Just wanted to put my two cents in here when it comes to MFA programs and funding. Of course full-funding is ideal; I wouldn't recommend going in debt for an MFA unless you have a solid plan for a job post-graduation. BUT there are a lot of programs that don't make the full-funding list, but they do fully-fund most of their students. So you have to do a bit more of your own research rather than just relying on the lists of fully-funded programs, but you can still find programs that will fully-fund you, and where you have a better chance of getting in. EWU (Eastern Washington University) is one of those. I'm advocating for them because my time in the program was so wonderful that I want them to get the attention they deserve. They really want to be able to fund everyone, but they can't just yet. They do offer funding to about 75% of the students, and there are tons of opportunities beyond just teaching comp. You could teach literature, do technical writing, manage a lit mag (Willow Springs) a small press (Willow Springs Books) run educational outreach programs and coordinate a literary festival (Get Lit!), direct the Writers in the Community program (teaching outside the university classroom) and second year MFAs have the opportunity to teach creative writing (instead of comp.) So it really is worth your time to do a bit of extra research beyond the lists. It's great to aim for those really selective programs, but smart to put some of the programs that are a bit more under the radar on your list. EWU has around an 11% acceptance rate, and it's seriously an awesome program. Spokane is a great city for writers (poets especially) and really cheap to live too. Any questions about that program let me know! 

I know money is tight for a lot of folks, so I won't tell them to take risks if it could put them in a stressful financial situation, but I will say that there are some programs that were formerly not fully-funded that now are and it's possible word just hasn't fully circulated yet. The other thing to consider is grants, scholarships and graduate assistantships outside of your program. My program actually offered me a teaching assistantship with tuition remission for the first year, but after it was over by some struck of luck I managed to land a graduate assistant position that also came with full funding. It was for a completely different school on campus and I only learned of it via a mass e-mail in my inbox over the summer.