Teacher's College 2017 Entry

vvl

12 hours ago, Yehao said:

Admitted to the MS program in Learning Analytics! Received an email with title "Teachers College, Columbia University Decision Available" at around 5 p.m. today. Then I log onto my application and feel grateful that it's good news! Does anyone know about the financial info?

Congrats!

On 2/28/2017 at 9:43 AM, yogaandpearls06 said:

Has anyone heard anything yet? I applied to the ED.M in  counseling psychology school counseling specialization and my friend who applied to the same program but with the mental health specialization received an e-mail yesterday about an interview and I did not. I was curious if anyone else had gotten an e-mail? I wasn't aware that the masters level had interviews 

I applied to the ED.M psychological counseling with the mental health specialization and haven't received any updates... :( 

19 hours ago, neurocoord said:

I applied to the ED.M psychological counseling with the mental health specialization and haven't received any updates... :( 

I am waiting on results for the MA Developmental Psych from TC and when I called admissions this week, they said it'll be another 2 - 3 weeks. Gah! It's tough because I want to start in the summer, and have been holding off on plans at work and vacations and all that. Good luck to you! 

On 2017/2/16 at 8:53 AM, goldenangel1 said:

Hi there,

No, if the program doesn't require you to take the GRE or submit the GRE scores that means that they don't care or want your GRE scores. If it's not required, you do not have to submit it. Some programs do not require GRE because they do not rely on test scores to determined if you are a good fit for the program. They look at everything, your grades, essay, resume and your letter of recommendations. It varies from program to program in terms of competitiveness, but you have a very good chance because you have a good profile. Your GPA is good too. So don't worry. Try to relax and breathe. Again, they look at everything. So if you have a strong statement of purpose and strong letters of recommendation, it can override everything.

Hello!May I know the difference between MA and MEd program?

Hey all! 

I just heard back yesterday that I was admitted to the Social Studies Education PhD!! I'm really excited because after a few rejections, I was ready to cut my losses and think about re-applying in the next cycle. Now that I have this acceptance, though, I feel really grateful, but also now super concerned about funding. I have heard that TC does not have good funding and I am not sure what to do at this point. I've seen now how competitive it is to get into a program, but also feel wary about going into a program without funding. =/ Any thoughts or anyone else in the same boat? 

1 hour ago, easteregg said:

Got an email at 5:15pm about an update to my application. Offered admission to the MA in Higher Ed!

Congratulations!! 

I don't think TC releases decisions in one go for all students, but now that you have heard back, the other MA applicants can possibly expect decisions in the next few days. Fingers crossed.

Edited by Supraja

I wrote to the TC admissions about this because I have an external scholarship deadline by mid March and I can only apply if I have a decision by then. The reply I got was we should know by mid-March. My question was regarding the IED Ed.M. I suppose that the wait is closing in then!

Hi everyone, I finally heard back from my top choice that I am waitlisted. Is that good or bad? The email says: "You are currently on our waiting list as your average is just slightly below our admission requirement but you have good experiences. We will be in touch with you by the end of the month." 

4 minutes ago, TCapplicant said:

Hi everyone, I finally heard back from my top choice that I am waitlisted. Is that good or bad? The email says: "You are currently on our waiting list as your average is just slightly below our admission requirement but you have good experiences. We will be in touch with you by the end of the month." 

which program? :o 

It is still possible you still get in! and they think your experiences are awesome! I keep my fingers crossed and hope someone attending another programs frees the spot!

1 minute ago, forgetful26 said:

which program? :o 

It is still possible you still get in! and they think your experiences are awesome! I keep my fingers crossed and hope someone attending another programs frees the spot!

Thank you for your support :) It is one of the universities in Ontario. I wish I can say more, but am afraid they might read this forum.

Hi all, I'm still waiting to hear back about my Curriculum & Teaching Masters application, and in the meanwhile, I'll appreciate if any current students or recent grads can provide perspectives on the quality of the C&T Masters program in particular. The TC thread in this forum from two years ago has several people saying that some departments tend to be diploma mills that are basically cash cows for the university (http://forum.thegradcafe.com/topic/61468-teachers-college-2015/) with TAs teaching a lot of the courses, while others provide a much more satisfactory experience with classes taught by professors at the cutting edge of their fields. Does anyone know where the C&T Masters program falls along this spectrum? And how it stands up to Penn GSE's teaching, learning and leadership program? I'm an international student, and the govt. scholarship I've applied to only allows me to nominate one admission offer that I want to receive funding for, and I have to choose between the two (assuming of course that I get into TC, which is a big if).  

I know that I won't receive much funding from TC, but that's not really a concern as I'll only be able to go if I receive an external scholarship that covers all tuition and accommodation costs.  

Edited by Int_EdPolicy

Congrats to all of those who've been accepted!!! Question for all of you - are you still seeing the red "X's" right before you're admitted, or are you not? Just wondering, as I think I'm supposed to hear sometime soon.

Thanks for any and all info you can offer.

36 minutes ago, pj060690 said:

I see my contact info and the the green tick marks next to my check list

Sorry - I meant to ask that question to those who have been admitted. I heard that those who are about to be admitted get a couple of red "X"'s next to their transcript and such, but I don't know whether that's true or not.

1 hour ago, bluesea1981 said:

Sorry - I meant to ask that question to those who have been admitted. I heard that those who are about to be admitted get a couple of red "X"'s next to their transcript and such, but I don't know whether that's true or not.

Oops sorry

19 hours ago, bluesea1981 said:

Congrats to all of those who've been accepted!!! Question for all of you - are you still seeing the red "X's" right before you're admitted, or are you not? Just wondering, as I think I'm supposed to hear sometime soon.

I did not have red check marks like people did in previous years. I did, however, get invited to the accepted students FB page on my application portal the day before I was admitted.

12 minutes ago, EdGrad2341 said:

I did not have red check marks like people did in previous years. I did, however, get invited to the accepted students FB page on my application portal the day before I was admitted.

Thanks for that, EdGrad! I appreciate your taking the time to answer. Also, congrats! :)

20 hours ago, bluesea1981 said:

I didn't get any red marks either. I did see the FB page in the portal as well. 

10 minutes ago, ChipmOnk said:

I didn't get any red marks either. I did see the FB page in the portal as well. 

I see a feed for Facebook and for Twitter on my application status page, but not an invite. I'm guessing that those feeds are just promotional?