2017 Acceptances

20 hours ago, ShakesRos said:

Brandeis is killing me! I think I have checked my email and that website a thousand times..today alone! Are you going to the visiting days at Tufts?

Yes - both Brandeis & BU!

I'd like to go visit Tufts - I'm supremely lucky in that I live near there - but I haven't heard anything about visiting days. I was going to email a student & ask about that. Can you please tell me more.

18 hours ago, piers_plowman said:

Accepted to Chapel Hill! And on Saturday night, but the email went to my Spam folder! Anyone waiting on them, be sure to check yours.

Final response, thank god this is over and I can get to the decision-making. 9a/0w/8r

I am so glad you said something about the Spam folder. I was waitlisted at UNC yesterday and would have had no idea if I hadn't seen this!

I just received word that I've been accepted at the University of Indiana Bloomington's PhD program! This was my reach school--every other program that I applied to was just a MA.

I am shell-shocked. I need to sit down. I AM SITTING DOWN. What is happening!

Image result for I have no idea what's happening excited

5 minutes ago, positivitize said:

I just received word that I've been accepted at the University of Indiana Bloomington's PhD program! This was my reach school--every other program that I applied to was just a MA.

Oh wow! Congratulations!!! What fantastic news...and such a fantastic program to boot! 

1 hour ago, positivitize said:

Yayyyyyyyyy!

tumblr_nitcwgTQcg1tj2lj8o1_400.gif

1 hour ago, positivitize said:

HEYYYOOOOO!!!

4 hours ago, positivitize said:

Oh my gosh, dude!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you!!!!!! What were the odds???? aaaaaaaaah!!

2 hours ago, Hartley said:

So are we all under the same assumption that Yale is done, and has been for a while, but just hasn't sent out mass rejections?

That's my going assumption! Then again, that was also my going assumption about UNC for several days...and then I got waitlisted. So I'm considering Yale an implied rejection for anyone who hasn't yet heard, but I suppose you never know until you know.

For what it's worth, while I mentally cross "implied rejections" off my master brain list, I don't cross things off the physical list that sits pinned to the wall behind my computer until I get a definitive answer either way. I suppose that makes me a mental pessimist and a physical optimist? Hmm...

12 hours ago, positivitize said:

AHHHH! I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!!!

15 hours ago, ShakesRos said:

I just got rejected from Brandeis. Sad day

I'm sorry about that - it's very sucky news. :-(

How did you find out? I still haven't received any notification.

10 minutes ago, manals said:

I'm sorry about that - it's very sucky news. :-(

How did you find out? I still haven't received any notification.

Email to check website. Form rejection  letter. 

1 minute ago, ShakesRos said:

Email to check website. Form rejection  letter. 

Thank you. But keep your fingers crossed - you're on the Tufts waitlist and you got into BU's MA program. Things are still moving forward, right? I'm going to go to Tufts on the 16th; will you be there?

Villanova application completed (with nightmarish credential evaluations finally received) so the waiting game begins (it will be short).

George Mason application with be completed as of this weekend...

I'm still in the game, guys, I haven't given up yet è_é 

Goddangitt, guys. ASU is all like "We have an amazing FYC program--hybrid courses, stretch courses, advanced courses! And Shirley Rose is here! Teaching here would be lovely." But now that I'm waiting on news, they're all like "-----------."

But congrats to all of you on your newest acceptances! Especially you FSU folk! I missed that deadline, and I've kicked myself every day since.

On 2017-03-03 at 2:24 PM, ThePomoHipster said:

Same here (although I'm also waiting on UBC at this point). Are you leaning more towards UofT? I know I am!

Sorry for the late reply — but yes, I am definitely leaning towards UofT! Just booked my flights for visit day, and have been giddily researching the university / city. 

ETA: I'm also seeing a lot of recent Boston College MA admits on the results board! If anyone here is considering the program, free to message me with questions.

Edited by erosanddust
Had more to say, didn't want to double post

1 hour ago, Hartley said:

Just so y'all know.  Decisions from Yale are hiding in the portal, just below your basic application info.  Looks like they just uploaded a bunch of them today.  

A no for me.  And with that, I'm off to Notre Dame!!  Couldn't be more excited.

Thanks for this notification! Yale was the last one I hadn't heard from, so I'm now greatly relieved to be able to focus on the birds I have in hand as opposed to all of the ones that are in the bush...or, pecked my hand and flew away, rather.

37 minutes ago, erosanddust said:

Sorry for the late reply — but yes, I am definitely leaning towards UofT! Just booked my flights for visit day, and have been giddily researching the university / city. 

ETA: I'm also seeing a lot of recent Boston College MA admits on the results board! If anyone here is considering the program, free to message me with questions.

Would like to add-on to @erosanddust's ETA...feel free to message me as well about BC's MA program :) 

2 hours ago, Hartley said:

Just so y'all know.  Decisions from Yale are hiding in the portal, just below your basic application info.  Looks like they just uploaded a bunch of them today.  

A no for me.  And with that, I'm off to Notre Dame!!  Couldn't be more excited.

Congratulations on your decision! And thank you for sharing this.