Jump to content
nixipixi

Stanford ECE interview?

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Auriolus said:

nixipixi, are you an international student? And has this request appeared on your applyweb status page too? (I agree it should not be correlated to being admitted at all because it appeared during interview week; I believe no decisions should have been made before a committee meeting at least, not sure though)

Yes, I am an international student. It appeared on my applyweb status (I only checked after seeing posts here). It appeared  after 2 interviews with POIs that went well and before an additional skype interview with a non-POI.

Who knows what it all means at this point...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also saw the Official Documents Request thing pop up for Stanford. I'm not sure when since I hadn't checked for a while. Did anyone see this who did send their official transcripts by mail-- or only people who suspect they may have messed up that part of the process?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bobweiding said:

Are you all applying PhD? I am applying for master, and does anyone know whether Stanford will interview a master or not usually?

thanks

I don't think Stanford usually interviews Masters EE candidates.. I know someone last year accepted without interviews.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/30/2017 at 7:02 AM, nixipixi said:

Yes, I am an international student. It appeared on my applyweb status (I only checked after seeing posts here). It appeared  after 2 interviews with POIs that went well and before an additional skype interview with a non-POI.

Who knows what it all means at this point...

Did you PAY and ORDER for the Official documents or not? My department told me that I don't have to. I have seen a PhD Linguistics order the documents and get confirmation for open house in March.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If your department did not specify this requirement (PAY and ORDER) before it was suddenly added to the website (ApplyWeb), then you really should not care about it. If any of the requirements change, at least IMO, the department will email all its applicants clearly about what to do. If your department has not done that, then admission and paying/ordering are NOT correlated. 

Best of luck!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Auriolus said:

If your department did not specify this requirement (PAY and ORDER) before it was suddenly added to the website (ApplyWeb), then you really should not care about it. If any of the requirements change, at least IMO, the department will email all its applicants clearly about what to do. If your department has not done that, then admission and paying/ordering are NOT correlated. 

Best of luck!!

 

Definitely, this Document Request pop up has something to do with the fact that your application attracted someone's attention even if it's NOT correlated to being admitted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/30/2017 at 7:02 AM, nixipixi said:

Yes, I am an international student. It appeared on my applyweb status (I only checked after seeing posts here). It appeared  after 2 interviews with POIs that went well and before an additional skype interview with a non-POI.

Who knows what it all means at this point...

First, congratulations on your offers. I'm just checking my inbox and spam +60 times a day. Just wanted to know if Receiving an email stating that your "APPLICATION IS CURRENTLY UNDER REVIEW ... we expect to have decisions sent out by ..." just one week after the department deadline is a Good sign or not. I received that email and the "Document Request" pop-up showed up the next day. If my application was heading to the recycling bin, they wouldn't bother telling me to "ORDER OFFICIAL DOCUMENTS".

PS: I already sent all OFFICIAL transcripts by Postal Mail and my file shows COMPLETE with all Transcripts showing OFFICIAL.

Just worried and trying get some hints from already Interviewed or admitted applicants.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure what's going on with this document request stuff -  it did not happen to me last year. However, we did receive an email on 2/8 telling us to check ApplyWeb for our decision letter. No official news, but I feel like decisions should be released soon - CS is already done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Edotdl said:

Congrats to the admits!

An international applicant got an admission offer to the Stanford ECE PhD program yesterday.
He did mention that he did have the Document request pop up showing on his Applyweb page for these last weeks.
Anyway, he got in even if the Adcom told him it was irrelevant a few weeks ago. Keep the faith.

PS: someone didn't like the post and had it deleted yesterday morning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, alex2017 said:

An international applicant got an admission offer to the Stanford ECE PhD program yesterday.
He did mention that he did have the Document request pop up showing on his Applyweb page for these last weeks.
Anyway, he got in even if the Adcom told him it was irrelevant a few weeks ago. Keep the faith.

PS: someone didn't like the post and had it deleted yesterday morning.

All acceptances should have gone out by this time though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Edotdl said:

All acceptances should have gone out by this time though. 

Aww, guess I didn't make it.. Just wondering, did you hear this from the admissions committee?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, abcde12345 said:

Aww, guess I didn't make it.. Just wondering, did you hear this from the admissions committee?

Not officially, but I'm pretty sure most (if not all) the acceptances are sent out together. Also, last year I believe 200 students were interviewed and 120 were ultimately accepted.

Edited by Edotdl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/12/2017 at 9:52 PM, abcde12345 said:

I'm clueless too.. Fingers crossed :P

By the way, are you the Newly admitted PhD applicant who posted results today?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, predoc said:

Has anyone been admitted without an interview ? 

All admitted PhD students I have talked to were interviewed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.