UCI CLS - Interview & Recruitment Event

11 hours ago, kiki_2_4 said:

In sure you all did a lot better than you think you did. Have faith/hope! I didn't make this account with an anonymous type name so you all probably know exactly who I am but, everyone I met there was super smart and a real contender! You all definitely have a shot!

Thank you for the kind and encouraging words.

I heard back and was accepted! Congrats to those who were accepted!! I feel as though a heavy weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I'm waiting to hear back from a few other schools, but I am pretty set on UCI for the most part. How are you all feeling?

I was also wondering what you all think the acceptance rate is? I was told by a friend who goes to UCI that they usually keep an unofficial waitlist and extend Skype interviews after others let them know they cannot attend. Interesting process!

4 hours ago, waitnhope said:

I heard back and was accepted! Congrats to those who were accepted!! I feel as though a heavy weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I'm waiting to hear back from a few other schools, but I am pretty set on UCI for the most part. How are you all feeling?

I was also wondering what you all think the acceptance rate is? I was told by a friend who goes to UCI that they usually keep an unofficial waitlist and extend Skype interviews after others let them know they cannot attend. Interesting process!

Congratulations, again.

I was also accepted to UCI and it had been my top choicr from the start. However, I've been pleasantly surprised at the level of support and encouragement I've received from faculty at another university. It's making me really consider this other institution. Although, UCI is still my choice at the moment.

Best of luck as you consider your admissions.

Has anyone heard back about funding

On 2/17/2017 at 7:09 AM, OptimiscallyAnxious said:

Congratulations, again.

I was also accepted to UCI and it had been my top choicr from the start. However, I've been pleasantly surprised at the level of support and encouragement I've received from faculty at another university. It's making me really consider this other institution. Although, UCI is still my choice at the moment.

Best of luck as you consider your admissions.

Glad to hear you're receiving additional support! How does the support differ from UCI? I'm also debating between two programs. 

3 hours ago, waitnhope said:

Glad to hear you're receiving additional support! How does the support differ from UCI? I'm also debating between two programs. 

My POI at the other university has just been really attentive and continued to be in touch and advising me about additional resources. I mean UCI has been great as well I've received a lot of emails from faculty too.

5 hours ago, waitnhope said:

I was going to ask if anyone had heard ab funding yet too. I was notified that I was accepted on the 14th and she said that official acceptance letter and offer of financial support would follow but haven't heard anything since then!

I'm not quite sure how to go about telling them my competing offer because I'm still not 100% sure what my other funding offer is. The school told me what funding I would receive based on last year's funding package but that I should expect a 2% increase. I guess I'll just go with the amount that I was told. 

Has anyone one else done any funding negotiating yet?

6 minutes ago, a little-stitious said:

I'm not quite sure how to go about telling them my competing offer because I'm still not 100% sure what my other funding offer is. The school told me what funding I would receive based on last year's funding package but that I should expect a 2% increase. I guess I'll just go with the amount that I was told. 

Has anyone one else done any funding negotiating yet?

Maybe you can reach out to one of the grad students we met during the recruitment weekend. I've found them to be extremely helpful.

4 hours ago, OptimiscallyAnxious said:

I spoke to them about my funding package and had a positive outcome. If you have any concerns I highly encourage you to let them know. 

Thanks for updating us! Did you contact your POI via email? How would you suggest going about that? I'm waiting to hear back about their fellowships. 

7 hours ago, waitnhope said:

Thanks for updating us! Did you contact your POI via email? How would you suggest going about that? I'm waiting to hear back about their fellowships. 

I originally emailed Leslie Noel who explained that Dr. John Hipp was the person to contact for funding inquiries. I followed up with Dr. Hipp via email and I received the revised funding information within a matter of days.

Best of luck.

Edited by OptimiscallyAnxious

• 2 weeks later...