Directing MFA 2017 - Who's with me?!

KillerWingfield

Just found this thread, so glad to commiserate! I was pretty bummed to get the depaul and yale rejections on the same day yesterday. I'm crossing my fingers really hard for Northwestern. I've got UCLA and Brown so far. Waiting on NW and New School. Good luck!

Welcome @AgentMike! I also got my Yale rejection last night... Because of this forum I was prepared for the inevitable, but it's still a bummer. My goal for this process (well, besides an offer) was to just get interviews with the badass woman who run the American Theatre: Anna Shapiro, Anne Bogart, Susan Schulman, and Liz Diamond. Hahah 

Hi All! 

Congrats to everyone who's gotten a call! I just found the forum and it's very helpful.

I applied to Yale, Northwestern, UCSD, and Virginia Tech.

Has anyone else applied to VT? Apparently they've been having crazy server issues, and I was wondering if anyone else had encountered that. 

(Also I got my Yale interview call on January 6th - for those who were asking)

Thanks!

@JamesBrown I haven't seen anything in this forum about Northwestern, so chances are apps are still under review. Not sure though. Northwestern was in my list but I took them out as I started to whittle down where to apply to.

Now hearing about all of the programs where people have applied makes me wonder if I should have applied to more places! It's just so expensive and takes so much time. 

On January 19, 2017 at 3:48 PM, GunningForGrad said:

I haven't received the formal email with information but Tracee is working with my schedule and said she would place me in the morning slot. I will literally be in the city just long enough to interview.

I'm in the afternoon session if anyone wants to meet up! 

On January 18, 2017 at 11:40 AM, GunningForGrad said:

@steffybolt well it seems miracles do happen! I got my DePaul finalist interview invitation today!! 

Yay congratulations! I actually heard from a friend that a few years ago he got a call from DePaul for an interview on the same day he got INTO northwestern... So not all schools are on one timeline! 

@JamesBrown I applied to four as well. Right now UCSD is what I'm waiting on since I won't hear anything else until after my interviews with the other three. Someone I've spoken to applied to SEVEN and I just couldn't even imagine. 

@steffybolt I wish I could meet up with you! I need to go back and do some really close reading of the script for the directing portion of the interview. Definitely looking forward to the experience!

Yeah, NU won't be making any decisions until next month regarding interviews and cuts. Elizabeth contacted me regarding one of my recommendations not being able to open and she wanted to know if I could have the recommendor email it directly to them.  That's when she mentioned it'll be a while before decisions are made. 

I ended up applying to eight schools.... My original six became eight when I decided last minute to go ahead and apply to DePaul and UT Austin.  If I go through this process again next year, I will absolutely cut back on the amount of programs I apply for.