Fall 2017 Acceptances/Interviews/Rejections Thread

csot

26 minutes ago, AmityDuPeuple said:

I just accepted Notre Dame's offer!!! I still haven't heard from from Toronto or Yale yet. My advisor told me not to assume they are rejections, so I'm trying not to. But the more I went over it in my head, the more I am convinced that Notre Dame is going to be the best place for me in so many different ways. Maybe I jumped the gun a bit, but I know I won't regret it. 

Now to celebrate! 

Best of luck :) 

8 hours ago, limonchello said:

Only one I see on the results board is an acceptance from Jan 12, which is very early...  hopefully some one here knows something!

5 hours ago, HighlyCaffeinated said:

Yes, I was accepted Jan 12 and went to their visit day last week.

Thanks for the update! I guess I'm  waiting on a rejection lol 

5 hours ago, AgumonIsAPokemon said:

Wondering if anybody heard anything from McGill. I know some received their PhD offers, but any MA applicants? 

Thanks!

Hey! I applied for a masters to Mcgill, still no answer

31 minutes ago, Planner101 said:

Did you conclude from the "insiders list" that you were rejected from Yale? 

No I received a rejection email from a POI. They have sent out all of their acceptances...I don't know about waitlists.

23 hours ago, HighlyCaffeinated said:

Best of luck :) 

Thanks!! 

I don't expect that I will need much luck now that I'm in, just diligence, fortitude, and intellect, but not necessarily in that order. (Maybe I am a bit of a curmudgeon when it comes to ideas of luck. I just don't believe in it. Haha!) 

My dad likes to say that luck is when preparation meets opportunity. So I will work hard to prepare and put myself in positions where opportunity is sure to come my way. 

Edited by AmityDuPeuple

53 minutes ago, jojokitty47 said:

No I received a rejection email from a POI. They have sent out all of their acceptances...I don't know about waitlists.

Cool. I heard they made all of the offers but I didn't know that denials were already sent. It appears that the notifications went out during the first week of March last year. 

48 minutes ago, Planner101 said:

Cool. I heard they made all of the offers but I didn't know that denials were already sent. It appears that the notifications went out during the first week of March last year. 

I havent heard from them at all, just gonna assume it's a reject...

1 hour ago, WorldPeaceMaker2010 said:

I havent heard from them at all, just gonna assume it's a reject...

That's one way to look at it. However, if Harvard was nice enough to kindly "regret to inform" us then I am sure Yale send correspondence - good or bad - as well. 

Well I defended my thesis Friday and passed!!  I have some edits but should be done by the end of the week :D AND, the reason I got on here, is that when I e-mailed WSU to let them know I had passed I got an e-mail back from my poi saying I'm at the top of the waitlist (knew I was waitlisted previously but didn't know my position)!  There is still hope!  Anyways now I'm hoping that someone tells them no and hopefully soon so this anxiety can pass.  Good luck to everyone this week!  Hopefully this week will have some good news :) 

31 minutes ago, montanem said:

Well I defended my thesis Friday and passed!!  I have some edits but should be done by the end of the week :D AND, the reason I got on here, is that when I e-mailed WSU to let them know I had passed I got an e-mail back from my poi saying I'm at the top of the waitlist (knew I was waitlisted previously but didn't know my position)!  There is still hope!  Anyways now I'm hoping that someone tells them no and hopefully soon so this anxiety can pass.  Good luck to everyone this week!  Hopefully this week will have some good news :) 

That's awesome news! I'm hoping you get off the waitlist soon and are able to attend. :)

1 hour ago, Jessica80 said:

@SchweinI think so. I got my acceptance back in January. I'm attending the visit day on 3/13. 

Congrats! It seems they send out rejs weeks after acceptances!