12 minutes ago, river6 said:

I will also be accepting the MACSE program and rejecting the MT program, so hopefully that opens up a spot for someone

Is anyone picking MT P/J over the MA/CSE program? Still a little bit confused 

What if you call them and ask them the difference though? It seems strange to me also because they do some really similar.

I just think that the MT one is more focused on research projects/a thesis.

16 minutes ago, cutekittens said:

What if you call them and ask them the difference though? It seems strange to me also because they do some really similar.

I just think that the MT one is more focused on research projects/a thesis.

A research project is very different from a thesis! As far as I know, the MT program doesn't require a thesis but I think requires one research project to be completed.

For those wondering about MACSE or MT, I found this reddit thread of someone describing possible differences between the MACSE and MT. To me, it looks like if you want to teach P/J then the MACSE program is better.

This is an example of the MT research project. You can use it to also get into the PhD program it says on the website. I am pretty sure child study requires something similar though? I may be wrong. 

https://tspace.library.utoronto.ca/bitstream/1807/67011/1/Cao_Jia Yun Karen_201406_MT_MTRP.pdf

During the interview, the interviewer mentioned that the MT program is similar to a BEd program in terms of schedule where you have classes for a few weeks and then practicum. However the MA program combines practicums and classes on the same days so it is easier to implement concepts you learn in class and easier to follow up with your classmates and professors with any questions/issues you have right away

7 hours ago, river6 said:

I will also be accepting the MACSE program and rejecting the MT program, so hopefully that opens up a spot for someone

Is anyone picking MT P/J over the MA/CSE program? Still a little bit confused 

I would pick MT over MA simply because the MT has a research paper to complete! It could potentially open up the option to continue studies even though it's not a thesis! It's more challenging than the Practice Based Inquiry stream of the MACSE but in my opinion, it's exciting and rewarding! 

3 hours ago, Honggil said:

I'm going OISE registrar a call tomorrow.  Haven't heard anything yet and the wait is killing lol

Congrats so far to ppl who got acceptances!!

I think I'll do the same thing too! It's driving me crazy day by day and I'm exhausted :( Congrats to everyone that got in from me as well! <3

2 minutes ago, Marina S25 said:

I think I'll do the same thing too! It's driving me crazy day by day and I'm exhausted :( Congrats to everyone that got in from me as well! <3

I think they will probably accept more people after the 3 week time period of the first round expires (offers dated for March 1st expire around March 21st)....A bunch of people are accepting/declining offers right now, so probably after March 21st more people will be accepted.

6 minutes ago, cutekittens said:

I think they will probably accept more people after the 3 week time period of the first round expires (offers dated for March 1st expire around March 21st)....A bunch of people are accepting/declining offers right now, so probably after March 21st more people will be accepted.

I think so too! My cousin applied for her engineering degree at UofT, and even though she was told to expect an offer in February, she didn't receive it until March in the second round! So I'm assuming, if anything, I may hear back in the second or third round! The wait is just difficult, but I'm trying to remind myself that no news doesn't necessarily mean bad news :)

7 minutes ago, Marina S25 said:

I think so too! My cousin applied for her engineering degree at UofT, and even though she was told to expect an offer in February, she didn't receive it until March in the second round! So I'm assuming, if anything, I may hear back in the second or third round! The wait is just difficult, but I'm trying to remind myself that no news doesn't necessarily mean bad news :)

Exactly you're right, in this case, no news is better than bad news.

Do you have a backup plan just in case?

7 hours ago, CH OISE said:

Anyone has signed up for U of T email yet? Should we wait for getting our student card first before we are able to do so?

It's been a long time but I think you can make the email first and then go and get your tcard. 

11 hours ago, CH OISE said:

Anyone has signed up for U of T email yet? Should we wait for getting our student card first before we are able to do so?

My friend who is not an OISE student said that she was given an email address awhile ago. Maybe she is wrong .... but are you sure you don't have one ?

When it is time to get your TCard,I believe you can go to UTM or Scarborough if those are more convenient for you.

Here are the TCard and email steps from OISE:

http://www.oise.utoronto.ca/ec/Services/Internet_Email/New_Students.html

10 hours ago, cutekittens said:

Exactly you're right, in this case, no news is better than bad news.

Do you have a backup plan just in case?

Yes! I've already tentatively accepted another offer :) I'm thankful that I have other options, I'm just excited for OISE that's all 

People still waiting for MT p/j I think have a high chance of receiving acceptances later because a lot of people that got into MT p/j also got into MA CSE and it seems many will choose MA CSE over MT p/j if accepted into both. :) Stay hopeful I have heard many people got accepted later :)

I just called the registrar and asked them if they could tell me what I got accepted for (I am not sure which division, or which teachables).

They said that they cannot tell me over the telephone, and that it could take until the end of March (or even later) to receive my letter....

57 minutes ago, cutekittens said:

I just called the registrar and asked them if they could tell me what I got accepted for (I am not sure which division, or which teachables).

They said that they cannot tell me over the telephone, and that it could take until the end of March (or even later) to receive my letter....

Looks like I spoke too soon.

I just received my letter (finally). It is dated for March 8th.

I received acceptances for P/J, J/I, and I/S ... I'm going to accept J/I or I/S so hopefully that will open up a P/J spot for someone!

10 minutes ago, cutekittens said:

I received acceptances for P/J, J/I, and I/S ... I'm going to accept J/I or I/S so hopefully that will open up a P/J spot for someone!

Congrats!! 

Prior to receiving your letter was your Rosi updated? 

2 hours ago, icecream151 said:

People still waiting for MT p/j I think have a high chance of receiving acceptances later because a lot of people that got into MT p/j also got into MA CSE and it seems many will choose MA CSE over MT p/j if accepted into both. :) Stay hopeful I have heard many people got accepted later :)

That's making me feel a lot better! Thank you! :)

1 hour ago, cutekittens said:

Congratulations! :)