Teacher's College 2017 Entry

vvl

I also have the feed for Facebook and Twitter. Also noticed that now I have two applications stated that it is submitted (even though I only did one), in which the second one stated that I submitted yesterday. Yet, when I click to open it, its all the same things in the first application that I submitted (like recommendation letters, etc. checked off). Doubt it means anything.

3 hours ago, pj060690 said:

Did you see the fb page or an invite? 

It was a link on the application portal for admitted students. But I haven't had a chance to check it out yet. 

5 hours ago, universe said:

Anyone see the bad yelp reviews on Teacher's college? Google it and you'll find tons of negative reviews. Not sure how much you should read into it, but I would be wary about going there.

I met a current student at Columbia. He was quite happy with the program. He said being in NY, you can also secure internships year-long. One course which he particularly mentioned was about education in conflict regions. A professor has been working on it for long time and shared her research and possibility of doing so, in the classroom. It is a big program, undoubtedly. And it must have its flaws. But I loved the campus and the university if quite spread out. (I visited UPenn, NYU, Columbia and Stanford. Loved campuses of Stanford and Columbia.)

Hi guys

While I logged in to check my status in the website, I found that my applications changed from one to two. 

The first one was the one submitted by me, in November. 

The second was new, and was submitted on 3/10/2017. 

Does anyone know what this means??

I applied for a PhD. Maybe, does it mean a referral to masters??

Just found out that I was admitted to their Masters program (MA in Education Policy). Seems like I did not get into their PhD program for Education Policy. Not certain whether to take the offer, since I am already going to be getting my MA this year in Urban Education, but will wait to see the financial aid package.

They did not email me the decision, found it on their admitted students portal.

I saw optional scholarship application in my application page yesterday and it's gone today... had anyone seen this?

i applied to the ice program.

Edited by Happyleaves

10 minutes ago, Happyleaves said:

I saw optional scholarship application in my application page yesterday and it's gone today... had anyone seen this?

I also saw it and its gone for me too. I applied to IED. I'm getting a little anxious now. Decisions usually have gone out by this point for the IED/ICE programs according to the results page from previous years. Has anyone talked to admissions about it?

8 minutes ago, Happyleaves said:

Same. The scholarship form has gone now. I applied to the IED program (same Dept). Perhaps the deadline for that form is up? Has this happened to any one else?

10 minutes ago, radiation said:

I also saw it and its gone for me too. I applied to IED. I'm getting a little anxious now. Decisions usually have gone out by this point for the IED/ICE programs according to the results page from previous years. Has anyone talked to admissions about it?

I was given the generic ' decisions go out between mid and end March' reply :/ 

I just saw on their facebook that Teacher's College will be closed tomorrow because of a winter storm. So if we don't hear back today it may be another couple days of anxiety. Or possibly a week because they are currently on spring break. argghhhhh

2 hours ago, Happyleaves said:

Also the scholarship thing was not there at the beginning . It appeared a few days ago and disappeared today. 

A similar thing happened to me. I had optional scholarship applications open for a while. One disappeared a few days ago. The other was gone today. Don't know if that means a decision has already been rendered.

7 hours ago, haveuever22 said:

Hi guys

While I logged in to check my status in the website, I found that my applications changed from one to two. 

The first one was the one submitted by me, in November. 

The second was new, and was submitted on 3/10/2017. 

Does anyone know what this means??

I applied for a PhD. Maybe, does it mean a referral to masters??

I think you might wanna check the admitted students portal, like TGC did. That might mean you were accepted to the Master's, rather than the PhD.

Accessing my application did not show me my status; however, I googled tc admitted student portal and was able to log in and access a congratulatory message! You guys might want to check there :)