csot

Fall 2017 Acceptances/Interviews/Rejections Thread

Has anybody received an official financial package from UNC yet? The admission letter has referenced the stipend amount and teaching requirement, but I thought we may receive a more detailed financial package by now. 

36 minutes ago, sociologicals said:

Hi everybody -- 

I know I asked this in the past, but it may have gotten buried. Can someone claim the Princeton acceptance?

How were you notified and by who? And do you know if they have accepted all candidates? 

I cannot claim the acceptance, unfortunately, but looking back over the past several years, Princeton seems to always release acceptances and rejections within a couple of days of each other. The exception to this was last year when they accepted one person early on in the season and then sent out the majority of acceptances and rejections several weeks later. Considering no one else has heard anything, I suspect most of the acceptances have not gone out yet, and we will be repeating last year's pattern.

As today seems to me very slow in terms of sociology acceptances, I'm guessing tomorrow will be an avalanche! I can hope so at least :P

congrats to all the new acceptances yesterday and today!

3 minutes ago, GvilleGirl said:

That was me! I got an e-mail from the Graduate Chair David Grazian! Not sure about the portal--haven't checked!

Congrats!! :) When  you get a chance can you check if there was an update to your portal? I would greatly appreciate any info on that. 

Thank you!!

46 minutes ago, GvilleGirl said:

That was me! I got an e-mail from the Graduate Chair David Grazian! Not sure about the portal--haven't checked!

Congratulations! I love his work.

3 hours ago, csot said:

Still holding onto hope because last year, acceptances to Penn were sent out in waves. Congrats to those who have been admitted! :)

Same situation here. I was expecting to hear back from so many schools this week, but I've heard nothing. 2a3r9p. 

22 minutes ago, shaodiao said:

I'm not that optimistic now since Penn also sent waitlist. Looking at rejections from Penn and Yale soon.

Trying to remain hopeful as well. Congrats to those who got in!

I am also interested in knowing if the Harvard rejection for the joint program is the same person as the one for sociology. 

I also saw an acceptance from Yale on yesterday with an e-mail from the DGS anyone want to claim that one? 

Anyone care to claim the inquiry call to BC that was posted on the results board? Any details on if they mailed their letters like previous years or notified accepted students differently?

21 minutes ago, mcpphu said:

Michigan is taking so long this year to send out results! 

I know, it's driving me crazy. I know they're supposed to be taking a long time this year to limit their class size, but that doesn't make it any less nervewracking whenever my e-mail chimes.

51 minutes ago, meowcow said:

Anyone care to claim the inquiry call to BC that was posted on the results board? Any details on if they mailed their letters like previous years or notified accepted students differently?

That was me! I didn't think to ask if they sent letters or emailed. Sorry.... best of luck to you!