1 hour ago, Honggil said:

Thanks, I'm going to today. 

Anyone hear back from oise recently? 

I received my mailed letter on Friday and today I just got an email invitation to their Meet & Greet event.

I still did not get my letter in the mail, but I did get the 'Meet and Greet' email.

This is the beginning of it:

Congratulations! You have been recommended to the Master of Teaching (MT) Program in the Department of Curriculum, Teaching and Learning (CTL) at the Ontario Institute for Studies in Education (OISE), University of Toronto. Your offer of admission is on its way to you if you haven't received it already. Please read the letter carefully when it arrives. It will include information about the division to which you were offered admission and any conditions that need to be satisfied before registration (e.g. submission of final official transcripts). If you applied to more than one program, you will receive more than one notification of results letter. They may or may not arrive at the same time.

Hi everyone! I have yet to see an update on ACORN and ROSI. I haven't received any emails from them either as of yet. Do you think this is a bad sign? I am starting to panic because I'm seeing so many people are receiving some form of an update from the University. Should I just give up on the idea of expecting an offer of admission?

5 minutes ago, Marina S25 said:

Hi everyone! I have yet to see an update on ACORN and ROSI. I haven't received any emails from them either as of yet. Do you think this is a bad sign? I am starting to panic because I'm seeing so many people are receiving some form of an update from the University. Should I just give up on the idea of expecting an offer of admission?

Maybe contact them and ask them what is the latest date that people will find out if they are accepted / declined?

I am not sure if they have finished accepting people, or if they are still doing it....

I know some people have received info that they are on a waitlist.

It does seem that OISE is being really slow though.... IE., I thought we would be notified March 1st, but I only received an e-mail yesterday.

37 minutes ago, cutekittens said:

Maybe contact them and ask them what is the latest date that people will find out if they are accepted / declined?

I am not sure if they have finished accepting people, or if they are still doing it....

I know some people have received info that they are on a waitlist.

It does seem that OISE is being really slow though.... IE., I thought we would be notified March 1st, but I only received an e-mail yesterday.

I already tried that..I called and emailed them. When I asked when the latest I should hear back from them is, he said that the latest would be the day before classes start.. I got offers of admission to 5 other schools for teacher's college. So, I'm not concerned that I have no where to go. I would just rather a prompt response from UofT so I can begin to plan my affairs accordingly. I really hope that I'm not left waiting for a response from them until September :(

39 minutes ago, Marina S25 said:

I already tried that..I called and emailed them. When I asked when the latest I should hear back from them is, he said that the latest would be the day before classes start.. I got offers of admission to 5 other schools for teacher's college. So, I'm not concerned that I have no where to go. I would just rather a prompt response from UofT so I can begin to plan my affairs accordingly. I really hope that I'm not left waiting for a response from them until September :(

I'm in the same boat as you. I already have offers from other schools but nothing and no updates from oise yet. 

Wish that they would give us a firm decision asap so that we can move on and plan ahead. 

1 hour ago, Honggil said:

I'm in the same boat as you. I already have offers from other schools but nothing and no updates from oise yet. 

Wish that they would give us a firm decision asap so that we can move on and plan ahead. 

Exactly. We should just try to remain positive! They sift through thousands of applicants daily! Hopefully ours are in the mix soon, so we can hear back from them!

4 hours ago, Marina S25 said:

Yeah I know what you mean... you might end up paying a non-refundable deposit to another school, and then all of a sudden find out your are accepted....

2 hours ago, Marina S25 said:

Exactly. We should just try to remain positive! They sift through thousands of applicants daily! Hopefully ours are in the mix soon, so we can hear back from them!

