Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, HPPHD said:

Interesting timing.. I just got an e-mail from Ottawa U saying I was among the top applicants but was waitlisted. It sounds as though initial offers to Ottawa U went out either today or not long ago, because the waitlist has already been compiled.

Can I ask which program you applied for ? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know this is a stressful time for many people here and I was in the same boat many times over and over (still haven't gotten in lol). But I just want to remind everyone that at the end of the day- t

I just got recommended for acceptence at UNB!!!!!!! I'm going to go cry now. 

40 minutes ago, delmoon said:

Are accepted applicants at York also given a deadline to accept or it's just April 15 ? Thanks 

Since York is a CPA-accredited program, accepted applicants should have until April 15 to accept (according to their rules). 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, dont worry bout it said:

the first round of acceptance packages are being sent out in the mail right now. applicants have three weeks (or six if you're international) to accept an offer for an OISE program, or else it's revoked. my package had March 1st as the offer date so i guess March 21st is the first deadline. after that, students on the waitlist will probably contacted if there are leftover spots

My offer also said March 1st so I think it's definitely safe to say a second round would go out after the 21st

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HPPHD said:

Interesting timing.. I just got an e-mail from Ottawa U saying I was among the top applicants but was waitlisted. It sounds as though initial offers to Ottawa U went out either today or not long ago, because the waitlist has already been compiled.

Did you get an interview with your POI?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Neposydko said:

Did you get an interview with your POI?

I did, I interviewed with them at the end of February. Interviews aren't mandatory there but it was a good experience to have one. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HPPHD said:

I did, I interviewed with them at the end of February. Interviews aren't mandatory there but it was a good experience to have one. 

Thanks for the info! Yeah, I read a bit earlier in this thread that not all POI's carry out one. So stressful to be in the dark!

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, prospectclin said:

Sorry to hear that. But you're so close! Do most schools let you know that you are waitlisted after interview/visiting day?

Yes I believe it is fairly common to be notified if you are waitlisted. Although some programs take several weeks to get back to you. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/10/2017 at 4:22 AM, Psych.kitty said:

Got an email from mcgill POI today for an interview! wow late and unexpected - but exciting. 

Wowww congratulation!I'm so happy for you.If you don't mind would you please pm me your POI?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-03-10 at 7:10 AM, canadianpsychinterested said:

My offer also said March 1st so I think it's definitely safe to say a second round would go out after the 21st

Thanks for the info! So if I still haven't received a letter from OISE for SCCP, does it mean that I am currently on the wait list automatically? Or there is elsewhere that I can get an update of status from? 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't know if Dalhousie does second rounds... I know several people that applied there and hadn't heard anything at all yet.

Also, did anyone on here apply for Counseling Psych at UOttawa? I haven't heard anything yet and it's been months!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, coffeelover2317 said:

Don't know if Dalhousie does second rounds... I know several people that applied there and hadn't heard anything at all yet.

Also, did anyone on here apply for Counseling Psych at UOttawa? I haven't heard anything yet and it's been months!

I applied to UOttawa for counselling psychology and when I emailed asking they said they would notify mid or end of April because they have had technical issues... Which is insanely late. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, lockman86 said:

Thanks for the info! So if I still haven't received a letter from OISE for SCCP, does it mean that I am currently on the wait list automatically? Or there is elsewhere that I can get an update of status from? 

 

I don't know exactly what the process is, but my understanding is that OISE sends out letters for all official responses. So, when you receive a letter it is either a letter of acceptance, refusal, or a notice that you are on a waitlist. If you have been in contact with your POI then they can tell you (I think) "Unofficially" what your status is. You can also check on ROSI, the university of toronto's student portal, to see if you are "invited" to the program. If this is the case, it's sort of an unofficial acceptance before you receive your letter in the mail. That has been my experience anyways! I don't think you can assume you're automatically on the waitlist if you haven't heard, but you might be! Hope this helps a bit :)

Edited by canadianpsychinterested
Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, coffeelover2317 said:

Don't know if Dalhousie does second rounds... I know several people that applied there and hadn't heard anything at all yet.

Also, did anyone on here apply for Counseling Psych at UOttawa? I haven't heard anything yet and it's been months!

I interviewed in December and they said they do early acceptances and then a second round March/April, not sure if that has started yet.  I asked my POI for an update on my account and was told that there was no update but again April 15 is that main deadline

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, superfruitpsych said:

I interviewed in December and they said they do early acceptances and then a second round March/April, not sure if that has started yet.  I asked my POI for an update on my account and was told that there was no update but again April 15 is that main deadline

Good to know! Thanks :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.