6 minutes ago, ALk94 said:

It was quite short the letter, just basically says what your offer is for. There were a few pages included in the package. It comes with a sheet to scan or send back to accept the offer. This needs to be done within 3 weeks (6 if international) of the date on your letter. It also came with a form which says to mail back a tuition deposit of $300 by June 1st to hold your spot.

@ALk94 thank you !!!

@rabschaud oh man.. I live in Mississauga too and I didn't get it yet..... I only applied to MT, did not apply to the other. Which one are you going to pick?

On 3/9/2017 at 11:49 PM, cutekittens said:

@rabschaud oh man.. I live in Mississauga too and I didn't get it yet..... I only applied to MT, did not apply to the other. Which one are you going to pick?

I don't know yet! I love the 13 week internship for the MA CSE program, but I'm not huge on psychology, which is the department the MA CSE program is in. I know pretty much everything about the MA CSE program, but almost nothing about the MT program.

I

On March 9, 2017 at 11:47 PM, rabschaud said:

For anyone who got into both the MA Child Education and MT, which one are you going to pick?

I'm super confused on which one to pick as well.. any advice would be great 

1 hour ago, river6 said:

I'm super confused on which one to pick as well.. any advice would be great 

The Master of Arts in Child Study and Education Program does not require you to write a thesis.

"The Child Study and Education (CSE) program offers a two-year, non-thesis MA that qualifies graduates to teach in elementary schools (Kindergarten to Grade 6) in Ontario. Our combination of teacher education and graduate degree training is intended to produce teacher-leaders who can apply research and theory in child study to their careers as educators. The MA CSE program and our faculty are part of the Department of Applied Psychology and Human Development at the Ontario Institute for Studies in Education, University of Toronto." 
http://www.oise.utoronto.ca/ics/M.A._Program/MACSE_Program_Welcome/

------------------------

I believe the Master of Teaching does require you to write a thesis. My friend is in the program right now and she is writing one:

"Graduate Research

Over the two years of the program, you will complete a research project on a topic related to teaching and learning. Prior research experience is not a requirement or an expectation for admission to the program. Your research project will examine both the educational theory relating to a topic and its practical application to teaching. You will be carefully guided through the project."

http://www.oise.utoronto.ca/mtnew/About_Our_Program.html

-----------

Don't quote me on this though... there might be other differences....

Edited by cutekittens

My friend wants to log in to Acorn to see if she got accepted.

How can she log in if she is not a U of T student? Does she have to speak to someone at University of Toronto to be able to login? Or will she not be able to log in?

1 hour ago, cutekittens said:

How can she log in if she is not a U of T student? Does she have to speak to someone at University of Toronto to be able to login? Or will she not be able to log in?

she should have been sent an email a while back with s JoinID. that's her ACORN login, and her student number that shows up on her SGS profile is used for ROSI.

On 2017-03-09 at 11:19 PM, cutekittens said:

What else does it say in your acceptance package? anything interesting?

which day do they ask you to accept the offer by? do you accept it online? do you have to send them money right away?

I got my letter last night! You have to fax them a letter confirming your acceptance within three weeks of the date of your letter. You have to send them money by June 1. 

13 hours ago, cutekittens said:

Basically what SanaAbu said. You can find your student number under the profile tab on the OISE application website (the site where it should still say 'under review"). You can use that student number to login to ROSI (just Google rosi UofT to get there). You can also use your JoinID found in a previous email from UofT to login to ACORN. Good luck to your friend!

20 hours ago, cutekittens said:

The Master of Arts in Child Study and Education Program does not require you to write a thesis.

"The Child Study and Education (CSE) program offers a two-year, non-thesis MA that qualifies graduates to teach in elementary schools (Kindergarten to Grade 6) in Ontario. Our combination of teacher education and graduate degree training is intended to produce teacher-leaders who can apply research and theory in child study to their careers as educators. The MA CSE program and our faculty are part of the Department of Applied Psychology and Human Development at the Ontario Institute for Studies in Education, University of Toronto." 
http://www.oise.utoronto.ca/ics/M.A._Program/MACSE_Program_Welcome/

------------------------

I believe the Master of Teaching does require you to write a thesis. My friend is in the program right now and she is writing one:

"Graduate Research

Over the two years of the program, you will complete a research project on a topic related to teaching and learning. Prior research experience is not a requirement or an expectation for admission to the program. Your research project will examine both the educational theory relating to a topic and its practical application to teaching. You will be carefully guided through the project."

http://www.oise.utoronto.ca/mtnew/About_Our_Program.html

-----------

Don't quote me on this though... there might be other differences....

That information is wrong. Both programs require you to do a research project. 

4 hours ago, Honggil said:

If we have not got anything in the mail but sgs application still says under review assuming because it's not updated...  are we rejected? 

Not necessarily. I called last week and they said not all the letters were sent out on March 1st and decisions are still being made and it takes them a long time to do things. I think if you're worried, you should call and ask them - they won't be able to tell you about your specific application but they can assure you of these things I mentioned. It definitely has helped me ease my anxieties about the wait. 

Good luck. The wait is tough...

28 minutes ago, Honggil said:

Many thanks! The wait is tough lol... And sgs application status seems to be behind. 

Does anybody actually have a status different than 'under review' ?

1 hour ago, cutekittens said:

Does anybody actually have a status different than 'under review' ?

Nope, I got my letter last Monday and it's still 'under review'.

I asked around and 99% of people say to do the MA CSE program (if you've been accepted to both). Apparently much more organized, helpful in the future, more well-respected, and overall just a better program. A friend from high school is currently in the program and she said her classmates enjoy their program much more than the MT students.

5 hours ago, nm54 said:

Has anyone been waitlisted for MT Primary/junior?

My SGS Application is still under review with nothing to show on ROSI :(

Does it say waitlisted for you?

Got to decide soon about York U which I got accepted to.

Hey! I was just wondering if anyone has received a letter for I/S yet and it still says "under review" and their acorn hasn't been updated? I'm still waiting for a letter and it doesn't say anything on either websites. 

2 hours ago, Honggil said:

My SGS Application is still under review with nothing to show on ROSI :(

Does it say waitlisted for you?

Got to decide soon about York U which I got accepted to.

I got a letter in the mail saying I was waitlisted

1 hour ago, nm54 said:

I got a letter in the mail saying I was waitlisted

Congrats, hope you get it!

The deadline for York U is the 16th to decide whether to accept the offer or not but still nothing from OISE yet.

11 hours ago, sseuro said:

Hey! I was just wondering if anyone has received a letter for I/S yet and it still says "under review" and their acorn hasn't been updated? I'm still waiting for a letter and it doesn't say anything on either websites. 

9 hours ago, Honggil said:

Congrats, hope you get it!

The deadline for York U is the 16th to decide whether to accept the offer or not but still nothing from OISE yet.

Just accept York for now (As long as you don't have to send them any money yet)... you can always decline later on.

3 hours ago, cutekittens said:

Just accept York for now (As long as you don't have to send them any money yet)... you can always decline later on.

Thanks, I'm going to today. 

Anyone hear back from oise recently?