC notified them with the results. I've been waitlisted. Better than being rejected, and at least I was awarded OGS earlier today, so I'm happy either way!! Good luck everyone!