4 minutes ago, Zelda said:

I just got into my #1 choice--University of Oregon! Perfect fit & location for me/us! So so relieved right now.

2 acceptances & 3 still unknown (they send out decisions very late evidently). I AM FREAKING OUT. haha

Congrats Zelda!!! Just curious, was it a personalized email, or did it seem like it went out to all who were accepted? 

@eatthatbee, thank you so much! <3

@clinamen, very personalized e-mail/letter attached. Spoke directly about my CV & professors that would like to work with me (I mentioned no POIs deliberately on application). Sorry, still coming down off the high right now! Thank you!

Edited by Zelda

6 hours ago, aob981 said:

Has anyone heard anything about UNC? Are we thinking implied rejection if we haven't heard yet as they'd notified by this time last year?

6 hours ago, allywally said:

wondering the same thing...

6 hours ago, piers_plowman said:

I'd guess they're yet to notify. We're only a couple days past last year's notification date for them, and they're not famous for tiny cohorts where they could send offers without any GCers getting them and posting (like Vanderbilt).

6 hours ago, Wyatt's Terps said:

Yeah, it looks like UNC simply hasn't made their decisions yet. I would imagine they'll come this week, but they've traditionally been one of the later programs to notify. No sense in assuming an implied rejection just yet! :)

I'm pretty sure they haven't notified yet ;) Good luck, everybody! I was in this boat 2 years ago and the waiting was unfun. 

23 minutes ago, Zelda said:

I just got into my #1 choice--University of Oregon! Perfect fit & location for me/us! So so relieved right now.

2 acceptances & 3 still unknown (they send out decisions very late evidently). I AM FREAKING OUT. haha

Congrats!!! (And thanks for all the helpful information you've been posting.)  Enjoy the high!! :)

27 minutes ago, Zelda said:

@clinamen, very personalized e-mail/letter attached. Spoke directly about my CV & professors that would like to work with me (I mentioned no POIs deliberately on application). Sorry, still coming down off the high right now! Thank you!

Do you mind if I ask your sub-field? :)

1 hour ago, Zelda said:

43 minutes ago, orphic_mel528 said:

Just got my acceptance/offer letter from University of Oregon! Stoked, although now ancy about the decision making. Congrats @Zelda!

Way to go, you two! :D

@Zelda and @orphic_mel528 - congrats on the Oregon acceptances! That was another program that I've been kicking myself for not applying to - they have an AMAZING environmental lit program! So excited for you both! 

Good luck to those waiting on UNC! I hope they let you know soon! 

20 hours ago, urbanfarmer said:

Any chance you know anything more about UCSC? I'm just trying to figure out if they've finished notifying or if they're still in the process!

Thanks!

They've sent out the invitations and details for the visit day next week, so I imagine this means they've finished notifying. Communication has been generally funky, so things might just be moving slowly over there.

19 hours ago, aob981 said:

Has anyone heard anything about UNC? Are we thinking implied rejection if we haven't heard yet as they'd notified by this time last year?

I contacted the DGA because I'm juggling campus visits with tight RSVP timelines and want to make sure I can prioritize UNC if it's an option. Got a quick response that said they're almost done, and that decisions should come out by the end of this week or Monday at the latest. 

1 minute ago, allywally said:

I got into LSU! My first acceptance. :D I may be dancing in my office right now. 

Huzzah! Way to go!!

Does anyone know if we're still waiting on acceptances from Harvard? The results board seems to imply that at least one of the two acceptances is not real -- has anyone gotten any concrete news? Thanks!!

14 hours ago, ShakesRos said:

Hi! So I caved and emailed BU. They said all acceptances have been sent out. They rejected me and offered me the MA. Sorry for the news.  Good luck with the rest of your apps!

Thanks for the update! I figured it'd be between the two schools I got into early this season. Now to choose!

28 minutes ago, othersamantha said:

Does anyone know if we're still waiting on acceptances from Harvard? The results board seems to imply that at least one of the two acceptances is not real -- has anyone gotten any concrete news? Thanks!!

