Fall 2017 CANADIAN clinical psychology

BeezKnees

On ‎07‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 9:28 AM, HPPHD said:

Were you rejected from Western? I haven't heard anything and I'm not sure which is worse.

Western sent out its official acceptances following the interview day just over a month ago. If you haven't heard anything at all, I would recommend that you get in touch with the department. However, from my knowledge, if you were not invited to the interview day, it is likely indicative that you will not receive acceptance. Sorry!

On ‎03‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 5:55 PM, Noctiv said:

Crickets from both.

Rumour is that UOttawa is super behind on all of their applications because of some sort of technical glitches or errors ! :S

46 minutes ago, HappyLab said:

Western sent out its official acceptances following the interview day just over a month ago. If you haven't heard anything at all, I would recommend that you get in touch with the department. However, from my knowledge, if you were not invited to the interview day, it is likely indicative that you will not receive acceptance. Sorry!

What timing! Received my rejection just as I read this. It always sucks to be rejected, but good that the wait is over for one more school!

Just now, HPPHD said:

What timing! Received my rejection just as I read this. It always sucks to be rejected, but good that the wait is over for one more school!

I'm sorry to hear that! :( true that it is good to know sooner rather than later. The first time I applied, I didn't hear back from a few schools until July with official rejections!!  Best of luck with your other applications!

On 2017-03-03 at 5:19 AM, poojan.25 said:

I'm waiting to hear back from OISE as well. In the results section, people have written that they found out they were invited on ROSI. I've only been looking on the SGS website and haven't even heard about ROSI until now. Is there another website I am supposed to be referring to? 

If you go into your SGS profile, you should have a U of T student # assigned (not the application #). Then search up ROSI, and enter the student # and your d.o.b. as DDMMYY. (Hope that will work for you! I have never been a U of T student, but I still have a student #.) I think that if there is any change in your status it should show up on the home page.

Edited by LondonFog

3 hours ago, Jungandrestless said:

I am trying to fight the urge not to contact my POI at Ottawa. For my own sanity. Anyone else? 

2 hours ago, Neposydko said:

Same =P 

What is the consensus on contacting your poi after an interview? Is it desperate or appreciative to thank someone for their time? Bc even if you really are thankful to have met them, I think the underlying msg is always like... When am I going to hear abt a decision? 

20 minutes ago, prospectclin said:

What is the consensus on contacting your poi after an interview? Is it desperate or appreciative to thank someone for their time? Bc even if you really are thankful to have met them, I think the underlying msg is always like... When am I going to hear abt a decision? 

I think it's very reasonable to contact your POI, especially after an interview. From experience, it's always appreciated when you thank your POI after the interview, and I would think it rude not to do so (just as you would send a thank you note after a job interview). It doesn't have to be very long. I would actually just ask about when I should expect to hear back during the interview (like at the end of it). Only if it's been a long time that you haven't heard back, or if you have a decision to make, I would send an email asking about it. I'm sure the POI understands, remember that they've probably been through the same thing, and remember it quite well :) 

13 minutes ago, prospectclin said:

I feel like its appropriate to write a thank-you email post interview to say you appreciate taking the time to talk with you. I did this and got a very friendly response back and my POI then provided me with more details regarding the admission process which was very nice. I would suggest writing one soon after the interview. 

7 minutes ago, Neposydko said:

I think it's very reasonable to contact your POI, especially after an interview. From experience, it's always appreciated when you thank your POI after the interview, and I would think it rude not to do so (just as you would send a thank you note after a job interview). It doesn't have to be very long. I would actually just ask about when I should expect to hear back during the interview (like at the end of it). Only if it's been a long time that you haven't heard back, or if you have a decision to make, I would send an email asking about it. I'm sure the POI understands, remember that they've probably been through the same thing, and remember it quite well :) 

5 minutes ago, Jungandrestless said:

I feel like its appropriate to write a thank-you email post interview to say you appreciate taking the time to talk with you. I did this and got a very friendly response back and my POI then provided me with more details regarding the admission process which was very nice. I would suggest writing one soon after the interview. 

Cool thank you guys! Good luck and hope you both hear back soon 

I read this on the OISE website about your application status on ACORN/ROSI

Note the University of Toronto student record system (aka ACORN/ROSI) will correctly show a “Financially Cancelled” (FINCA) registration status for a conditional offer of admission. When all conditions are satisfied, an “Invitation to Register” (INVIT) status will show.

11 minutes ago, dont worry bout it said:

I read this on the OISE website about your application status on ACORN/ROSI

Note the University of Toronto student record system (aka ACORN/ROSI) will correctly show a “Financially Cancelled” (FINCA) registration status for a conditional offer of admission. When all conditions are satisfied, an “Invitation to Register” (INVIT) status will show.

Thanks for the info! that's interesting because I have that shown on my ROSI/ACORN. I guess I will have to wait and see if it does change. Was there information as to how long it would take to know the results?

1 minute ago, Jungandrestless said:

Thanks for the info! that's interesting because I have that shown on my ROSI/ACORN. I guess I will have to wait and see if it does change. Was there information as to how long it would take to know the results?

the first round of acceptance packages are being sent out in the mail right now. applicants have three weeks (or six if you're international) to accept an offer for an OISE program, or else it's revoked. my package had March 1st as the offer date so i guess March 21st is the first deadline. after that, students on the waitlist will probably contacted if there are leftover spots

3 minutes ago, dont worry bout it said:

the first round of acceptance packages are being sent out in the mail right now. applicants have three weeks (or six if you're international) to accept an offer for an OISE program, or else it's revoked. my package had March 1st as the offer date so i guess March 21st is the first deadline. after that, students on the waitlist will probably contacted if there are leftover spots

thank - you for the info!! and congrats on the offer :) it gives me a better idea of deadlines 

20 minutes ago, dont worry bout it said:

Which program was this referring to? Counselling and Clinical (MA) or Counselling and Psychotherapy (MEd)? Thanks

3 minutes ago, wannabeatuoft said:

Which program was this referring to? Counselling and Clinical (MA) or Counselling and Psychotherapy (MEd)? Thanks

i think all OISE programs since the office of the registrar handles it. i know some people who applied to CCP and SCCP have received offers in the mail

58 minutes ago, dont worry bout it said:

i think all OISE programs since the office of the registrar handles it. i know some people who applied to CCP and SCCP have received offers in the mail

Thanks for the clarification. Which program did you get accepted into though? Congrats! 

21 hours ago, Jungandrestless said:

I am trying to fight the urge not to contact my POI at Ottawa. For my own sanity. Anyone else? 

Yep!! same.. ahhh so much anticipation

17 minutes ago, Psych.kitty said:

Yep!! same.. ahhh so much anticipation

Interesting timing.. I just got an e-mail from Ottawa U saying I was among the top applicants but was waitlisted. It sounds as though initial offers to Ottawa U went out either today or not long ago, because the waitlist has already been compiled.