Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know this is a stressful time for many people here and I was in the same boat many times over and over (still haven't gotten in lol). But I just want to remind everyone that at the end of the day- t

I just got recommended for acceptence at UNB!!!!!!! I'm going to go cry now. 

1 hour ago, LuciFir said:

Accepted into OISE program! will accept. pm me for POI.

Thank you for this forum, it has been very helpful. Never give up trying no matter how many assholes tell you it's impossible.

Congratulations! Which program?

Also, does anyone have any updates on York Clinical Developmental after their interview/open house?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LuciFir said:

Accepted into OISE program! will accept. pm me for POI.

Thank you for this forum, it has been very helpful. Never give up trying no matter how many assholes tell you it's impossible.

Congratulations, I can imagine the relief! Did you have an interview/any email correspondence/SGS update prior to being accepted if you don't mind me asking? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Did anyone else not get a single response from any university yet? I applied to 8 universities across Canada and haven't received a response from any besides Western University. Have I completely lost chance at U of T, Ryerson, and York?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LuciFir said:

Accepted into OISE program! will accept. pm me for POI.

Thank you for this forum, it has been very helpful. Never give up trying no matter how many assholes tell you it's impossible.

Which OISE program? There's a few ;) But, congrats!! That's amazing!! It's so nice to see people achieving their dreams on here

1 hour ago, Jungandrestless said:

I see on the results section some people received offers and rejections for counselling at McGill, is this for the project or internship stream or both? Thanks!

I was accepted to the project stream, but I am waiting to hear back from McGill and Ottawa clinical before I make a decision. McGill is my dream school, but the counselling program offered less funding than the clinical! Wishing you the best of luck for your applications

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cosimaniehaus said:

Wondering this as well. Has anyone heard back?

 

2 hours ago, 2016PsycApplicant said:

Congratulations! Which program?

Also, does anyone have any updates on York Clinical Developmental after their interview/open house?

Grad office may still be shooting out official letters of acceptance, but most PIs should have reached out to the students they want to recommend for acceptance already. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/5/2017 at 9:25 AM, psychlops said:

Hi everyone!

I am also wondering if anybody has heard ANYTHING back from UTSC? The wait is killing me....

Thanks!

 

On 3/5/2017 at 11:31 AM, Psyapply said:

I also have not heard anything from UTSC since the Skype pre-interview....Does it means no hope.....?

First wave of acceptance offers should have been sent out by now...I would say check in with your POIs to confirm. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Jay's Brain said:

 

Grad office may still be shooting out official letters of acceptance, but most PIs should have reached out to the students they want to recommend for acceptance already. 

 

I'm a little surprised that no one has posted anything yet on the results page about York acceptances

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cosimaniehaus said:

I'm a little surprised that no one has posted anything yet on the results page about York acceptances

Could be that a lot of people this year who were accepted this year have not followed GradCafe or have chosen not to post. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Piagets#1Fan said:

Which OISE program? There's a few ;) But, congrats!! That's amazing!! It's so nice to see people achieving their dreams on here

I was accepted to the project stream, but I am waiting to hear back from McGill and Ottawa clinical before I make a decision. McGill is my dream school, but the counselling program offered less funding than the clinical! Wishing you the best of luck for your applications

Do you know if offers for the internship stream have gone out? I see some people put rejections or acceptances but my application still says in review.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, JillShah said:

Did anyone else not get a single response from any university yet? I applied to 8 universities across Canada and haven't received a response from any besides Western University. Have I completely lost chance at U of T, Ryerson, and York?

Yes! I applied to 6 in BC and I'm still waiting on all of them :( 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, JillShah said:

Did anyone else not get a single response from any university yet? I applied to 8 universities across Canada and haven't received a response from any besides Western University. Have I completely lost chance at U of T, Ryerson, and York?

Were you rejected from Western? I haven't heard anything and I'm not sure which is worse.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Jay's Brain said:

 

Grad office may still be shooting out official letters of acceptance, but most PIs should have reached out to the students they want to recommend for acceptance already. 

Thanks. Do you know if they let the short-list applicants know if they are waitlisted or they won't reject until the end of the term ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

To check for OISE counselling i went on ROSI and don't see any information on my application and then checked my sgs for uoft and it shows as under review. Anyone else also have this? To those that were accepted, did your status on sgs change to invited? Thanks! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Jungandrestless said:

To check for OISE counselling i went on ROSI and don't see any information on my application and then checked my sgs for uoft and it shows as under review. Anyone else also have this? To those that were accepted, did your status on sgs change to invited? Thanks! 

Mine is like this as well. SGS only changes to 'decision made,' but I've heard that it will change long after you already know the results of your application.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, 2016PsycApplicant said:

Congratulations! Which program?

Also, does anyone have any updates on York Clinical Developmental after their interview/open house?

Thank you! CCP :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jungandrestless said:

To check for OISE counselling i went on ROSI and don't see any information on my application and then checked my sgs for uoft and it shows as under review. Anyone else also have this? To those that were accepted, did your status on sgs change to invited? Thanks! 

ROSI will say "invited". So far I know of 1 or 2 people (based on the results section and other forums) who's ROSI's have changed to invited for the Counselling MEd program. I spoke to the program liason and he said they were still in the decision making process, and results should be out mid march (so within the next week or so). 

Link to post
Share on other sites

How long is OISE masters of education psychotherapy program is it from september 2017- April 2019?

 

for those who got accepted how many hours did you have of experience and is your first time applying?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ContentFaces said:

Mine is like this as well. SGS only changes to 'decision made,' but I've heard that it will change long after you already know the results of your application.

Thanks!!

3 hours ago, MSW-hopeful-2016 said:

ROSI will say "invited". So far I know of 1 or 2 people (based on the results section and other forums) who's ROSI's have changed to invited for the Counselling MEd program. I spoke to the program liason and he said they were still in the decision making process, and results should be out mid march (so within the next week or so). 

thanks for the update!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, delmoon said:

Thanks. Do you know if they let the short-list applicants know if they are waitlisted or they won't reject until the end of the term ?

That could be faculty member dependent, and also varies by how many students they may have had on their shortlist. I suggest asking them for an update just for clarity. Otherwise, you might not hear back till later like you said.

Also, keep in mind that CGS-M opens April 1st. That can also be used as a status check for those still waiting! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.