Women's/Feminist/Gender Studies Fall 2017

kekology4

53 minutes ago, jasminecity said:

I was just accepted by McMaster! Even though it isn't my first choice I am ecstatic right now!!!!! 

That's amazing! Congrats! Did they email you or just checked the website? 

39 minutes ago, Liiahhhh said:

That's amazing! Congrats! Did they email you or just checked the website? 

Thank you so much! They emailed me earlier this afternoon but they haven't updated the website yet - it still says pending.

Did anyone else apply to Arizona State? I'm still waiting to hear from 6 schools, and the anticipation is killing me. There are a couple I'm assuming are rejections because others have heard something, but I wish they'd just send me a rejection already. 

@kguptaa congrats!!! good luck. 

So last week Stony Brook, who already accepted me, sent me an email saying they never got my application. I thought it was weird, and probably an error. Just got an email today confirming it, and letting me know they requested to return my application fee. okay! 

7 minutes ago, kekology4 said:

So last week Stony Brook, who already accepted me, sent me an email saying they never got my application. I thought it was weird, and probably an error. Just got an email today confirming it, and letting me know they requested to return my application fee. okay! 

omg I am so sorry ...how could.they not have your application but accept you ??

Omg oops i realized that was unclear. I'm still accepted! the follow-up e-mail was to confirm that the prior e-mail was an error - my application was fully submitted, and they received it.

Oh thank goodness, that would have been an absolute nightmare otherwise! Sometimes the clerical stuff is so weird, I've gotten 3 rejection emails from Emory. It's like, come on guys, I know you didn't want me... :P

4 minutes ago, kguptaa said:

Oh thank goodness, that would have been an absolute nightmare otherwise! Sometimes the clerical stuff is so weird, I've gotten 3 rejection emails from Emory. It's like, come on guys, I know you didn't want me... :P

I knoow lol. I got the informal rejection from emory in january, and the formal rejection yesterday. happy valentine's day to me! lmfao. 

7 hours ago, kekology4 said:

Oh awesome, I'm glad you got this too. I was worried that they were refunding because the error was more than just the email and that it might have affected their consideration of my app (by being delayed or something). I guess everyone got it though. Also, hooray for refunds! 

Also, spoke to Stony Brook, not all acceptances have gone out! Just some early one(s?) for the extra fellowships. (congrats again kekology).

I also spoke to U of Maryland and they're still reviewing and they should send out acceptances soon too. 

I hope everyone is doing well.

Edited by MickeyRay

7 hours ago, jasminecity said:

I just checked myfile for York and I was admitted - I dont know about funding/TAships yet the website says more info will be mailed! This was my first choice I'm literally through the roof LOL Anyone else hear back from them?

omg congrats! Thats amazing!!

I know there's only one spot for international students, so can I ask if you applied as domestic or international?