6 minutes ago, Pidgey said:

I was in the same boat, I got accepted to Queens/Western/OISE and had to make a decision. I'm originally from Toronto but am currently away for school which means I can move back home and save money, however it's a long commute to OISE as opposed to living in an apartment close to Western and still maintaining independence. I chose OISE though. Anyway, I guess it really depends on your career goals (like you mentioned, if you ever want to become a principal or possibly university instructor somehow). I'm a bit confused though, B.Ed at York is 2 years and so is the MT program at OISE. The only main difference in schedules is that you're right, I believe OISE would run through summer of 2018. However, look at the big picture - once you become a teacher, you'll have summers off every year, so why does one summer in 2018 matter that much? It goes by fast anyways. In terms of cost, $10,000 is definitely a hefty price, especially if you're going to be inconveniencing yourself daily and paying more for transportation costs...but I think in the grand scheme of things $10,000 isn't a huge price to pay (don't get me wrong, it still is a significant amount though).

You can get your masters online later, but is that really something you would want to do once you have a full-time job? I've seen people go through it and it's not a fun process at all to have to work all day and then go home and work all night for 2 years. In the end I feel like the difficulty of the MT program is better to just get it over with than have to suffer through more schooling later. Sigh I don't know, the fact that it's so much easier to get to York and the cheaper price is really the only pro I see for you. And you're also correct, both degrees put you at the A3 level. Even though the school you attend technically "doesn't matter", I'm pretty sure it does, even a tiny bit. If you managed to get into OISE, you clearly have the skills, so I'm sure you can handle the difficulty :). I'm a bit worried about the difficulty as well but that last sentence just provided a little self-reassurance haha.

Sorry for the long post, good luck with your decision :) 

Thank you so much for your opinion, it means a lot!

Thankfully I have 2 months to think about this. This is going to be torture!

P.S. is it 'pidgey' as in the pokemon ? lol

4 hours ago, Honggil said:

Thanks everyone. 

I got accepted into York U, which was my 2nd choice. I'll be going there. 

Good luck to everyone in their upcoming schools! 

There is still time.... :)

Most deposits are due in June. If people don't pay them, schools will probably be giving out late acceptances in June/July.

Hey everyone! If anyone is going to the meet and great for P/J, could you post what you learn there? I can't make it as I have a presentation Thursday night in Guelph

6 hours ago, cutekittens said:

Thank you so much for your opinion, it means a lot!

Thankfully I have 2 months to think about this. This is going to be torture!

P.S. is it 'pidgey' as in the pokemon ? lol

Haha yes its Pidgey from Pokemon :)

2 hours ago, Tshskespeare said:

Hey guys. So nothing really to report that you can't find on oise's website. The only thing is a special cohort that is research based and operate out of UTS that you can apply for and is chosen by random draw.  

What is UTS?

What would be the benefit of this cohort? Just for people that like research? Is it extra work?

On 12/20/2016 at 8:40 PM, maui94 said:

Hey, I am wondering who else has applied to the MT program at OISE! What concentration did you apply for, what teachable(s), and what did your application look like?

I applied to intermediate/senior for biology & social science. I had volunteer experience in a high school and ~4.0 GPA average in my last two years.

4.0 last two years is not as impressive as 4.0 throughout. Don't try to brag about your grades if you hide half of your undergraduate  career. 

2 minutes ago, Boabdil said:

4.0 last two years is not as impressive as 4.0 throughout. Don't try to brag about your grades if you hide half of your undergraduate  career. 

Wow, way to be a weirdo who replies to a comment from 3 months ago with a rude response.

The first 2 years don't matter anyway, it's the last 2 years that universities look at.

What do you care anyway? Don't have anything nice to say, then go away. They weren't bragging, they were stating facts.

6 hours ago, Tshskespeare said:

University of Toronto schools. It is extra work, yes. 

Oh I had to google what that was... never heard of it.

Hm, so I guess it is just good for your resume or something like that!

2 hours ago, cutekittens said:

Oh I had to google what that was... never heard of it.

Hm, so I guess it is just good for your resume or something like that!

It's good because you're in a school setting, you get to be a part of research, and you get a bit more exposure to students. It would look good on your resume I guess too. It is a lot more work, though. You also are required to volunteer at the school. I want to do it but it might not be something everyone is into. 

9 hours ago, cutekittens said:

Wow, way to be a weirdo who replies to a comment from 3 months ago with a rude response.

The first 2 years don't matter anyway, it's the last 2 years that universities look at.

What do you care anyway? Don't have anything nice to say, then go away. They weren't bragging, they were stating facts.

Yeah, try telling that to Harvard law buddy. I have a solid GPA throughout, but I am not going around this site bragging about it. 

43 minutes ago, Boabdil said:

Yeah, try telling that to Harvard law buddy. I have a solid GPA throughout, but I am not going around this site bragging about it. 

You obbiously are bragging about it. You're not even applying to Oise so why have you decided to come here and try to drag others down? It's completely unnessesarry and uncalled for. Please leave this thread and leave us alone. Thank you. 

1 hour ago, Boabdil said:

I don't care what your GPA is, you're an idiot. That person made that post for comparison purposes and stated their last two years' GPA because that's what OISE looks at. How about you fuck off, bruh?

54 minutes ago, Pidgey said:

I don't care what your GPA is, you're an idiot. That person made that post for comparison purposes and stated their last two years' GPA because that's what OISE looks at. How about you fuck off, bruh?

LMAO okay I'm glad that I was not the only one who was annoyed....

We aren't even talking about Harvard here... hahahahaha