They don't sift through thousands of applicants for this program. Look at the stats from previous years (they are posted on this thread). For example, 2014/2015 school year, there was 952 applicants, and they accepted 394.... 2015/2016 1420 applicants and they accepted 612

2 hours ago, cutekittens said:

They don't sift through thousands of applicants for this program. Look at the stats from previous years (they are posted on this thread). For example, 2014/2015 school year, there was 952 applicants, and they accepted 394.... 2015/2016 1420 applicants and they accepted 612

Uhhh.... I'm pretty sure when that poster said "sifting through thousands of applications" they are talking about checking the applications, not sending out offers of admissions. Of course they are going to check through the applications and everyone's  documents before sending out offers,  but it takes a long time and they do it in rounds. The stats for admission have nothing to do with how many applications they simply look at because they send everyone a letter regardless. :/

I think many of us are stressed about finding out and need to stay calm & positive somehow. To everyone still waiting, let's keep hoping for the best!

4 hours ago, lgeezy said:

The stats for admission have nothing to do with how many applications they simply look at because they send everyone a letter regardless. :/

Of course the stats for admissions have everything to do with how many applications they look at. The stats say exactly how many applications they look at, and how many they accept. I am not sure where you are going with that.

But anyways, yes, remain calm and positive. It is very stressful until you find out!!

19 hours ago, cutekittens said:

Yeah I know what you mean... you might end up paying a non-refundable deposit to another school, and then all of a sudden find out your are accepted....

That's exactly it! If I get accepted, I'm definitely going to OISE, but I don't want to lose money in the process!

19 hours ago, cutekittens said:

Wow! I didn't know the exact numbers! Thanks for clarifying :)

Hey guys!  So for people who still haven't heard yet I wanted to offer you some perspective. I went to York for my MA last year after being at UofT for my undergrad and was pretty bummed that UofT didn't accept me to their program but York is great and they're really good about funding. Also graduating from there or any other b.ed program will put you in the same pay scale as oise grads so don't fret, your future is still bright no matter what happens. :) 

2 hours ago, Tshskespeare said:

Hey guys!  So for people who still haven't heard yet I wanted to offer you some perspective. I went to York for my MA last year after being at UofT for my undergrad and was pretty bummed that UofT didn't accept me to their program but York is great and they're really good about funding. Also graduating from there or any other b.ed program will put you in the same pay scale as oise grads so don't fret, your future is still bright no matter what happens. :) 

Good to hear some positive words! Cheers!

Still waiting for OISE... 

5 minutes ago, Honggil said:

Good to hear some positive words! Cheers!

Still waiting for OISE... 

I'm honestly getting really annoyed. Why are they doing it through snail mail? It is 2017!!!!!! I need to know now! lol

51 minutes ago, cutekittens said:

I'm honestly getting really annoyed. Why are they doing it through snail mail? It is 2017!!!!!! I need to know now! lol

I'd give them a call. My package from York got lost in the mail. 

3 minutes ago, Tshskespeare said:

I'd give them a call. My package from York got lost in the mail. 

Well, my situation is not so bad. I know I was accepted. I just don't know for which divisions P/J, J/I, I/S, and I don't know what my teachables are... Considering the meet and greet is a week from today, I will wait until Tuesday. If I don't hear from them by then, then I will call. I did send an e-mail 2 days ago, but they did not respond yet.

4 minutes ago, Tshskespeare said:

Yeah that's smart.  I didn't recieve mine until the 10th and it was dated the 1st. You have three weeks from the date they sent it to reply. 

Oh thank you for letting me know!!!! ... So that means that if mine is dated for the 1st, then I would have to reply by the 21st... Okay maybe I should call them tomorrow then!!

I will also be accepting the MACSE program and rejecting the MT program, so hopefully that opens up a spot for someone

Is anyone picking MT P/J over the MA/CSE program? Still a little bit confused 

5 minutes ago, river6 said:

I will also be accepting the MACSE program and rejecting the MT program, so hopefully that opens up a spot for someone

Is anyone picking MT P/J over the MA/CSE program? Still a little bit confused 

This might sound like a stupid reason, but "Master of Teaching" sounds more like a general qualification, which employers might think is more relevant to different jobs... As in, let's say later in life you would like to teach adults at a college/university/some other place. The MT would sound better in that case instead of the MACSE, since the MACSE is based on 'children'.

This may be a silly reason, and it may not even apply to you, but it is something to think about maybe for some people.