Fall 2017 CANADIAN clinical psychology

BeezKnees

8 minutes ago, Neposydko said:

No, the adult track. I don't know though whether it has been updated for everyone. I was notified of my status way before this update on eGAS, so maybe the status has only changed for a few people.

I don't think anyone in the child track has been notified about their status yet

Just now, cosimaniehaus said:

I don't think anyone in the child track has been notified about their status yet

Yeah, I really have no idea. The Open House is March 3rd, all I know is that those accepted should almost surely be notified soon, or at least next week, and invited to the Open House 

1 minute ago, Neposydko said:

Yeah, I really have no idea. The Open House is March 3rd, all I know is that those accepted should almost surely be notified soon, or at least next week, and invited to the Open House 

Yes I think we were supposed to be notified by yesterday but I guess there is some delay. Hopefully we hear soon :( Thanks!

It's so crazy how our lives could change (or not) over the next few weeks! I've been reflecting on that, and realize that I should be more grateful for the opportunities afforded to me to even apply. Regardless of what happens, it's important to keep things in perspective and recognize how privileged we really are. Hoping we all get good news over the next little while, and if not, hoping we all remain focused and positive as surely something better is in store for us :)

1 hour ago, SFUFTW said:

It's so crazy how our lives could change (or not) over the next few weeks! I've been reflecting on that, and realize that I should be more grateful for the opportunities afforded to me to even apply. Regardless of what happens, it's important to keep things in perspective and recognize how privileged we really are. Hoping we all get good news over the next little while, and if not, hoping we all remain focused and positive as surely something better is in store for us :)

It is amazing when I rethink about the coming weeks would be soooooo pivotal to our future career! No matter our applications are successful or not, it is no failure by any means. Preparing a completed application for these graduate programs are no easy tasks that are done by a flick of a wand! Hold our heads high!

1 hour ago, lockman86 said:

It is amazing when I rethink about the coming weeks would be soooooo pivotal to our future career! No matter our applications are successful or not, it is no failure by any means. Preparing a completed application for these graduate programs are no easy tasks that are done by a flick of a wand! Hold our heads high!

It's unreal! There is so much that would change for me if I got an offer from my first choice program. Moving to a new city, away from my family, but on the road to the career of my dreams! I go through these weird waves of just wanting to hear one way or the other.... just so I know and can move forward! :P 

FYI If you've applied to BC Schools (UBC, SFU, UVic), they are in reading weeks this past week (SFU, UVic) and next week (UBC), so that might affect wait times.. not sure though! Thought I'd pass it along regardless.

Hope everyone is coping ok and managing the stress of the wait! :D Feels weird to be waiting/stagnant... but hopefully that means good things are coming for all of us! Fingers crossed for everyone over the next couple weeks. 

Edited by researchjunkie
Grammar is hard.

So I emailed SFU to ask out of curiosity, and this is the response I received. 

Interviews will be planned this week and students being interviewed will be notified. Interviews will be on March 21, 22, 23.   All other students will be notified by the end of March.

1 hour ago, Neposydko said:

A bunch of people have received rejections from UBC according to the results section

Oh sorry I was referring to the Masters of Counselling Psychology (MA and MEd)

2 hours ago, SFUFTW said:

Oh sorry I was referring to the Masters of Counselling Psychology (MA and MEd)

ohh haha, ok! I don't know about it then! My friend who has applied there for Counselling hasn't received an answer yet though.

Waitlisted at University of Manitoba. Disappointed would be an understatement.

Anyone know if it's acceptable to ask about waitlist length/rank? I don't want to pester, but also don't feel I can handle spending another 2 months in the dark.

1 hour ago, Noctiv said:

Anyone know if it's acceptable to ask about waitlist length/rank? I don't want to pester, but also don't feel I can handle spending another 2 months in the dark.

I would start by trying the grad secretary and if they don't know, Id advise emailing your POI. Be really dipolomatic in your email, tell your POI that you're excited to have made it this far and you would appreciate any info they could give you on your rank on the wait list and/or when you might hear for sure. I would pose it less as a direct question and more of a 'if you could give me any further info it would be greatly appreciated.'

Sorry you're feeling so disappointed. This process is really gruelling :(

Edited by prospectclin

10 minutes ago, prospectclin said:

I would start by trying the grad secretary and if they don't know, Id advise emailing your POI. Be really dipolomatic in your email, tell your POI that you're excited to have made it this far and you would appreciate any info they could give you on your rank on the wait list and/or when you might hear for sure. I would pose it less as a direct question and more of a 'if you could give me any further info it would be greatly appreciated.'

Sorry you're feeling so disappointed. This process is really gruelling :(

2 hours ago, Noctiv said:

I was just waitlisted at Windsor, super bummed about it :(