2 hours ago, Plantguypete said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! I am from California.... So..... :)

I am totally joking! I stated that I was in the wrong thread, but since you asked I will tell you! I am primarily interested in and my research focused on crop plants, namely legumes. I work on the legume-rhizobia symbiosis and how understanding the symbiosis can have positive impacts on sustainable agriculture in many impoverished and non-industrialized countries (many in Africa).

Again, thank you all for cutting me some slack :)

That's amazing work, Pete. Thanks for doing what you do :) 

On 3/3/2017 at 5:21 PM, ShakesRos said:

Hi! I was just waitlisted for Tufts! Have you heard from Brandeis?

That's wonderful news! Good luck. And no, unfortunately, I have still not heard from Brandeis or BU. I wish they'd let me know soon because I do want to make a decision now.

3 hours ago, manals said:

That's wonderful news! Good luck. And no, unfortunately, I have still not heard from Brandeis or BU. I wish they'd let me know soon because I do want to make a decision now.

Brandeis is killing me! I think I have checked my email and that website a thousand times..today alone! Are you going to the visiting days at Tufts?

Edited by ShakesRos

A few updates:

I was accepted into Marquette, interviewed for Stony Brook, and waitlisted for Iowa.

This is my first waitlist in the midst of 5 other acceptances, but I am pretty certain I've either been waitlisted or rejected at Oregon and Florida.

Difficult decisions lie ahead! *shakes with nerves*

Anyone also waiting on the University of Utah? It seems like it should be coming up, but just wanted to ask! I saw a couple of waitlists posted on the survey, but I'm thinking those are for CW? :)

Just got my rejection from U of Oregon. I am bummed because it was one of my "safe" schools (and an excellent program), but my application was very rushed and the program was not the best for me. I applied mostly for the location and the university, not personal fit (as I have learned - huge mistake!) 

Good luck to everyone still waiting!!! 

Congrats @JessicaLange

I've heard back from three schools - two rejections and one acceptance. I was accepted to CMU - I applied to their PhD program but was accepted for the MA program. I'm waiting to hear from UW which is my topic choice...

11 hours ago, ShakesRos said:

Brandeis is killing me! I think I have checked my email and that website a thousand times..today alone! Are you going to the visiting days at Tufts?

Ahem... SAAAAAAMEEEE! Brandeis just tell us already! Jeeze!

4 hours ago, natalielouise said:

Just got my rejection from U of Oregon. I am bummed because it was one of my "safe" schools (and an excellent program), but my application was very rushed and the program was not the best for me. I applied mostly for the location and the university, not personal fit (as I have learned - huge mistake!) 

Good luck to everyone still waiting!!! 

You shouldn't be bummed, then, since it clearly wasn't a good fit!

20 hours ago, ShakesRos said:

Yes - both Brandeis & BU!

I'd like to go visit Tufts - I'm supremely lucky in that I live near there - but I haven't heard anything about visiting days. I was going to email a student & ask about that. Can you please tell me more.

18 hours ago, piers_plowman said:

Accepted to Chapel Hill! And on Saturday night, but the email went to my Spam folder! Anyone waiting on them, be sure to check yours.

Final response, thank god this is over and I can get to the decision-making. 9a/0w/8r

I am so glad you said something about the Spam folder. I was waitlisted at UNC yesterday and would have had no idea if I hadn't seen this!

I just received word that I've been accepted at the University of Indiana Bloomington's PhD program! This was my reach school--every other program that I applied to was just a MA.

I am shell-shocked. I need to sit down. I AM SITTING DOWN. What is happening!

Image result for I have no idea what's happening excited

5 minutes ago, positivitize said:

I just received word that I've been accepted at the University of Indiana Bloomington's PhD program! This was my reach school--every other program that I applied to was just a MA.

Oh wow! Congratulations!!! What fantastic news...and such a fantastic program to boot! 

1 hour ago, positivitize said:

Yayyyyyyyyy!

tumblr_nitcwgTQcg1tj2lj8o1_400.gif

1 hour ago, positivitize said:

HEYYYOOOOO!!!

18 hours ago, Silabus said:

Ahem... SAAAAAAMEEEE! Brandeis just tell us already! Jeeze!

I just got rejected from Brandeis. Sad day

4 hours ago, positivitize said:

Oh my gosh, dude!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you!!!!!! What were the odds???? aaaaaaaaah!!

2 hours ago, Hartley said:

So are we all under the same assumption that Yale is done, and has been for a while, but just hasn't sent out mass rejections?

That's my going assumption! Then again, that was also my going assumption about UNC for several days...and then I got waitlisted. So I'm considering Yale an implied rejection for anyone who hasn't yet heard, but I suppose you never know until you know.

For what it's worth, while I mentally cross "implied rejections" off my master brain list, I don't cross things off the physical list that sits pinned to the wall behind my computer until I get a definitive answer either way. I suppose that makes me a mental pessimist and a physical optimist? Hmm...

12 hours ago, positivitize said:

AHHHH! I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!!!

8 hours ago, ShakesRos said:

#Same

So did I. *sigh*

15 hours ago, ShakesRos said:

I'm sorry about that - it's very sucky news. :-(

How did you find out? I still haven't received any notification.