PhD Applicants Fall 2017

aj_h

2 hours ago, KAR30 said:

I spoke with someone in the department a few months ago and she said that sometimes they will conduct interviews. So, I was curious to know if anyone had been contacted.

I see - do you know if "no interview" essentially means you haven't moved forward, or if the interview is more for clarification or whittling down the list? I really couldn't find a lot about HSPH and I know things may be different since the format has recently changed.

I was asked for Skype interviews for Harvard's PhD Population Health Sciences (Social and Behavioral Sciences track). I also was asked to interview at Brown Epidemiology PhD (requested Wednesday) and Hopkins health Policy and Management PhD ( requested last week).

Waiting to hear back from a couple more - good luck everyone!

I haven't heard anything from UW or UNC epi either - which is making me anxious considering we were supposed to hear about UW this week!  Has anyone heard from Harvard Population Health Sciences (Global Health and Population) or Harvard Health Policy and Management (Decision Science)?  

10 hours ago, JSnow said:

I see - do you know if "no interview" essentially means you haven't moved forward, or if the interview is more for clarification or whittling down the list? I really couldn't find a lot about HSPH and I know things may be different since the format has recently changed.

I'm unsure. I saw that someone was accepted last year who didn't interview. So maybe it's on a case by case basis. 

7 hours ago, neuroticnancy said:

I was asked for Skype interviews for Harvard's PhD Population Health Sciences (Social and Behavioral Sciences track). I also was asked to interview at Brown Epidemiology PhD (requested Wednesday) and Hopkins health Policy and Management PhD ( requested last week).

Congrats! Were you contaced by a faculty member at Harvard? 

... does anyone else find it difficult to remember what exactly the track you applied to was called for each different school? I should have chosen something like Epi, but instead my programs could be HPM OR Health Sciences OR Behavioral Health OR ... you get the picture.

On 1/16/2017 at 10:03 AM, joshre01 said:

Anybody wants to claim the Drexel University interview? I am curious as to when you applied, since they told me (applied 12/15) that apps won't even be looked at until this week! And what are your interests?

I applied around 12/10 and was invited to their Doctoral student day in early Feb.  I'm interested in infectious disease epi.

11 hours ago, neuroticnancy said:

Hi everyone. I was also asked for interviews for the PHS program at Harvard (SBS also). I thought there weren't any, so this is surprising. Super nervous.

Best wishes!

18 hours ago, EpiPhDGal said:

So painful! I applied about a week before that deadline.

I know.. I was told that they hope to make all decisions by early March, but I assume that's what they tell everybody regardless of when they actually make individual decisions. I hope anyway! What's your focus within Epi?

51 minutes ago, joshre01 said:

I know.. I was told that they hope to make all decisions by early March, but I assume that's what they tell everybody regardless of when they actually make individual decisions. I hope anyway! What's your focus within Epi?

Infectious disease! You? Did you apply anywhere else?

27 minutes ago, EpiPhDGal said:

Infectious disease! You? Did you apply anywhere else?

Chronic disease/social epi -- so far, I applied to 7 schools (UNC,Yale,Drexel,OSU,Maryland,USouthCarolina,Pittsburgh). 1 more to go (Colorado)! How about you?

Some people in SBS and nutrition streams have received interview invites. Has anyone applying to the Harvard PHS Epidemiology stream heard anything? Should we be expecting to hear about interviews (the website says that they do not conduct interviews)?

On 1/20/2017 at 9:05 PM, JLA17 said:

Hi everyone. I was also asked for interviews for the PHS program at Harvard (SBS also). I thought there weren't any, so this is surprising. Super nervous.

Best wishes!

Congratulations! What are your interests? What other programs did you apply to?