Date Interview Invite Received: 1/9/2017
Degree
: PhD
Type: Counseling Psychology
Notified via: Email
Interview Date: February 3
Additional Info: Student Social the evening before

Congrats! Really great program.

@schizometric & @lumscjhu Congratulations to you both on your interviews from UMB! I've been checking the TGC results page and it looks like you're the only two who have heard back so far, would you mind PMing me your POIs? UMB's my top school and now I'm really nervous that I won't even be interviewed. ; A ; Also, your GRE/GPA stats if you wouldn't mind!! 

Also, for anyone else who is concerned about their app at UMass Boston, the semester here starts back up on the 24th of this month, but admins & staff are usually still working even though it's winter break. So it might be worth a shot to call/email now rather than waiting. 

Edited by academicbirb
spelling error go me

School Name: Texas A&M University
Date Interview Invite Received: 01/10/2017
Degree
Interview Date: February 2nd-3rd
Additional Info: Student social Thursday evening. Interview all day Friday.

This is a top choice school for me and I'm pretty shocked but excited I got an interview!

2 minutes ago, barrettnumber5 said:

School Name: Texas A&M University
Date Interview Invite Received: 01/10/2017
Degree
Interview Date: February 2nd-3rd
Additional Info: Student social Thursday evening. Interview all day Friday.

This is a top choice school for me and I'm pretty shocked but excited I got an interview!

Congratulations!

On 12/17/2016 at 11:36 PM, shosho said:

Good luck to everyone! Anxious to hear back...

Applied to all Counseling Psych, Ph.D programs at 6 schools: Georgia State, Teachers College, UT Austin, UC Santa Barbara, Fordham, University of Kentucky 

Interviews: 1/6 (University of Kentucky)

Accepted: 0/6

Rejected: 0/6

I applied to Counseling Psych Ph.D. programs at Georgia State and Teacher's College also! Haven't received any responses yet.

2 minutes ago, bronzetherapy said:

I applied to Counseling Psych Ph.D. programs at Georgia State and Teacher's College also! Haven't received any responses yet.

I am still waiting to hear back from Georgia State as well! I checked my application status and it said, "No Decision Made Yet," so I'm not sure! 

On 12/31/2016 at 7:11 PM, abnumber5 said:

Hey splind01! I have't heard anything from UNT. I know for sure that I won't be getting an interview offer because of my lack of prerequisites (made an error in my application.) I'm not sure if we were supposed to be notified by today only if we had an invite, or for either decision. Either way, good luck and I hope they are just late contacting you!

I was contacted to interview for counseling psych at UNT about 3 weeks ago... I hope they are getting to you still!

6 hours ago, BBoy said:

I was contacted to interview for counseling psych at UNT about 3 weeks ago... I hope they are getting to you still!

Oh congrats! Hope it goes well for you!

Does anyone know if University of Miami or University of Tennessee is done handing out invitations to interview? Although Id be devastated if they were, I rather eliminate some anxiety by knowing hahah 

Good afternoon everyone, wondering if anyone applied to the University of Louisville.  I applied to the Counseling Psychology program and have yet to hear back.  Good luck everyone! :)

40 minutes ago, GloMar said:

Good afternoon everyone, wondering if anyone applied to the University of Louisville.  I applied to the Counseling Psychology program and have yet to hear back.  Good luck everyone! :)

I see on the results page that an interview invitation went out to someone on Jan 7th. Don't know if they are still going out or not. Good luck!

37 minutes ago, schizometric said:

I see on the results page that an interview invitation went out to someone on Jan 7th. Don't know if they are still going out or not. Good luck!

I saw that but the dates are funky... I don't know that it is a reliable report.  Plus it sounds like clinical got notices around the same time.  

On 1/7/2017 at 6:23 PM, LindsayM said:

@dancedementia   I'm applying to 10 masters programs, all out of state, one of which is University of Houston's M.Ed in Counseling! It's awesome because the Ph.D is in the same department and really reasonably priced! Also, it would be great to smooze into the Ph.D program!! That's my plan. I'm curious how difficult it is to get into the program?!

I wish I could tell you! There are some stats on Peterson's (see here) but it includes all of the department, not just the M.Ed Counseling program. Fingers crossed for both of us, maybe we'll be classmates next fall :)

Edited by dancedementia

Does anyone have a reliable list that ranks/displays the top counseling psych programs? I know rankings are pretty subjective and not always helpful, but I'm trying to get a sense of which programs are the best in the United States in terms of quality of research and clinical work/supervision. Any guidance would be much appreciated. 

5 minutes ago, pricklypear said:

Would anyone who got an invitation to Texas Tech be willing to share when the interview is? Please and thank you!

I'm wait listed there but heard from someone who has a interview there that counseling interviews are on the 30th! Hope that helps!

42 minutes ago, psychlife4me said:

No problem! I guess I should've specified I meant the 30th of Jan... my bad, my brain is mush from all the stress :wacko:

Don't worry about it! I assumed it was January. I'm pretty sure my application is in limbo due to some transcript issues. I just wanted to make sure when the interview was so if for some miracle someone contacted me, I would be a bit prepared. But since it's the 30th, I wouldn't be able to make it anyway since I already confirmed an interview with another school.