So actually like 10 minutes later I got an email letting me know a decision had been made, haha! Good luck to others and congrats to anyone accepted!

Edited by othersamantha

23 minutes ago, zombiekeats said:

Thanks for the update! I figured it'd be between the two schools I got into early this season. Now to choose!

Congrats on the acceptances!!! Good luck :)

Hi, I'm new here and wanted to say hello. I'm sorry I'm posting this now, but I wanted to let you guys - especially @BLK1222 and @ShakesRos - know that I did receive an acceptance from Tufts' English Lit PhD program on 2/15/2016 and a rejection from Northeastern's PhD on 2/21/2016. I'm ecstatic because Tufts was one of my top 3 schools - my main fields are Postcolonial Theory & Lit and Global Anglophone Literatures - and they were the first to reach out and put me out of my waiting misery. I am still waiting on the PhD programs from Brandeis, Boston University, and Boston College, so I'll let you know when I hear something. I'm sorry that I don't know what the best thing to do is, but maybe email Tufts to ask since they have made decisions. I hope you all get good news - Good Luck!

39 minutes ago, ThePomoHipster said:

I got into the University of Toronto!!! It was my first choice Canada school so I am sooo excited! :D

Way to go! That's a very tough nut to crack!

6 minutes ago, Wyatt's Terps said:

Way to go! That's a very tough nut to crack!

Thanks @Wyatt's Terps! I literally had to pinch myself when I found out the results because I couldn't believe it! It probably didn't help that I got the email right when I woke up so I thought I was actually dreaming haha

1 hour ago, manals said:

Hi, I'm new here and wanted to say hello. I'm sorry I'm posting this now, but I wanted to let you guys - especially @BLK1222 and @ShakesRos - know that I did receive an acceptance from Tufts' English Lit PhD program on 2/15/2016 and a rejection from Northeastern's PhD on 2/21/2016. I'm ecstatic because Tufts was one of my top 3 schools - my main fields are Postcolonial Theory & Lit and Global Anglophone Literatures - and they were the first to reach out and put me out of my waiting misery. I am still waiting on the PhD programs from Brandeis, Boston University, and Boston College, so I'll let you know when I hear something. I'm sorry that I don't know what the best thing to do is, but maybe email Tufts to ask since they have made decisions. I hope you all get good news - Good Luck!

Hi! Congrats on Tufts!!!  I emailed Boston University and the GSC told me they already sent out acceptances. They denied me the PhD, but accepted me into the MA ( which I'm pretty sure they do for everyone, though I could be wrong).  It's crazy that I haven't seen many Tufts notifications or even waitlists. But I'm still holding out hope. Keep in touch and I will do the same! 

After waiting through a painful number of rejections, I woke up to an acceptance from the University of Toronto! Absolutely thrilled, and totally in shock since I was already steeling myself to apply again next year.

@ThePomoHipster Congrats to you! Will I see you at the visit day?

8 minutes ago, erosanddust said:

After waiting through a painful number of rejections, I woke up to an acceptance from the University of Toronto! Absolutely thrilled, and totally in shock since I was already steeling myself to apply again next year.

@ThePomoHipster Congrats to you! Will I see you at the visit day?

Congrats! I also went through a painful number of rejections before hearing back from UofT so I know exactly how you feel. Yes! I have to take the day off from work but I will try my best to make it to the Visitor's Day! Can't wait to meet you and the rest of the prospective students! :D

3 minutes ago, ThePomoHipster said:

Congrats! I also went through a painful number of rejections before hearing back from UofT so I know exactly how you feel. Yes! I have to take the day off from work but I will try my best to make it to the Visitor's Day! Can't wait to meet you and the rest of the prospective students! :D

Yay! Looking forward to meeting you. I also do post-1945 stuff, so I'm interested to hear about your research interests!

Also, I had mentally categorized it as a rejection, so I'm stunned to have just received notice that I'm waitlisted at Boston University!