Projected Acceptance Dates for English PHD programs

9 hours ago, la_mod said:

Yes! I got my rejection a few weeks later. *shrugs*

I'm sorry to hear that.

If recent trends continue, Duke (English), Chicago and Notre Dame will be notifying today and (possibly) tomorrow. Notre Dame has a tendency to call. Notre Dame and Chicago using e-mail. Good luck to all.

1 hour ago, Warelin said:

If recent trends continue, Duke (English), Chicago and Notre Dame will be notifying today and (possibly) tomorrow. Notre Dame has a tendency to call. Notre Dame and Chicago using e-mail. Good luck to all.

I can't handle the anticipation!

2 hours ago, Warelin said:

I'm sorry to hear that.

Sending good vibes to all who applied to those schools!

8 minutes ago, punctilious said:

Does anyone know whether Columbia interviews? I thought I read somewhere that they did, but I'm not sure.

Columbia interviews for certain subfields. People have been accepted without an interview request. Following past trends, interview requests will go out next week!

2 minutes ago, Warelin said:

Columbia interviews for certain subfields. People have been accepted without an interview request. Following past trends, interview requests will go out next week!

You are just such a wealth of knowledge! Thank you so much for all that you do for this community! Haha.

3 hours ago, Warelin said:

I'm sorry to hear that.

40 minutes ago, Warelin said:

You're going to give me a heart attack! Where are you getting all this from? Who are your sources? Who do you have on the inside?!?!

50 minutes ago, WildeThing said:

You're going to give me a heart attack! Where are you getting all this from? Who are your sources? Who do you have on the inside?!?!

Data mined from: https://www.thegradcafe.com/survey/

In the past, I've also spoken to applicants who have been able to confirm interviews did happen. :)

9 minutes ago, punctilious said:

Sitting at work, actually doing something productive, then I think, "Oh my god, it's been five minutes, I need to check the results board and forum immediately."

This is going to be a long couple months...

Bahaha I just got yelled at in a meeting for reading @punctilious‘s post instead of some dude’s dumb Powerpoint! The struggle is real!! 

2 minutes ago, FreakyFoucault said:

Bahaha I just got yelled at in a meeting for reading @punctilious‘s post instead of some dude’s dumb Powerpoint! The struggle is real!! 

LOL. The good news is I love my job. The bad news is no amount of passion for my job is going to stop me from doing this every day until this is all over. 

My boss walked into my office this morning as I was texting my husband and trying to test his Skype connection for his Maryland interview today. Thankfully, she's on board since she's a Terp.

P.S. My hatred for PowerPoint has increased exponentially over the past couple days. I had to create ~35 pie graphs yesterday. That's just the pie charts. I also had to do stacked bar graphs with area charts. And maps. It hurts. But at least it all looks really pretty and the branding is on point!

I'm looking at MA programs at:

*Alabama:

*Kentucky:

Mississippi: Mid March

*North Carolina State:

Tennessee: Early Feb.

*Any information on the empty ones?

I'll do my own search and report what I find for anyone else looking at these schools, but I would also appreciate any info that anyone else has.

1 hour ago, punctilious said:

Sitting at work, actually doing something productive, then I think, "Oh my god, it's been five minutes, I need to check the results board and forum immediately."

This is going to be a long couple months...

1 hour ago, WildeThing said:

Someone give me some soap so I can clean while I’m up here climbing these walls.

The great thing is that this will not be the last time you experience these sensations.  I just finished submitting all of my fellowship applications for next year, as well as an article for publication, and it will require all of my willpower and more to be able to transition back to dissertation work and not just pointlessly check my e-mail for the next 4-6 weeks.  Academia will always be keeping you in terrible suspense! 

My program's DGS just sent out the form asking who would like to help with new grad recruitment visits.  Warelin's projected date is pretty much right on target for my program as far as my experience goes.  My experience also tells me that my program, and many others, tend to accept on Fridays (in my program this is the day that committee meetings are generally held, as there are no graduate classes, and lends itself to committee members going for drinks afterward).  It will be interesting to see if any of you fine folks come to visit.

Edited by jrockford27

Hello Everyone,

Got a call yesterday from the head of English Graduate Admissions at Notre Dame with an invitation to fly out (at their expense) for a "recruitment" weekend.

Can't help but feel this is a good sign, yes?

4 minutes ago, Volumnia'sEdge said:

Hello Everyone,

Got a call yesterday from the head of English Graduate Admissions at Notre Dame with an invitation to fly out (at their expense) for a "recruitment" weekend.

CONGRATULATIONS! I ran out of upvotes for today but I'd totally upvote you if I could. That's amazing!

9 minutes ago, Volumnia'sEdge said:

Hello Everyone,

Congrats! That is a good sign! It's from interviewed lists that Notre Dame decides who to admit and who to waitlist. :)

2 hours ago, punctilious said:

The fact that you manage to do anything productive at all is awesome! I go in everyday thinking, "I'm gonna focus on work today and definitely not fall into the pit of obsessive forum-checking/email refreshing." And yet, here I am... 

1 hour ago, Volumnia'sEdge said:

Hello Everyone,

Congrats and share details when its over!!