Teacher's College 2017 Entry

vvl

6 hours ago, bjoshi said:

Could anybody explain the connection between TC and Columbia University? Are TC students still considered as Columbia grads?

TC is Columbia University's graduate school of education. We are considered Columbia grads; my degree says Columbia University on it, but is also signed by the president of TC. They are a little further removed than other GSEs seem to be from their universities--they have no access to Columbia's endowments, as well as, I think, a separate board and president. But this seems to be how Columbia structures most of its graduate schools. 

6 minutes ago, harrar said:

Just heard back from TC yesterday about my M.A. TESOL application- I'm in!! No news about funding though. 

Congratulations!!! That's awesome!!! 

Did you you have any interviews? 

20 hours ago, ChipmOnk said:

Congratulations!!! That's awesome!!! 

Did you you have any interviews? 

No, but I did a video interview of sorts as a part of my application. I had to read an article and respond with my thoughts, as well as answer a few questions about myself.

50 minutes ago, ChipmOnk said:

I'm in too!!!! So excited! Had my heart set on TC! And was my top and only choice!!! 

Congrats! Are you attending for sure or waiting for other results?

9 hours ago, harrar said:

Congrats! Are you attending for sure or waiting for other results?

For sure attending! I didn't apply to any other school! Had my heart set from the start! :)  how about you? 

2 hours ago, ChipmOnk said:

For sure attending! I didn't apply to any other school! Had my heart set from the start! :)  how about you? 

Congrats on your decision! TC has been my top choice from the beginning, but I want to wait on financial aid info to make a decision. I also want to visit and see it's everything I've hoped for! Have you heard anything about an admitted students weekend? I think I saw something about April 7-8, but I'm afraid to book tickets until I see something more official.

On 2017/2/23 at 11:46 PM, pj060690 said:

When I called the admissions office, I was told we will hear back only in the last week of March! 

Hi which program did you apply? The instructional technology and media program's AO said the decision will be published by mid to the end of March. 

Has anyone heard anything yet? I applied to the ED.M in  counseling psychology school counseling specialization and my friend who applied to the same program but with the mental health specialization received an e-mail yesterday about an interview and I did not. I was curious if anyone else had gotten an e-mail? I wasn't aware that the masters level had interviews 

Admitted to the MS program in Learning Analytics! Received an email with title "Teachers College, Columbia University Decision Available" at around 5 p.m. today. Then I log onto my application and feel grateful that it's good news! Does anyone know about the financial info?

On 2/23/2017 at 6:53 AM, pj060690 said:

Hi everyone,

I have applied for the Ed.M in International Educational Development program. Any idea when we are expected to hear back?

I'm waiting to hear back from them too! Hopefully we'll get something in the next week or so.