2010 Acceptance

papertiger31

I found out about Ohio State through the website by checking my status. Is that the OSU you mean? Or is it Oregon State (or one of many others that probably have that acronym)? The website says a letter is in the mail, but I live in the Mid-Atlantic and have been buried by snow for over a week. I haven't received mail since last Thursday, and considering my road still has not been plowed from the first storm, I don't expect to see mail anytime soon. Its driving me crazy. I really want to call to find out what the letter says, but I am trying not to be obnoxious.tongue.gif

Thanks for your information mb1212. I mean OSU for ohio state and are you applying its Ph.d program as well? My status on the website is still AcadReview. I am not sure whether they have a rolling system in admission or not cause my application is finished at the last minutes by Jan 15th. Maybe you applied earlier than me and that's why you got result early. Anyway, hopes that comes a good one for you.

Congrats.

Still no word from any of my schools yet.

Hi urbanchic, I applied Boston Univeristy as well. Did you have any information about their review progress? I have no idea how to check the status at all cause there is no such link from the website.

I was accepted to the University of Washington today. They said they cannot guarantee first-year funding at this time, but that this "may very well change in the coming weeks as our funding situation becomes clearer." I guess that means I'm in the second tier of accepted applicants and will have to wait for responses from first tier applicants. It still feels good, though. Its a competitive and well-regarded program that is perennially underfunded.

Congrats about UW!

Westox: I did apply the Ph.D program. I am pretty sure they don't have rolling admissions, my application got there about a week before the 15th. I had pretty extensive communication with my POIs, so I assume they were looking for my application. That might explain the fast turnaround.

I was accepted to the University of Washington today. They said they cannot guarantee first-year funding at this time, but that this "may very well change in the coming weeks as our funding situation becomes clearer." I guess that means I'm in the second tier of accepted applicants and will have to wait for responses from first tier applicants. It still feels good, though. Its a competitive and well-regarded program that is perennially underfunded.

Congrats..

have you also accepted to Temple? I also applied there but had no news yet!

I see that most people have applied to US programs. Has anyone applied to any outside the US? Particularly schools in the UK and Canada. I am anxiously waiting to hear back from McGill.

Also I just got a rejection e mail from UW today. Tough since it is where I went for undergrad but it wasn't my top choice anyways.

Edited by pkchatty

@ebsfbs: I was accepted to Temple. Carolyn Adams, grad director, called me last weekend (I think?). I haven't received anything more formal, by email or in the mail.

thanks.. i dont think that they will call international students. so, i will go on waiting:)

For anyone waiting to hear from Syracuse (and it seems like there are relatively few of us), the grad admissions director let me know that final decisions will be made this coming Friday and notifications will go out on Monday, Feb. 22.

I have some update news from Florida State. The status online has been changed like this:

"Your application for admission is complete. Graduate admission decisions are made by the academic departments with final approval by the Office of Admissions."

I have no idea how the final decision would be. Pray for an admission.

Do anyone apply FSU this year?

For anyone waiting to hear from Syracuse (and it seems like there are relatively few of us), the grad admissions director let me know that final decisions will be made this coming Friday and notifications will go out on Monday, Feb. 22.

@EmilySF, Do you know if the decisions are being sent out via email or snail mail? Thanks.

They went out via snail-mail, but I also got an email from Susan Millar, the grad admissions director, this afternoon to let me know that I'd been accepted. I had been in touch with her by email last week with questions about their timeline, though, so they may not be emailing everyone.

@EmilySF, Do you know if the decisions are being sent out via email or snail mail? Thanks.

today i have sent an e-mail to susan miller to inquire my status and she notified me about my rejection:( she also said i will have a mailed letter soon about this.

so, i am afraid if you still do not have an e-mail for your acceptance, be ready for a rejection. :(

Well, I haven't been in email contact with Syracuse, so hopefully the envelope will have good news. Someone from Maxwell, but not the geography department, sent me an email yesterday inviting me to apply for a school wide scholarship, so hopefully that is a sign of good things to come.

BTW, does anyone know when the following schools are notifying: Rutgers, Penn State, Arizona, Kentucky and Clark? Thanks.

@Tommy421: I got an email notification from Clark this morning that I was accepted. I also saw a rej. posted yesterday. Seems like you should hear from them anytime.

Is anyone else applying to Rutgers? Still silence from them...

Got into Kentucky this morning via phone, first admit after going 0/4 previously, so I'm pretty excited. No funding as of yet, but they said they will let me know by April 15 if they can offer me anything. For all of us Rutgers people, I called the department this morning and they said the decisions have been made and that they are inputting them into the online notification system, which may take a few hours to process.

Got into Kentucky this morning via phone, first admit after going 0/4 previously, so I'm pretty excited. No funding as of yet, but they said they will let me know by April 15 if they can offer me anything. For all of us Rutgers people, I called the department this morning and they said the decisions have been made and that they are inputting them into the online notification system, which may take a few hours to process.

Congrats on Kentucky, Tommy! So apparently what Rutgers genuinely wants is for us to frantically and compulsively refresh the online notification system? Okay, can do.

Congrats! Thats very exciting! I am wondering Tommy if you applied to the PhD program or MA? I applied to the MA and I am wondering if I didn't get a call this morning that it would then suggest I didn't get in. Again congrats!

Congrats! Thats very exciting! I am wondering Tommy if you applied to the PhD program or MA? I applied to the MA and I am wondering if I didn't get a call this morning that it would then suggest I didn't get in. Again congrats!

I applied to the MA and I actually called them. The director said that all the decisions are made, but that they haven't sent anything out yet or updated their online notification system. I would guess that if you either call or email the director, he will let you know. So basically, don't worry that you haven't heard.